What's new

Things our Kids Are Never Going to Know...

ion

Not being afraid of the police......:angrymod:

Peace

I'm with you on that......t'aint gonna be Andy Griffith show much longer, ya gotta love the full stormtrooper get-up, municipally-owned drones........ my po-dunk sherriff down the street has a K.I.T.T./Road Warrior car with an HK mp5 attached to the ceiling of the car...?

i have a young'n myself, she'll know what college WAS but wont go. probably by the time she's that age, there wont be much higher education available en masse to the un-elite....

our children will/do know hardships/challenges that we older/ wiser ones can't really grog.....always keep that in mind.

but i also think that our children will live simpler and more aligned with natural life....more aware of the landbase around them. THAT is what I want and want for my family, but it'll be ......shall we say 'challenging'?

Smoking Gun

Cassette tapes
VHS player
skipping school to wait in line for tickets (real tickets, not the kind you print off your home printer) to the best concert of the year
and I know it was said, but, Saturday morning cartoons.

LubdaNugs

Veteran
Having mom toss you out a 7am on a summer morning and not wanting to see you until lunch or maybe dinner.

B

bench warmer

Things our Kids Are Never Going to Know...

Being on the receiving end of "common" courtesies.

Smoking Gun

Grabbing a quarter or two and still being able to buy something from the ice cream truck
A Gameboy with no color that was the size and weight of a brick.

Bunz

I'm surprised nobody wrote this one yet, but how to read a map. Today all you need is the address and GPS will take you turn by turn to your destination.

8 tracks............remember how half a song was on track one and faded out and continued on track two? I got so used to it when I bought Black Sabbath's Master of Reality on CD, it caught me off guard when the entire song played thru.

The days when "safe sex" consisted of a locked door and a padded headboard and penicillin 'ment you never had to say you were sorry.

Waiting until 8PM at night until "ON TV" came on, turn on channel 3 and switch on your "ON TV" box. Whatever they were showing was what you got...........no choice of channels.

Bunz :D

Grass Lands

Veteran
Not being afraid of the police......:angrymod:

Peace

I'm in my late 40's and I never really trusted the cops. I learned that lesson the hard way...was always told to go to the police for safety, well at 17 I was jumped by 4 dudes because I used to go out with one of the guys gf...finally got away and headed to the popo station, just to be given the 3rd fucking degree, they accused me of dealing drugs with them and that was what the ass whooping was for, they just would not let up and listen to what I had to say.

That was the point I realized what my parents and school had taught me about law enforcement was nothing more then a sham...

Oh and btw this happened in 1981.

Not saying to be afraid of the police, just saying to know their motives and know what they are capable of...

med_breeder

The kids might not know about saturday morning cartoons, because the day has changed.

Sunday primetime on Fox is basically all cartoons.

And they have a whole network devoted to cartoons.

supermanlives

Veteran
having to tune in the tv antenna and only a few channels. sfae sex requiring only a shot to cure your ass if ya didnt wrap it.

mrcreosote

Veteran
The sublime sound of 8 balloons tied to your fender struts and rubbing on the spokes of a single speed bike going like hell down a hill.

Latest posts

Latest posts