What's new

Things Falling Apart: BAD SIGNS

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Kimberly Klacik US Congress Political Ad

thats one attractive lady, damn! :)

Baltimore, my old home town, when I talk to friends still there they repeat an almost universal phrase, "Baltimore isn't Baltimore anymore".

Shows you what happens after 60 yrs. of 'white flight' to the suburbs due to violence/fear of violence (other factors too), starting in the late 1950's.

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater, when white residents moved out, taking their tax dollar base with them, remaining neighborhoods crumbled (instant slums) with no tax money to fix them.

Baltimore continues to only get worse.

.......... fast-forward, same thing's happening in NYC right now, 5th Ave. destroyed, covid, homeless/drug addicts/mental being moved in to formerly nice 'hoods.

Portland, Seattle, Chicago, etc. all can kiss those white tax dollars bye bye!

..... but hey, sometimes you need a revolution to shake things up and equalize the misery, right?:tongue:

Bad signs all around.

But on a more positive note, there is no shortage of fine looking babes in Balto., at least until their 'use by' date expires.:bigeye:

White Beard

Biden just had to think she wanted him. News media doesn't believe accusers when the attacker is a dem.

Don’t single out Biden: that basic line of assumption has been driving boys of ALL ages for at least the last 60 years. “I’ll just assume she wants it until/unless she *convinces* me she doesn’t...then I’ll get pissy, be rude, call her names...and try it with someone else”.

Guarantee your pussygrabber is on that very wavelength

dramamine

Don’t single out Biden: that basic line of assumption has been driving boys of ALL ages for at least the last 60 years. “I’ll just assume she wants it until/unless she *convinces* me she doesn’t...then I’ll get pissy, be rude, call her names...and try it with someone else”.

Guarantee your pussygrabber is on that very wavelength

Yes, Biden is grandfathered in, huh? Gotcha.

White Beard

Baltimore, my old home town, when I talk to friends still there they repeat an almost universal phrase, "Baltimore isn't Baltimore anymore".

Shows you what happens after 60 yrs. of 'white flight' to the suburbs due to violence/fear of violence (other factors too), starting in the late 1950's.

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater, when white residents moved out, taking their tax dollar base with them, remaining neighborhoods crumbled (instant slums) with no tax money to fix them.

Replace “Baltimore” with the name of most any big city. My family was first-generation white-flight: they weren’t fleeing ‘violence’ or the fear thereof - they were concerned about PROPERTY VALUE - and associating with blacks on anything remotely like ‘neighborly’ terms. I remember my grandmother talking about the coloreds being pushed *into* white neighborhoods; said, ‘they don’t *want* to live with us, they want to live with their *own* kind, like Gawd intended’. I adored my grandmother, but it was pretty clear *SHE* didn’t want to live anywhere NEAR them. Not surprising: she was born at the end of “reconstruction”, steeped in the “nice people” version of segregation.

After many years of actual research (as opposed to YT “research”) and experience, I find that most fears of “the hood” and “ghetto violence” are fears of *retribution*, and *still* motivate support for our suppressive systems: to keep “the blacks” from doing to them what they absolutely KNOW *they* would do and have done if it had been *them* who had been freed from slavery.

They don’t talk about it so plainly as that, but I haven’t just come from them, I’ve *studied* them, and history (US history and not just Confederate “history”); better than any secret decoder ring....

X

xavier7995

Replace “Baltimore” with the name of most any big city. My family was first-generation white-flight: they weren’t fleeing ‘violence’ or the fear thereof - they were concerned about PROPERTY VALUE - and associating with blacks on anything remotely like ‘neighborly’ terms. I remember my grandmother talking about the coloreds being pushed *into* white neighborhoods; said, ‘they don’t *want* to live with us, they want to live with their *own* kind, like Gawd intended’. I adored my grandmother, but it was pretty clear *SHE* didn’t want to live anywhere NEAR them. Not surprising: she was born at the end of “reconstruction”, steeped in the “nice people” version of segregation.

After many years of actual research (as opposed to YT “research”) and experience, I find that most fears of “the hood” and “ghetto violence” are fears of *retribution*, and *still* motivate support for our suppressive systems: to keep “the blacks” from doing to them what they absolutely KNOW *they* would do and have done if it had been *them* who had been freed from slavery.

They don’t talk about it so plainly as that, but I haven’t just come from them, I’ve *studied* them, and history (US history and not just Confederate “history”); better than any secret decoder ring....

I really appreciate this post man, I wish more people would take an introspective view based on learned knowledge of where they currently find themselves.

X

xavier7995

And poor Senator Franken...what a set up.
Dems shoot their own.
Joe Biden is not a sexual predator

Could not agree more. Franken was the guy we need and he did get shafted by the moment. I sincerely hope he returns to politcs. Not a popular opinion, but the #metoo movement got hijacked for personal gain pretty early on imho.

Edit: imagine a Franken/jon Stewart ticket. My lord.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
where do you get "marxist" from what he said?

you see the question mark and the green smiley?

you never know, why shouldn't there be a marxist profesor in our ranks? they probably enjoy a splif just like most folks. if i was a marxist profesor with tenure i'd be a grower too. :D

St. Phatty

Hopefully you can get the animal the treatment it deserves. I understand your sentiment

the best I can do openly is to, not nag the friend.

I waited 2 days after yelling at him for practically torturing the animal, to offering him the pre-mixed cat food, with Penicillin.

Or I can just do it COVERTLY, go over their when he's not home, and give the cat some Penicillin.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you see the question mark and the green smiley?

you never know, why shouldn't there be a marxist profesor in our ranks? they probably enjoy a splif just like most folks. if i was a marxist profesor with tenure i'd be a grower too. :D

yeah, i saw it. why a swipe though, even if in jest? swinging the paint brush...

Sunshineinabag

.......... fast-forward, same thing's happening in NYC right now, 5th Ave. destroyed, covid, homeless/drug addicts/mental being moved in to formerly nice 'hoods.

Portland, Seattle, Chicago, etc. all can kiss those white tax dollars bye bye!

..... but hey, sometimes you need a revolution to shake things up and equalize the misery, right?:tongue:

Bad signs all around.

But on a more positive note, there is no shortage of fine looking babes in Balto., at least until their 'use by' date expires.:bigeye:

You opened my eyes Baltimore .....Philly.NYC Whites leave and look at the areas now. I wanna ignore this then I see a TV program like real housewives of etc and see black women going out of their way to look white/ jlo Latino why?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Telework has really gotten a foothold due to WuFlu. Expect to see more flight from cities by people who can. I understand SF is experiencing an exodus, into places like Tahoe if your job is behind a phone and computer screen, it can be done remotely very easily, and cheaper/safer. BLM can have the cities.

An example I just saw on another board, from a guy in TX:

My office won't reopen before 1/11/21.

Th word just came out from upon high. "...the decision was made based upon the fact that we have been effectively working from home and do not have business functions that require a physical office."

Looks like a comfortable, effective home office is moving up the priority list...

Last edited:

St. Phatty

You opened my eyes Baltimore .....Philly.NYC Whites leave and look at the areas now. I wanna ignore this then I see a TV program like real housewives of etc and see black women going out of their way to look white/ jlo Latino why?

Baltimore - watch The Wire, learn about Baltimore ?

Im'One

Telework has really gotten a foothold due to WuFlu. Expect to see more flight from cities by people who can. I understand SF is experiencing an exodus, into places like Tahoe if your job is behind a phone and computer screen, it can be done remotely very easily, and cheaper/safer. BLM can have the cities.

An example I just saw on another board, from a guy in TX:

My office won't reopen before 1/11/21.

Th word just came out from upon high. "...the decision was made based upon the fact that we have been effectively working from home and do not have business functions that require a physical office."

Looks like a comfortable, effective home office is moving up the priority list...

Anybody want twenty acres in southern Missouri Ozarks?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
good rant about the postoffice and the history of attacking it.

They're Lying About The Postal Service! (Web Exclusive)

[YOUTUBEIF]JVDWbQtbN7U[/YOUTUBEIF]

St. Phatty

that sadly tragic moment when 2 wildfires become 1.

attachment.php

those 2 groups of red dots on the right hand side of the pic.

looks like it's about to become one big group of red dots.

BUT - it's not things falling apart.

it's just 100's of wildfires that resulted from a lightning storm.

Attachments

• 2-fires-become-1.jpg
    2-fires-become-1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 11

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:yes: It qualifies St. Phatty, we'll add it to the list, problems caused by climate change are a big deal now and for the foreseeable future, I'm surprised the locusts haven't arrived yet.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
^^^

the locusts arrived years ago...They meet in all those big, stone Federal buildings in Washington DC...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Baltimore - watch The Wire, learn about Baltimore ?

Definitely! If you want to learn even more about ghetto life/problems, watch the earlier precursor series Homicide, Life in the City or read the book The Corner, all 3 written by David Simon.

It's funny but if you've seen Homicide you've definitely seen my old house/neighborhood and maybe even me off in the distance.

It was an interesting, geographically isolated lilly white blue color ghetto located directly below the black ghetto filmed in The Wire.

For 5 yrs. a rode public transit 3 hrs. a day back and forth through the world class open air drug markets of the city.

Saw a lot, most of it very sad, learned a lot too.

In fact, I've always lived in or on the edge of Baltimore's ghettos which is why I can talk about it, personal experience/observation is the best teacher.

I even have a scar/stitches on my face to prove it! :tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
The world on fire (1/2) | DW Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUo2Vs6id7w

[YOUTUBEIF]cUo2Vs6id7w[/YOUTUBEIF]

The world on fire (2/2) | DW Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VPWq8LVDtk

[YOUTUBEIF]5VPWq8LVDtk[/YOUTUBEIF]

was watching this earlier, quite interesting. it seems the first peoples had their own way of dealing with the problem of fire. they used it like a tool, to maintain the land, there by stopping the wild fires from burnning so hot and uncontroled. apparently Canadians are starting to take advise from their first peoples tribes to use controled burns. very interesting and sounds more plausible then:

"i told them to clean the forests,,,, there are decades worth of leaves and branches on the floor....i told them they have to clean up their forests.....i been telling them for 3 years......you have to clean up all the leaves....."

roflmao....pure stand up, if only it wern't real!

Latest posts

Latest posts