What's new

Tikal

McFreedom

Hey Dubi, I've got some Tikal that I bought from Seedsman, they threw in some more Tikal for free. Is there a difference between the freebies Tikal and the Tikal I paid for?

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I believe the freebies are from another batch

Tikal 4 weeks cure, i
Tikal keeps giving me amnesia I keep forgetting what i was about to do! It's a bit cloudy thought provoking indica effect felt all in the head plus dreamy/spacey/floaty/mellow/stoney/relaxing/all feels good type vibe very pleasant high no body high at all,no raceyness or anxiety. Indica pheno is more potent but i think i like the mellow high of the sativa pheno more it has a better dreamy/lightly floaty/ good vibe feeling to it.

Sativa dominant (fire crotch pheno)
picture.php

Indica dominant pheno
picture.php

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am assuming the Guatemalan used in Tikal is the same as the pure Guatemalan?

Hi yesum,

Yes, the pure Guatemala is the sativa that we used to develop Tikal, which is a 75 % Guatemala and 25 % NL/Haze hybrid. Although Tikal has its own personality (different to pure Guatemala and NL/Haze) after so many generations working with her, breeding for unique traits found in the hybrid, Tikal is much better than pure Guatemala in all senses, and i prefer her high over NL/Haze hybrids, the strawberry aromas and the peach incensey pheno that can be found in modern Tikal are top notch.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tikals have been dried and been in jars about a week. A few have very strong lemon smells which is very nice. The keeper was the quickest to flower, had some obvious citrus smells but undertones of funk, good yield potential and a nice relaxing creeper heady high with no real come down. It can probably be grown better and will be rerun outdoors in a greenhouse but it is nice morning smoke for sure.

Thanks Moderndayhippy for sharing your experience with Tikal. :)
I'm glad you enjoy her aromas and effects, it's without any doubt a great day time smoke.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Smelling very good and adjusting well after repot @3 weeks. Shoulda done it earlier with these phenos, let 'em stretch a bit.

Tikals are on the left in the tent.

Beautiful indoor Tikals deepwaterdude ;)

They are small, but they have faced the second half of flowering grown almost to perfection! You did a great job with them,very appealing flowers.

I'm glad to know you found the strawberry smelling pheno, it's a great expression of the hybrid.

Happy to see you are also growing Tikal this outdoor season.
Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey All,

What's the stretch like on Tikal? I've got two females I want to run SOG style with my favourite Panama cut. The Panama was flowered straight from a just rooted clone and was potted up from a 0.5L pot to 1.5L then to 4.5L during flower and topped out at 85cm, which is about the max I can grow to in my space.

The two Tikal females I have from a five pack are somewhat Kushie looking - same as the two males I culled. I kept one male which is more sativa phenotypical.

Hi Boss Cocky,

You can expect similar stretching with Tikal, Tikal plants are slightly smaller in average compared with Panama. Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi, I've got some Tikal that I bought from Seedsman, they threw in some more Tikal for free. Is there a difference between the freebies Tikal and the Tikal I paid for?

Hi McFreedom,

Tikal sold in our original packaging comes from the last reproduction done in late 2014, which is the best standard version we have ever produced of the strain. The freebie is a previous version, not so highly worked, more open pollinated. Hope it helps with your doubts, wish you find interesting plants in both batches!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tikal 4 weeks cure, Tikal keeps giving me amnesia I keep forgetting what i was about to do! It's a bit cloudy thought provoking indica effect felt all in the head plus dreamy/spacey/floaty/mellow/stoney/relaxing/all feels good type vibe very pleasant high no body high at all,no raceyness or anxiety. Indica pheno is more potent but i think i like the mellow high of the sativa pheno more it has a better dreamy/lightly floaty/ good vibe feeling to it.

Sativa dominant (fire crotch pheno)

Hi icon,

Thanks for your feedback too!
I'm glad you are enjoying with the positive, 'feel good' effects of Tikal.

Fire crotch pheno! :biggrin: hehehehe if you like hairy ones you should try Honduras, massive flowers with plenty of reddish hairs.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good dubi. I have a pack of Tikal coming, also Guatemala. Oh, forgot the Honduras, got a pack of that too. hehe

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tikal R7 F5 (peach incensey pheno) selected mother, reversed to produce the upcoming new Tikal feminized version, and other central american sativa x Tikal hybrids too.

Attachments

• Tikal R7 reversed 3rd week of September.jpg
    Tikal R7 reversed 3rd week of September.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Tikal R7 reversed 3rd week of September close up.jpg
    Tikal R7 reversed 3rd week of September close up.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 34

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
dubi, From the pictures of your male. I see tight flower clusters and short node spacing and some small calyx's on the leaves. What other precursors do you use in selections that may not be evident in pictures? ( smells, stem construction, vigor ?) Peace Ps. beautiful looking male!!!

Last edited:

Boss Cocky

Hi Boss Cocky,

You can expect similar stretching with Tikal, Tikal plants are slightly smaller in average compared with Panama. Best wishes!

Thanks for your response, dubi. My Tikals #4 & 5 (the females from my freebie 5 pack) are now in weeks 6 & 7, respectively along with Panama #5, 6, 7 and 9, which are all in week 8 apart from #7 which is almost in week 7.

I staggered the start of flowering in order to even out the height after seeing that duplicate clones of the Tikals and Panama #7 wern't stretching so much. I overdid this a bit and the smallest plant is now the tallest by far and is a bit branchy for my little SOG style grow. Oh well, you live and learn.

I'm really looking forward to harvest. Panama #5 is my keeper from my last selection and kicks the arse off the Kali Mist which was the best I've grown prior to this. Panama #9 looks set to rival it.

My next few years of growing will be ACE and CBG exclusively I think. There's a bunch of your strains I'm busting to get.

OlDirtyHuman

picture.php

Think I got a hazy pheno. It smells a lot like my Purple Haze Malawi. Going to run a clone of this one pretty soon. It was the last plant I had going in a bad soil mix so I want to give it another shot in better conditions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your response, dubi. My Tikals #4 & 5 (the females from my freebie 5 pack) are now in weeks 6 & 7, respectively along with Panama #5, 6, 7 and 9, which are all in week 8 apart from #7 which is almost in week 7.

I staggered the start of flowering in order to even out the height after seeing that duplicate clones of the Tikals and Panama #7 wern't stretching so much. I overdid this a bit and the smallest plant is now the tallest by far and is a bit branchy for my little SOG style grow. Oh well, you live and learn.

I'm really looking forward to harvest. Panama #5 is my keeper from my last selection and kicks the arse off the Kali Mist which was the best I've grown prior to this. Panama #9 looks set to rival it.

My next few years of growing will be ACE and CBG exclusively I think. There's a bunch of your strains I'm busting to get.

Thanks Boss Cocky for your feedback,

I'm glad to hear you rate Panama so highly!
Keep your keepers in clone form for future grows!

Btw, what's your opinion on your Tikals ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing yours OlDirtyHuman,

Yes, looks like you had some nutrient or ph problems with your soil or waterings. Kindly, pm me or email me in case you have doubts about the soil mix, ec and ph range for your plants.

Kind regards

View Image

Think I got a hazy pheno. It smells a lot like my Purple Haze Malawi. Going to run a clone of this one pretty soon. It was the last plant I had going in a bad soil mix so I want to give it another shot in better conditions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy to announce that the new Tikal fem reproduction has been a success and that the new feminized version of the strain will be released early next year.

It's the biggest fem Tikal reproduction we have done since it was released in fem format for the first time in 2008. To produce the newer fem version, our favourite Tikal R7 F5 parental plant was reversed (peach/incensey pheno) to pollinate 2 different females from a paralel F5 line with classic sweet strawberry, woody, sweet and sour american sativa aromas. So it basically joins both best refined Tikal phenos in a single F6 fem version.

Our 2 favourite Panama parental plants have also been pollinated, a Panama/Tikal hybrid is something we always have been looking for .... and it will be interesting to test in the upcoming months/years along with the new Tikal/Honduras hybrids that we have produced lately too.

Old Malawi Killer has also been pollinated by Tikal, to produce an upgraded Guawi fem version.

gorilla ganja

The number of really exciting genetic project's Ace is working on never ceases to amaze me.
Many thanks to dubi and crew for their dedication to breeding quality strains.

Peace GG

Latest posts

Latest posts