What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking Vertically 101 : The Build & Grow

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Vertical grows should utilize some sort of encompassing reflector to maximize light.

If you designed it right, 2+lbs per 600 is absolutely achievable... In fact, with some training, its pretty easy.. Provided you understand your nutrient regimen and your environment is dialed..

The whole point of a vertical grow is to not have to use reflector's. The plants get all of the light straight from the bulb. Can't maximize much more than straight from the light source to the plant material....

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
The whole point of a vertical grow is to not have to use reflector's. The plants get all of the light straight from the bulb. Can't maximize much more than straight from the light source to the plant material....

He may mean encircling the plants with reflective material.
:dance013:

Peripheral

By making your actual vertical grow space your reflector you can in fact increase the amount of usable light. I do this by simply wrapping the circumference of the grow area.

The same vertical principles apply, but with the added benefit of zero light loss.

Also, putting your vertical light on a mover rig that moves the light up and down will increase yields as well.

Attachments

• user141862_pic1001166_1358537075.jpg
    user141862_pic1001166_1358537075.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23
  • user141862_pic993330_1357427174.jpg
    user141862_pic993330_1357427174.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 21
  • user141862_pic996600_1357872997.jpg
    user141862_pic996600_1357872997.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 24

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
ok kool, thanks for the tips man
wasnt sure until you posted some pics if you was trolling or not
anywho , welcome to the mag
start a thread and show us your 2# + per 600w mega grow technics, bro
i will be first in line to watch the show

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
He may mean encircling the plants with reflective material.
:dance013:

Oh, I see. Well that's a given for me. Couldn't imagine setting up a grow without the walls being reflective :laughing:. Either paint everything white or reflectix/prodex on everything. One of the first things I do when I set up a space.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
ok kool, thanks for the tips man
wasnt sure until you posted some pics if you was trolling or not
anywho , welcome to the mag
start a thread and show us your 2# + per 600w mega grow technics, bro
i will be first in line to watch the show

Me 2!
:biggrin:

Peripheral

2.5gpw might be possible for someone not named heath , but id love to see the thread, Peri

If you just wanted to keep up with or play in Heaths ballpark, just run a 4x4 flood table packed with clones of something that yields like a monster with a 1k overhead.. Or, just copy what Heath did like BST did back in the day. You would need a little engineering wherewithal and some insight to do this. The reason no one is copying Heath is because they are too lazy, lack the insight to pull it off, or simply do not care about yields. Someone running cookies is obviously growing for quality, not quantity and therefore would lack the motivation to hit some new gpw achievement in a more elaborate setup like Heath.

I remember back in the day on here when Heath had us all inspired, but when you take into account that each growers demands are different, something like yield either takes a back seat, or is simply not the determining factor for that grower, making yields extremely relative in the grand scheme.

You really gotta pay to play, but with the right work, you can easily pull it off, the only reason people dont is because they are lazy, or yields are not their top priority. Growing vertical wont make a subpar grower better. Yields are a result of the tension between the growers level of comprehension and what their target goal is, but that of course is my opinion.. :tiphat:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
all ofg em went immediately to jail, did not pass go, did not collect 200$

however, my headstash expanded considerably

the twitter ogs from bugman turned out really pungent, tasty and stronger than my c99, but the big normal bitch died on reveg and im left with the runt, ima fuck with the runt 1-2 more rounds and see if she was just a veg room fuckup, but if shes a true anamoly fuck her , ive got some bikerkush 1.0 in germ for this full moon and my gene library just keeps expanding some how so many seeds , so little time....

this thread is just gonna be my catchall thread, ima just use this as my one grow log/diary/bulshit talkin spot

ima put some pics up here shortly

ive done a massive infrastucture upgrade in my room , will update soon!

Dakine

Veteran
Well atleast tell us A little bit about the upgrade haha. Or post them pics already homie!

Dang man, i know how you feel. It looks like one of my girls that got burnt from being to close to the light, and the fan turning off, might've pollinated some plants next to her. Im not totally sure, but I hope not because I needed this run to help me get myself outta this hole im in that seems to be getting deeper and deeper lol.

Im gonna let them go another week so I can be sure before I cull them. This is one of the reasons I want to go vertical. Hopefully after 2-3 more full runs, ill have enough to be able to get 1-hps and 1-mh bulb to use in my flowering tent.

420ish

How thick should a canopy be if tying to a trellis on the wall? Flat asf? Or a couple inches
these are gg4.it is a pretty stretchy strain.something indica dom would be much bigger on flip.i prefer hybrids that stretch.much shorter veg times =less time and trouble.

here is on flip day next pic is about 16 days and last pic is around 25 days from flip.i am no expert but this one is pretty good.i have been doing vert for over 5 years i think and try to learn every crop

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
ok so im back,
i lost a couple rounds to untested genes this year so got discouraged and let shit go for a couple months

last week i cleaned up these badly burned plants and transplaneted them
i fed them an ewt after the transplant, then yesterday some 5-1-1 fish sauce and some bloombastic to try and feed them before i flip

they are looking good and bouncing back in their new environment and today they started their 18hr cycle after being under 600w of 24 hr while settling into their 10 gal pots

heres some before and afters
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
that dual spec light really throws my phones camera for a loop, but i dont care atm
heres whats coming up
some hso blue dream fems, one karma cheesy rider that survived from the 6 pack
and in the back are some of those damn hermies progeny - a durban flo x c99 and a c99 x durban flo
i dont trust these genes, but who knows maybe something decent will come of those accidents

here a pic of my homemade humidifier as well
this thing will drink around 8 galllons a day but keeps the room at a minimum 50-60%

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php