What's new

Things our Kids Are Never Going to Know...

supermanlives

Veteran
my kid will know all about points ,condensers and carbs . as he will inherit my ride someday. he will also learn about real horsepower. and no stick shift push button LOL

Last edited:

Duplicate

Getting out of your car to open your garage door (around here anyways)

Beepers

Life without the internet

Life before The War On Terror :(

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
How about waiting for your car to heat up so the 8 track didnt play in slow-mo?

Or leaving your .22 rifle on the school bus in the morning and having it there for the walk home through the woods at the end of the day.

Being told to come home when the street lights came on.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
LOL about the microwave, SeaMaiden.

Here's one.A while back I had to show a 20 something year old how to use manual can opener .
As I was instructing this poor soul and watching her struggle to open a frickin' can of condensed milk I thought to myself, "Honey, when the SHTF you are going to be someone's lunch".

Good thread, lots of stuff here makes me go, "Yeah! and remember _______?"

Big big BIG one for me--how to heat up food if you don't have a microwave. My kids, in their 20s, have no conception of it. I remember once when we'd lost power and they freaked. How are we gonna reheat this food!? Um, in a pan, on the stove. They were completely flummoxed that you can do that.

SacredBreh

TrichRider hit on it......

TrichRider hit on it......

Freedom--if they keep passing the laws they are
right now! My great grandfather said, "you have never experienced real freedom", and I think he is right.:chin: Sorry, that is my biggest fear.

When cleaning out the basement a few years ago, my kids both teenagers brought me a record player and asked me what it was, they were kind of marveled when I set it up and put some records on it. :laughing:

Peace

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Things are kids will never know

- Belts and how to use them properly.
- Hygene
-Bic razors
- Real rock n roll
- History - these college Professors write their own, pending on their outlook.
- Handwriting
-Grammar
- Scissors for da bangs.
-coffee other than starbucks
- The real energy drink - the ocean and surfing
-pants that actually fit them, not their sisters.
- What it took to actually make a phone call on the road in 92.
-Manners.
-The Mayans im pretty sure are right on. lol

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

How to do math by hand, how to problem solve.

How to survive without an electronic device of some sort.

How to make change.

How to use a phone book, dictionary, thesaurus and encyclopedia.

Just a few things that come to mind

minds_I

budbasket

the little plastic white pieces in pizza boxes to keep em from collapsing as well as the black outer rim on pepsi 2 liter bottles. Listening to dial tones while logging onto the internet. Having to use punch cards for any 'computer' work.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

they'll never know how to take responsibility for their own actions, everyone's got some sort of built in excuse from upbringing to DNA as to why they're not at fault for what they've done.

ya fuck up? own it! get on with life, it's just that easy.

paper_clip

They won't know that once upon a time you could go to the gas station and not have to pump your own gas.

They won't know that in school they used to pass notes in class, now they just text what it is they need to say.

They won't know what a floppy disk is or what it does unless they learn about old computer technology.

They won't know what I mean when I say Snap into a Slim Jim!

med_breeder

"Snap into a Slim Jim!"

I'll do my part to keep the memory of The Macho Man alive.

RIP

You're together again with Miss Elizabeth.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

they'll NEVER know the anticipation of waiting in line for the record shop to open up the day the new Beatles or Rolling Stones LP is going on sale and hoping they don't sell out.

instead they've been taught to steal their music (& movies) online, parents too cheap to budget what they've learned their children can steal, kids too addicted to that immediate gratification.......

Latest posts

Latest posts