What's new

Tikal

Here's some budshots of my Tikal girls at harvest. This pheno smells like fake strawberry peach sherbet. It's a bright smell with a bit of sweetness. The high is nice, heady but chilled and happy and pretty damn strong. She went to 12 weeks, the light schedule being 11/13 from day 1 of flower. Yield was 80g.

picture.php

And this pheno smells much more wild. It still has a sharpness to it and maybe echoes of strawberry but more vegetal. Amazing how sisters can come out, one refined and one much less so. This girls party trick is her high. It's euphoric, clear, energetic, upbeat and of medium potency. I like it. My fave daytime smoke right now. Yield was close to 100g!

picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks and sounds great Pandy and sharp eyes for the nanners there Mephorius. I have a pack of these to run someday.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Here's some budshots of my Tikal girls at harvest. This pheno smells like fake strawberry peach sherbet. It's a bright smell with a bit of sweetness. The high is nice, heady but chilled and happy and pretty damn strong. She went to 12 weeks, the light schedule being 11/13 from day 1 of flower. Yield was 80g.

View Image

And this pheno smells much more wild. It still has a sharpness to it and maybe echoes of strawberry but more vegetal. Amazing how sisters can come out, one refined and one much less so. This girls party trick is her high. It's euphoric, clear, energetic, upbeat and of medium potency. I like it. My fave daytime smoke right now. Yield was close to 100g!

View Image

Damn.... that top one looks n sounds like a real winner, what seeds were these??? Regular fems date purchased???

Hey guys,

I bought these seeds from ace about this time last year and they were regs. Yep the second pheno threw some nanas at the end. Ive had a few plants do this lately and recently I found a light leak in my room so I'm thinking that might be part of the problem. Incidentally, most of the plants that turned seem to be making infertile male flowers? They just form and then stick around not opening or dropping pollen. However one of my Honduras did make nanas that opened and dropped pollen, so that tropical monster was isolated. The bud looks so good though, I don't care if it has a few seeds here and there. Hoping my luck gets better now the light leak has been fixed. I was shocked when I noticed how light it was in my room up to 3 hours after lights out. I'm surprised it didn't cause worse problems.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi PandyFackler,

Strawberry/peach/incensey are the best terpene profiles that can be found in Tikal.
I'm glad one of your plants had all of them :)

The other pheno is indeed wilder, more like a purer guatemala phenotype.
Happy to hear that it is your favourite daytime smoke right now. And that you got a nice yield from them! Enjoy it! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi stoney917,

Thanks also for sharing your experience with Tikal. I'm glad you had the chance to experience different expressions from this line. Your A selected pheno looks impressive, very resinous and tight flowers, if her flowering time is acceptable and the high made the difference then you have a strawberry incensey winner :yes:

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi yesum,

Yes, the pure Guatemala is the sativa that we used to develop Tikal, which is a 75 % Guatemala and 25 % NL/Haze hybrid. Although Tikal has its own personality (different to pure Guatemala and NL/Haze) after so many generations working with her, breeding for unique traits found in the hybrid, Tikal is much better than pure Guatemala in all senses, and i prefer her high over NL/Haze hybrids, the strawberry aromas and the peach incensey pheno that can be found in modern Tikal are top notch.

Hi I have some Tikal fem seeds dated 18/11/14. It was a 5 pack but I only ran a couple at the time I have 3 left. I was hoping for incense aromas but the couple I tried didn't produce it really, a little maybe. They took 10/11 weeks, had a lot of pink colour in the buds and was ok but do you know what version I have? Is this the best line to find the incense plants? I'd rather buy new seeds than waste time but would hate to miss a good thing if its likely to be there? I got 3 left. Thanks

OnceUpon

Tikal is still the favorite over here. potent yet not as 'overpowering' as the sampled Panama, malawi, or Malawi x PCK. and clearer than the OE and Kali China. even though mentioned strains win in terms of aromas and get more WOW from people who try them. the positive vibes and clear minded tikal wins.

what a diverse selection ACE. thank you

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tikal is still the favorite over here. potent yet not as 'overpowering' as the sampled Panama, malawi, or Malawi x PCK. and clearer than the OE and Kali China. even though mentioned strains win in terms of aromas and get more WOW from people who try them. the positive vibes and clear minded tikal wins.

what a diverse selection ACE. thank you

Thanks OnceUpon! Our pleasure :)

I will pass your good feedback to komanche (breeder of Tikal), he is always happy when i comment him about the positive experiences that many growers are having with his strain.

justabluez

Veteran
The NEW FEM Tikal

The NEW FEM Tikal

Here are a couple shots of the latest FEM Tikal. She is a big plant. VEG was barely 3 weeks...I think.

Attachments

• tikal_62317_1.jpg
    tikal_62317_1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 20
  • tikal_62317_2.jpg
    tikal_62317_2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 22

Samuel Caldwell

Looks great! I'll be watching with great interest because I'm pretty sure I'm going to pop one in the next few days, too!

12/12 or 11/13 for Tikal?

Last edited:

justabluez

Veteran
Thanks. Best of luck with your garden! My first Tikal seed hits the dirt soon so I'm pretty happy today. :)

I wish I would have topped mine. Its only in a 2 gal pot and its about 4 feet. Very leggy. Maybe I would have had it closer to the light to shorten the nodes, and moved it to a 5 gal after topping it several times. Its a beautiful stocky plant. I could only imagine how this one would be if I vegd it for 2 months after topping it multiple times.

...I wish I would have topped her.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi justabluez,

Thank you very much for sharing pics of our most recent Tikal fem release :) Much appreciated, looks like they are starting the flowering in good shape, please keep us updated with their development!

Latest posts

Latest posts