What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking Vertically 101 : The Build & Grow

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
So just repaint the smaller closet, and maybe use the smaller of the two bedroom with the alumiblankets? I will take pics and start showing my progress in my thread so im not filling this up with my learning process. thankyou btw, i am encouraged by your help and energies.

You can do whatever you want, lol. Just suggesting something I would do.

MTNMEN

I can always bounce questions off you's guys too right? You all seem pretty helpful, I do shitty work so i'll need help i'm sure1
!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I can always bounce questions off you's guys too right? You all seem pretty helpful, I do shitty work so i'll need help i'm sure1
!

Pop over to my thread whenever you want. Don't know if Boyd minds, but some guys get pissy if you "clog up the thread with questions ". My thread is a hangout spot, besides being my grow journal.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
yeah idc if you have questions either - im in a non legel state, so i dont update that much honestly, but ill help when i can
- the main thing tho is to just do it till it starts making sense

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Im still looking for my keeper to monocrop - Ive been blessed by my friend here on ic and the real world to have been given lots and lots of seeds and strains - but so far the only thing ive hung onto was a scentless mosca c99 bx1 - literally , i could room my flower room with no scrubber if i wanted

If my weed soesnt have a great scent , it wont sell , the competiton here is cheap weed from the west coast that goes for 2800 a pund and is , well , perefect

me im a grower w 2 years of work and a no keeper straind , so you do the math

anywho
I need a humidifier that can actually keep this liuttle room at 50% any suggestions dubble3?

gr866

Veteran
Im still looking for my keeper to monocrop - Ive been blessed by my friend here on ic and the real world to have been given lots and lots of seeds and strains - but so far the only thing ive hung onto was a scentless mosca c99 bx1 - literally , i could room my flower room with no scrubber if i wanted

If my weed soesnt have a great scent , it wont sell , the competiton here is cheap weed from the west coast that goes for 2800 a pund and is , well , perefect

me im a grower w 2 years of work and a no keeper straind , so you do the math

anywho
I need a humidifier that can actually keep this liuttle room at 50% any suggestions dubble3?

Boyd, I usually keep a mother until I find out the quality after cure, if good I keep, if just ok I don't. I am living in a x state also, may be moving soon, but hate leaving my home state.

Anyway, in the 6 yrs that I have been serious about growing, experiment, experiment, experiment, learning experience, learning experience which is a good thing. I kept one that I wanted as a keeper. Made a big mistake in not taking more clones from her to start other mothers as I took her to a friends house in the country to mother sit for me while I went on a trip. We put her behind an outbuilding at the back of his place, plenty of light there and he is a very reliable friend. Ahhh, what neither of us expected, he called said she did not look well, next day worse. I got home two days after his call and she was gone.
Turns out, the farmer behind him sprayed his field with Roundup, the fucking bad ass shit, and it drifted only my friend property. Got his garden also, he lost most of it.

Any I continue to search as do you.

Good luck,

GR

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Thank you MG , you always was a helpful bro .
I had seen this thread and other like it for a while now ,
and have been shopping foggers on ebay
but my lil swamper seems to be keeping me 40-50%
the last week, i may not need to go through the trouble

my thing is roi

i can get a whole house unit for installation in the central air ducting , here on cl
for 25-50$ , one of those 5 head foggers with a tranformer is around 100
as for the big duct mount unit i have no idea how much more effective it will be ,
and i do think the fogger style will absolutely crush the job with headroom for days

but the swamper is keeping me out of the red zone for now I think 40-50% is fine for flowers , ill monitor and see if i even need to go bigger

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I FOUND A LADYBOY!!!

I FOUND A LADYBOY!!!

holy shit man this fucking thing was infested with buds all over.
it was looking like a keeper, wonderful structure, tight nodes, great trich content , and i was cloning it for maybe a mom and while i was grooming the cuts i see.... BALLS
FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK
I take a closer look and it looks just days away from skeeting on my entire crop.....

i can only wait and see right now , I went and tossed all the leaves and 3 week old buds in some butter and gone just make some brownie with it .

heres my ladyboy pics

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
soooo yeah - i got some gravity in a deal recently
so after some research i decided to do some side by side with some new products i havent used before
gravity
bloombastic
and snow storm ultra
as you might recall im all organic so im a bit reserved on dumping anything out of a bottle thats not fish sauce into my microherd

i figured though, my soil could handle the very light doses involved

i have 3 identical cuts of c99 in flower
its the only thing i keep around and they will provide a control and two testers
so one will be gravity, the other bloombastic
as for the snow storm, im planning on using that on one of the non 99's for shitsngiggles

if i see anything remarkable , ill prolly spray it on the control in a section to see what happens

so yeah not exactly a proper experiment, but ive worked the 99s for 18 months now and know this girl pretty well
ill be back soon with some opinions and anecdotal results

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
awwwwwrite , time for a lil update
got the ultra snow and bb in so what im doing is
1 c99 gets nothing but water and acts
2 gets the same but with bloombastic
and the last one the same as 1 except for gravity

and since im using ultra snow as a foliar, i can actually try it on parts of the plant initially
and even tho its probably a systemic feeding anyways , maybe it does work locally , so this will be a good time to POST UP SOME PICS OF THE BEFORE amirite?
picture.php

Control c99
picture.php

bugmans gg2g 1
picture.php

bugs gg2g 1
picture.php

Bugs GG2G Runtzilla
picture.php

and c99 gravity

sorry bout the second c99 (bloobastic b4)
ill get a pic up soon as i can

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
well shit
that lil hermie done and skeeted on my whole room!
Im just gone chop today and get these next ones in there for some veg time
guess ill be smokin this crop
what a shame , i really needed this run too
im pretty much fed up with gifted genes now
i need something i can sell so ima be lookin for a good vendor of og kush
many of my friends in the business wont sell anything but og kush so , fuck it
ima give em what they want

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
btw - the gravity and c99s liked each other very much
the bloombastic , the jury is still out
the ultra snow, the c99s did not like it on their
leaves at all but the bugs gg4g really liked it

so we will have to resume this experiment when i find something worth monocropping

the gravity DID swell and harden my c99's

Peripheral

Vertical grows should utilize some sort of encompassing reflector to maximize light.

If you designed it right, 2+lbs per 600 is absolutely achievable... In fact, with some training, its pretty easy.. Provided you understand your nutrient regimen and your environment is dialed..