What's new

Tikal

OnceUpon

tikal gets a vote. growth was a little lanky. but the effect and and flavour were a win.. huge change from the familiar skunk poly hybrid sampled with it

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome OnceUpon,

I'm glad you have enjoyed your Tikal :) Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Hopefully more growers feel tempted to try more of this great sativa hybrid.

Boss Cocky

Thanks Boss Cocky for your feedback,

I'm glad to hear you rate Panama so highly!
Keep your keepers in clone form for future grows!

Btw, what's your opinion on your Tikals ?
Hi Dubi,

I didn't think much of the Tikals initially and stupidly culled them. I am now kicking myself as #5 has turned out great after more curing. The flavour on this one is still nothing to write home about but the effect is fantastic. This has become my go to herb for medical use as it is clearer and more centred than the Panama. It has a wonderful energy that is both uplifting and grounded at the same time and gives you a feeling of forward motion.

The potency is a step down from my stronger Panamas but still pretty high. The yield is good too.

I'll definitely be buying another pack when this harvest comes close to running out.

Cheers,
Boss Cocky

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Boss Cocky,

I completely agree with you about the great qualities that Tikal's effect has.
Also about your comparison between Tikal and Panama regarding strength and type of effect.

Overall Panama is stronger in potency, it's more resinous, better yielding, with stronger terpenes and has better bag appeal than Tikal.

But i also prefer the clear and Tikal uplifting effects over the Panama.
And although Panama is in average clearly stronger in potency over Tikal,
surprisingly the Tikal cannabinoid analysis are showing higher THC contents in Tikal samples and lesser in Panama, both strains containing interesting CBG amounts too.

If you are curious to explore more the Tikal line, i would recommend you to check the new Tikal fem we have just released: it has much better terpenes, consistency and overall better quality than previous Tikal standard (regular) releases. It's also in our Tikal Breeders Pack where you will find the best expressions that this great sativa hybrid has to offer.

Thanks a lot for your feedback :yes:

PD: Don't undereststimate a plant for its look until smoke her after a good curing ;)

Last edited:

Boss Cocky

Hi Boss Cocky,

I completely agree with you about the great qualities that Tikal's effect has.
Also about your comparison between Tikal and Panama regarding strength and type of effect.

Overall Panama is stronger in potency, it's more resinous, better yielding, with stronger terpenes and has better bag appeal than Tikal.

But i also prefer the clear and Tikal uplifting effects over the Panama.
And although Panama is in average clearly stronger in potency over Tikal,
surprisingly the Tikal cannabinoid analysis are showing higher THC contents in Tikal samples and lesser in Panama, both strains containing interesting CBG amounts too.

If you are curious to explore more the Tikal line, i would recommend you to check the new Tikal fem we have just released: it has much better terpenes, consistency and overall better quality than previous Tikal standard (regular) releases. It's also in our Tikal Breeders Pack where you will find the best expressions that this great sativa hybrid has to offer.

Thanks a lot for your feedback :yes:

PD: Don't undereststimate a plant for its look until smoke her after a good curing ;)
Thanks for your response, dubi. I think I've learned my lesson on premature culling.

Interesting that the Panama Godess plant tested at a moderate potency level by today's standards. I'm very curious about actual vs. subjective potency. Panama will put me into a very different head space with tiny dosages whereas The effects of Tikal, while strong, are more subtle.

Thanks for the great work that you and Comanche have done on this line.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
hey dubi, can you talk more about the haze/kush? is it ot-haze? where is it from and what else can you say about it?

thanks

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your response, dubi. I think I've learned my lesson on premature culling.

Interesting that the Panama Godess plant tested at a moderate potency level by today's standards. I'm very curious about actual vs. subjective potency. Panama will put me into a very different head space with tiny dosages whereas The effects of Tikal, while strong, are more subtle.

Thanks for the great work that you and Comanche have done on this line.

Thanks to you Boss Cocky,

I'm of the same opinion, Panama is overall a more remarkable strain regarding resin production, aesthetically (red/pink pistil) and stronger terpenes, it's also a better yielding plant in average compared with Tikal, but i still prefer Tikal's effect over Panama or over any other central american sativa of our catalog. Maybe green Panama phenos have such desirable effect like Tikal.

Komanche never uses internet, but he's always happy when i comment him about the good results that many growers are having with his strain :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi nepalnt21,

You can find the info about the NL/Haze hybrid used in the first outcross we did when we started to breed Tikal almost 15 years ago in this thread in post #61 (posted a few years ago):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2976840&postcount=61

Hope it helps. Guess some threads are getting too long :)

hey dubi, can you talk more about the haze/kush? is it ot-haze? where is it from and what else can you say about it?

thanks

OnceUpon

nl5/hz family is showing some influence in the aromas. in my opinion it might be more accurate in the descrition than kush/haze... but thats really me nitpicking. no complaints!... Tikal is going to end up being keeper (out of a nice selection of ace gear)

liking this strain more and more for the reasons you have just stated

Hi everyone. Here are some pics of my 2 Tikal girls.

They're about 8 weeks (I think, maybe more) 11/13. This first pheno is a big yielder, but doesn't have much smell. Looks fairly resinous though.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This second pheno is not such a big yielder, but the smell is incredible. Up there with the nicest smelling plants I've ever experienced. Peaches, strawberries, incense, sweet and pungent. Just as advertised. And she's very frosty.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I had some pH problems, my soil wasn't quite up to scratch, and they still performed great! Very much recommended if you're looking for special smells, definitely some fantastic individuals to be found.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Here's mine finishing up

Attachments

• IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 21

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
2 pheno out of 6 girls... 3 lanky haze types and 3 skunk branch types... the one I showed A was much better then the other 5.... the skunk ones had faint sweet smells maybe strawberries in there somewhere...not loud n not very frosty... kept a few buds to dry n smoke but they went to live resin...
Now the others... pheno B grew very similar to a keeper A but not as frosty n very hairy bud... kinda smelled of ceder wood... phenoC was very aggressive growth super frosty nice smell like A pheno but the bud structure was shit, very airy buds even for a sativa , gonna be great smoke... now A pheno does have a warm strawberry ceder woodsy incency smell ... not a huge yielder but solid nice nug structure and super frosty.... it was easy to tell she was gonna be the winner from bout 3weeks in...

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the same freebies, I think. Thanks for the intel, now if only I had the room to plant all of the seeds in the fridge!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
You should plant the seeds mang... don't want to end up like me n have somebody clean the fridge when your out of town n be devastated when you return n find your entire collection gone...

I would definitely pop more tikal the plants I had were nice n I wasn't even close to being on top of that grow... what I grew turned out real nice but I know another few weeks n better light the would of really impressed... I need to make another order from ace to replenish some of what was lost...

Latest posts

Latest posts