What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi justabluez,

I'm also surprised that your Tikal fem took so long! Most of the current and more modern Tikals flower in about 11-12 weeks, and their structures are compact and manageable, like the ones Syd is posting.

The Haze/Guatemala phenos from the F2 Tikal generation indeed have the structure of your female, but they are usually done after 14 weeks of flowering, guess you got a very tropical sativa pheno from this line, instead of the more compact and faster flowering expressions that are more common in current Tikal releases.

Anyway, i LOVE the high of the Tikal's Haze/Guatemala expressions: super clear and clean, uplifiting and positive, among the best central american sativa smokes i ever had. Wish yours are on a par with my experience. Your description of her terpenes (peach and cream) makes me think she will be a good one.

Tikal (fem) Smoke report..(couple day old...no cure)
========================================
The bud is very airy, like a string of blackberries. Taste like strawberry tart in the vape. Very clean clear alert perky smiley happy kind of buzz in the vape. This would go well with the morning coffee for a wake and bake. Not heavy at all. Very functional HI. So far so good! I think it will be much better in a few months....The smell is fruity sweet. I feel uplifted!!

Edit: Sorry, i just saw your smoke report :) Glad she already delivers a nice positive sativa smoke and desirable sweet fruity terpenes in such early moment of drying, she will improve A LOT after the whole drying and curing process. Thanks a lot for the feedback ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My baby Tikal fem 3 weeks from seed,had some problems in the first week but now she's going great.
View Image
Hope 12 weeks will be enough :)

Your Tikal looks lovely and healthy at this stage Syd :)

The compact structure of your Tikal is like most modern Tikals perform, these kind of phenos are quite easy to grow indoors and have a moderate flowering time, i bet she will be ready in approx 12 weeks of flowering ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I've got a couple current fem Tikals going right now, too. Both have been heavily trained to fit in my tent. Flipped to 12/12 on 08/01 so they're just under 8 weeks.

Tikal 1 has been slower to develop from day 1. Lots of branching and stretching. Lots of small buds popping up.

Tikal 2 is growing faster and fuller with much larger buds. She's sweeter, too, but I'm battling a cold right now and my nose isn't functioning properly so I can't really describe either one very well.

Hi Samuel Caldwell,

I think both of your Tikals have similar flower structure, # 2 is just more advanced and showing a classic sativa/indica flowering structure that is quite common since the very first original Tikal release, they look quite similar to the following pics of our original Tikal release from 2004.

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Tikal original F1 cola.jpg
    Tikal original F1 cola.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Tikal original F1 bud.jpg
    Tikal original F1 bud.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 37

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Modern Tikal from latest release finishing outdoors :biggrin:
Pics from a happy customer :yes:

Attachments

• modern Tikal finishing outdoors.jpg
    modern Tikal finishing outdoors.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 62
  • modern Tikal finishing outdoors2.jpg
    modern Tikal finishing outdoors2.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 38
  • modern Tikal cola finishing outdoors.jpg
    modern Tikal cola finishing outdoors.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 44

Tipunch

Dubi, does the latest version of your seeds, regular, express the peach and strawberry phenos A lot ? Have you ever crossed Tikal with Panama or Destroyer?
:tiphat:

I just received my order of regular Tikal and regular Golden Tiger (with a Fem Kali China freebie) We could say i'm entering in the Ace seed world ;) Thumbs up to Dubi who answer all my question before I bought my seed. Nice to see this kind of guy in the industry !

I'm really excite about my news strain but With the size of my setup, I cannot test everything at once, than I'll take my time on this project.

On the side i'm growing

SSH (From Mr Nice)
SSH x True Blueberry
SSH x White Russian
and a REALLY strong local cut of White Widow

As you can see the SSH is every where in my life and as much I love it I was looking for something else. I'm pretty much smoking SSH everyday.

So I'll start my Ace seed experiment with Tikal, looking for a kool everyday sativa

As I understand, Golden Tiger is more a Intense almost creepy rush, I'll check that later to put it side by side with my special White Widows local cut :chin:

So here are my 4 Tikal out of 5 seed !

Obviously there 2 pheno involve. .... or two gender (I alway buy regular)

Now I'm waiting to be able to make some clone

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
G

7 weeks in 11/13.Seems she will need at least 12.Gonna drop the schedule to 10.30/13.30 just for her in a couple of weeks.Very sticky,very peachy :)

k9N1K9T.jpg

LwAvKNZ.jpg

atisk3Q.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, does the latest version of your seeds, regular, express the peach and strawberry phenos A lot ? Have you ever crossed Tikal with Panama or Destroyer?
:tiphat:

Hi Tipunch,

The strawberry and peach Tikal phenos can be found in both Tikal regular and feminized versions, although the regular version is more variable because it was produced using a wider variety of parental plants, while the fem version is more consistent for the peach incensey phenos: a very selected peach incensey Tikal mother was reversed to produce the latest feminized Tikal version.

Yes, in the last 2 years we have produced several interesting central american sativa hybrids between Panama, Tikal and Honduras, like feminized Panama Goddess (lemony incensey) x Tikal (peach incensey) or regular Tikal (peach incensey) mother x Honduras males.

Guess it's going to take us years to fully explore the potential of all these latest F1 hybrids we have produced lately :)
But i'm sure we are going to find central american sativa combinations that will bring these already excellent sativas to even a higher level of quality.

Hope it helps with your doubts.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome DocPouceVert :)

Thanks for your kind words and for supporting our work!
I'm glad our staff did help you properly to choose the most suitable genetics for your growing conditions and for what you are looking for.

Wish you have a great Tikal grow! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd :)

I'm glad you got a peachy pheno! Very healthy and lovely Tikal in flowering, as usual with your plants friend :yes:

There's no need to lower down so much the flowering photoperiod ... Tikal flowers very well indoors with a standard 12/12 photoperiod, 11/13 if you want to speed up the flowering a bit.

Really happy to know that you are going to experience more Tikal soon ;)
Please, keep us updated with more updates in her second half of flowering!

Last edited:

OnceUpon

so nice to see a good tikal specimen in flower

i can confirm, new fem is much more uniform compared to the regular version i tried

G

9 1/2 weeks 11/13 ...Starting to mature at last!Branches are going very heavy and she looks like a mess without support,yield will be great!

q1T4O4U.jpg
etDSw0g.jpg
Xg5jFpM.jpg

Damnation ! It look like I have 4 male out of 4 seed (1 never show up) .... Event tho I prefer buying regular seed, wish I had at least a female pheno to try.

I think my Tikal experience is on hold for now

I'll start my Golden Tiger pack instead, with hopefuly some female in it ;)

*EDIT UPDATE*

I was sooo wrong, finally its 2 male and 2 female. Both female really tricked me with their structure and their preflower sprout. Anyway I never was mad about having male, its part of the game, but now i'm REALLY happy having something to try !

Last edited:
G

75 days in 11/13.Looks like she will need 2 weeks more.Fed her yesterday after a while but just a little...

BvbaLw8.jpg
f5ukkYT.jpg
97EKMZt.jpg
MuZQ9gf.jpg

G

Hi Ras!Thanks a lot hermano! :)The smells are fruity,something like artificial peach flavour.I checked trichomes a couple days ago and there was quite a lot of amber on the sugar leaves ,but the bud trichs looked that they could go a little longer (or not! :biggrin: )I see her still bulking up.Got a test bud drying for christmas though and it may help me deciding :tiphat:

The Hatter

Veteran
Wow, when I see pics like this it makes me wonder why there isn't more hype for this strain. I am no newbie when it comes to growing Ace strains and I am ashamed to admit I still haven't tried Tikal. It's too late now to get the strain for this grow I started today, but it has inspired me to pop that Guawi seed I have been meaning to try.

Amazing work.

G

Thanks Hatter!

The girl was harvested at 89 days of 11/13.

3FN3rYd.jpg

9Qu7X4t.jpg
LQHPnSe.jpg
9DIFtlF.jpg
zplM0Jv.jpg

I have been sampling her a bit.Big hard calyxes (as big as Panama's but harder),they look silver.Not very pronounced aroma yet.The high is crisp clear and electric ,pretty strong I might say,too.This can only get better with the cure and the two extra weeks I've left the rest of the plant might show different qualities...Definite keeper,checks all boxes if the peach aroma returns with the cure...And I don't bother if it doesn't ,like it a lot already.One of the best I've tried from Ace and I regret not getting a Guawi ,too!Like it more than the Panama(at least the one plant I've grown),which wins in aromas.