What's new

Tikal

Here is my Tikal. Pics @95 days flower and still some time to go!

ZD

Attachments

• t2 1.jpg
    t2 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 34
  • t2 2.jpg
    t2 2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Could you describe the freebies a little more? Effects, flowering times indoors, etc.

I've been very anxious to pop a few. Something about them has been calling to me...

Hi Mr. Roseberry,

The Tikal freebies distributed until this year were from a more intermediate Tikal breeding step, it was a quite open pollinated reproduction: early-mid flowering Tikal females and long flowering Tikal females were pollinated by an early flowering male and a late flowering one too.

So you can expect quite variability in these old Tikal freebies, you can find all the phenos that Tikal line has to offer (i would recommend you to check Tikal's breeders pack at our website as reference).

Tikal genetics available now come from the latest reproduction, it's a more highly worked, improved and stable generation. Tikal is no longer available as freebie this year.

Hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Greetings all. Has anyone had a Kush phenotype of Tikal? I believe I have one now. It had giant 11 bladed leaves in veg. I flowered her at 24", I was expecting a shorter version, what I got is a 7' tall beast that is 12 weeks into flower and looks to have at least another month to go. My experience with Tikal has been they all take about 16 weeks and could keep going. I usually just end up chopping them at 16 weeks. My favorite Tikal so far has been the haze pheno even though it is of medium potency. Can anyone give me an idea as far as what to expect with the kush pheno?

Hi Neiko,

The more 'kushy' Tikal phenotypes have a shorter, more moderate flowering time, and a more compact structure.

If your Tikals are huge in size and have a long flowering time then they are the guatemala/haze pheno, at least for flowering traits.
Indeed, the beautiful Tikal you have posted has clearly almost 100 % pure sativa flowering traits. What a beauty :)
You are doing an amazing job with her ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Real nice cola in your Tikal as well ZanzibarDawa :yes: :)
Looks like she produced reflowerings in late flowering, the yield will be real good! How are the aromas at this stage ?

It took me quite a while to figure out how to describe it.
The first impression is a very dominant flowery aroma, but it's far from the usual flowery! I can see how it could be related to a strawberry smell but it is mixed with the intense, overwhelming and not purely pleasant smell you experience when walking into a flower shop where they mainly have cut flowers. Only stronger with a kind of synthetic facet to it.
But it quickly gives way to an almost pure peach aroma, only hints of incense.

Well, enough of the rambling. I seem to lack the cerebral capacity to come up with a shorter decription ;).

My pheno seems to be flowering very long compared to the usual ones, even when taking into account that it was grown from seed. It still is covered in white pistils and it doesn't seem to be slowing down pushing new ones. It has some foxtails as you can see but it still has a nicely dense cola, it just doesn't stop stacking. Will go a lot longer than two of my Zamaldelicas.
Dubi, maybe you could shed some light what to expect from that pheno?

ZD

P.S. Still not happy with the description of the aromas, will ponder a bit more over it...maybe I can come up with something better.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ZanzibarDawa,

Thanks! You really described it much better than me :)
Flowers, strawberry, peach and incense .... your tikal has my favourite kind of aromas that the line has to offer, the peach incensey sativa pheno with strong and long lasting psychedelic effect is my favourite, along with the happy uplifting strawberry phenos.

Hi ZanzibarDawa,

Thanks! You really described it much better than me :)
Flowers, strawberry, peach and incense .... your tikal has my favourite kind of aromas that the line has to offer, the peach incensey sativa pheno with strong and long lasting psychedelic effect is my favourite, along with the happy uplifting strawberry phenos.

Thanks Dubi!

It seems to be flowering extremely long. Is this a common pheno in this strain? And how long would you let it go from here?
It is about 14 weeks in now, and although it seems to be slowing down it sure isn't done...

I had to attach the pic with the flash on as she is so sparkly on that shot!

ZD

Attachments

• tikal main.jpg
    tikal main.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 32
  • tikal close.jpg
    tikal close.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 30
  • tikal flash.jpg
    tikal flash.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 30

Dust Chucker

Nice Tikals Zanzibar and Neiko. This is my Tikall male 2 weeks in flower, 11/13 from seed. I'm not sure the pheno, but im going to pollinate my dark leafed Panama with him. Hopefully I can get some better pics before this storm system hits. My area has a forecast of 6-12 inches of rain this week.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Dubi!

It seems to be flowering extremely long. Is this a common pheno in this strain? And how long would you let it go from here?
It is about 14 weeks in now, and although it seems to be slowing down it sure isn't done...

I had to attach the pic with the flash on as she is so sparkly on that shot!

ZD

Hi ZanzibarDawa,

We have done 90 % of the Tikal's breeding always outdoors.
All the tikals start the flowering outdoors at 37N latitude in early August, to finish in the second half of October.

We did a selection of the longer flowering guatemala/haze phenos indoors in 2007 and certainly some phenos went up to 13 weeks of flowering, maybe a bit more, guess Tikal matures faster with the decreasing outdoor photoperiod.

Are you flowering them indoors with 12/12 photoperiod ? Are you growing from seed ? If so how many weeks of growing did you provide them ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice Tikals Zanzibar and Neiko. This is my Tikal male 2 weeks in flower, 11/13 from seed. I'm not sure the pheno, but im going to pollinate my dark leafed Panama with him. Hopefully I can get some better pics before this storm system hits. My area has a forecast of 6-12 inches of rain this week.

Welcome Dust Chucker,

Looks like the wide, compact and early flowering kushy Tikal pheno.
It should produce a very good cross with Panama, you cannot go wrong mixing such good american hybrids together.

Best wishes!

Hi ZanzibarDawa,

We have done 90 % of the Tikal's breeding always outdoors.
All the tikals start the flowering outdoors at 37N latitude in early August, to finish in the second half of October.

We did a selection of the longer flowering guatemala/haze phenos indoors in 2007 and certainly some phenos went up to 13 weeks of flowering, maybe a bit more, guess Tikal matures faster with the decreasing outdoor photoperiod.

Are you flowering them indoors with 12/12 photoperiod ? Are you growing from seed ? If so how many weeks of growing did you provide them ?

This Tikal is running parallel to the Zamaldelicas I posted.
They all had 30 days veg from seed and then went under 12/12 for about 8 weeks and then down to 11.5/12.5.

The Tikal was by far the fastest and most vigorous in the beginning.
In veg the leafs were pretty wide and indica looking but once under 12/12 she stretched nearly as much as my Thai/Zamal pheno Zamaldelica.

The Tikal made it past 15 weeks now and the white pistils are getting rarer, still pushing a few new ones here and there though.
I had a look today, most trichomes are still clear and I only found 2 amber trichomes, so I guess there is some life left inside her. Fan leafs are a bright yellow by now. I'll try to snap some pics in the next days.

I'm really excited how she'll smoke, somehow I have the feeling she might be something special:)

ZD

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my 15 week Tikal.
I can see the first hints of amber in the zoomed in pic but she is still pushing out fresh pistils.
I am not entirely sure what to do. I don't want her to amber over too much and I want to have a clean high without too much body effect. On the other hand I don't want to chop her too early and get an underdeveloped, premature high.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

ZD

Attachments

• tikal310.1.jpg
    tikal310.1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 28
  • tikal310.2.jpg
    tikal310.2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 28
  • tikal310.3.jpg
    tikal310.3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 27

ObsidianMirror

Dang, nice plant zanzibardawa!!

Here's an old pic a week in the drying process of the last tikal I had harvested at 18 weeks. It smells after a month of curing of mandarin peel, incense accompanied by an aqueous hint (legit reminds me of the smells of humidity in caves). The smell is much more complex but I thought these three traits pinned down the essential!

The smoke is very cerebral, electric for the first 20-30 mins, anti-depressive cause euphoric, makes me wanna dance each time a tune comes on hehe.
Then once these effects fade out I'm uplifted, more concentrated, creative and anxiety-less.
The taste is super smooth (was flushed 3 weeks since I predicted it to end a lil sooner at first :/) but paradoxally is aggressive and tickles my trained throat and palate (Seems like weeds have this aggressive trait once they come past some kind of potency level). Ah strains that make you go oxymoronic are the best aren't they!!

Taking a bong of hit is like an electric surge its pretty nice haha.

Overall, I prefer it to the Congo (it's really good, I just don't fancy the taste that much compared to the Tikal). Trich production and denseness goes out to the Congo by far, but the tikal is yet still more potent.
Wether it be the first pheno (10 weeks FT) of the Tikal I had or this one (18 weeks FT), they hit you harder. The first pheno hit me the hardest, like so high you was barely functional during the first 30 mins as I look back haha.

Well thank you dubi again for all this work, this run was my favorite in a while!

ObsidianMirror

Yeah and if there's one adjective that I would tie with this phenotype of the Tikal in my mind, it would be subtle. The smell is really subtle and the taste as well (if you put aside the slightly aggressive trait)!

Dust Chucker

Welcome Dust Chucker,

Looks like the wide, compact and early flowering kushy Tikal pheno.
It should produce a very good cross with Panama, you cannot go wrong mixing such good american hybrids together.

Best wishes!

Thanks for the welcome and the great genetics Dubi! I can't wait to harvest my Panama. I gave her. Light dusting with my Tikal. I'm excitdd to try the results of the cross.

Neiko

I finally took my tikal down at 16 weeks. She's dried and in jars curing. The samples have been top shelf! This is very interesting smoke. It hits hard and takes you to a very exotic place! This phenotype is pretty psychedelic, colors are brighter, music is rediscovered, every sense is on high alert but no anxiety. After 30 minutes or so you feel weightless and just so damn good! This sits a top my list of must have strains. Thank you ACE!
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php

picture.php

Sorry for the sideways pic.

Latest posts

Latest posts