What's new

The Trump Countdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I gotta say, I am down with peaceful protests and civil disobedience but the the looting and destruction of property....

I think that the violence just gives the right justification, wraps all protesters in a single blanket and demonizes the whole.

The violence and destruction serves the very forces they are protesting to change.

It is my hope that the protesters will marshal the violence as it is happening.

minds_I

X

xavier7995

Thats a reasonable view, but as a counterpoint, what good is it to protest something in the accepted way? Rejecting whatever you view as oppression, within the context of that oppression, doesn't get you anywhere. Cops kill some black dude for no good reason, they quietly sit by while people peacefully complain, then kill another a few weeks later. That is literally what has been going on since 1992 when people bucked and burned down la. You are now looking at 25 years later with no change. People lost their shit over a guy taking a knee. People riot and burn shit down as a last resort, no one was willing to listen when they made reasonable requests.

St. Phatty

PMA ! Positive Mental Attitude.

Trump's disappearance from the plane of our existence will not be a step backward.

it will be sort of a step forward. So maybe it's a Count-Up instead of a Count-Down.

Also, CountDown implies we know when he'll Bite it, and we don't.

Not unless we can figure out a way to put him on Death Row with all appeals waived, and a known Launch Date for his Spaceship.

But that would be the TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) talking :ying:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a more fitting punishment would be for the whole world to put trump on ignore...let him fester in his failures...

X

xavier7995

Not going to happen, he has a solid 20-30% of the electorate for which he can do no wrong. Something like 50-80% of the republican party are fans. Not enough to win, but enough to stroke that ego.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Perhaps this is trump's attempt at cancel culture, ay? I think it is a good thing that Obama has yet to provide his portrait....it deprives Mango the Malignant the opportunity to dis Obama.

Did anyone catch the Biden statement on foriegn election interference? Sounded like a president to me, ay?

Hey, remember Helsinki:

"My people came to me. Dan Coats came to me, and some others," Trump said. "They said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia. I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be."

Yeah, good times, ay?

Hempy, just would not be the same dude....

minds_I

Hempy McNoodle

Do you think this is presidential? Seems small and petty to me. Let's say it turns out that q isn't right, do you think you may view things the same as i do?

:peacock:

I think it's symbolic.

Q is already proven to be right. As a matter of fact, Q mostly asks questions and provides public record as answers.

The only question is whether or not we win. And, I think we will.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it's symbolic.

Q is already proven to be right. As a matter of fact, Q mostly asks questions and provides public record as answers.

The only question is whether or not we win. And, I think we will.
I think it will come down to mail in ballots and the courts.

There is zero chance he gets the popular vote.

None.

Here's a terrifying scenario

“This is how it happens, Biden wins,” he began. “I don’t just mean the popular vote, he wins the key swing states, he wins the electoral college. President Trump says there’s been Chinese interference in the election. He’s been talking about Biden’s soft on China — China wanted Biden to win so he says a national emergency; the Chinese have intervened in the election.”

“Why do I think that’s real?” he continued. “Just ten days ago he tweeted, he actually tweeted, ‘rigged 2020 election,’ millions of mail-in ballots will be printed by foreign countries it will be the scandal of our times. so he’s laying the groundwork for this. So he does an investigation and [Attorney General Bill] Barr backs this up with all kinds of legal opinions about emergency powers that the president has.”

“Then what happens is it’s all geared towards December 14th. Why December 14th? Well, that’s the deadline when the electors of the states have to be chosen,” he elaborated. “Why is that key? Because that’s what the Supreme Court used in Bush v. Gore to cut off the Florida counting. They keep this national emergency investigation going through December 14th. Biden, of course, challenges this in the courts and says, ‘hey, we won these states, I want the electors that favored me named. The Supreme Court doesn’t throw the election to the Republicans as it did in 2000, instead it says, ‘look, there’s a deadline here.’ If they can’t be certified in these states because of this investigation going on, there’s a constitutional process for this.”

“What’s the constitutional process? It goes to the House of Representatives,” Roger continued. “Everybody says, ‘that’s good. Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats control the House. No. when a presidential election is thrown into the House of Representatives under the Constitution, it’s state-by-state vote. Each state gets one vote based on the number of Republicans and Democrats in that delegation. Today Republicans control the House on that kind of vote it 26-23 with on delegation, Pennsylvania split. Even if Pennsylvania was to elect a Democratic delegation, come this new election because it’s the new Congress that votes here, it would be 26 to 24 Republicans and Trump retains the presidency.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/cn...y-in-office-no-matter-what-the-voters-decide/

It really boils down to if absentee voting comes into play. If the in person voting shows an overwhelming win for Biden, there's not much he can do. If it's close and the mail in votes are going to swing the election, that's when he can play this hand.

And for a wildcard, if someone comes up with a cure for COVID-19 or a good pharmacological response, Trump is done. His handling of the pandemic is the first thing the voters are concerned about. Second is unemployment, and last is his handling of the Floyd protests.

med4u

Veteran
I think it will come down to mail in ballots and the courts.

There is zero chance he gets the popular vote.

None.

Here's a terrifying scenario

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/cn...y-in-office-no-matter-what-the-voters-decide/

It really boils down to if absentee voting comes into play. If the in person voting shows an overwhelming win for Biden, there's not much he can do. If it's close and the mail in votes are going to swing the election, that's when he can play this hand.

And for a wildcard, if someone comes up with a cure for COVID-19 or a good pharmacological response, Trump is done. His handling of the pandemic is the first thing the voters are concerned about. Second is unemployment, and last is his handling of the Floyd protests.

Why would Trump be done if a vaccination for covid
Is found?...he is responsible for fast tracking this prerogative and it looks like this will happen at a extremely accelerated time frame....how is that a bad thing?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
picture.php

EsterEssence

Veteran
Is it a countdown to the end of 45, or to 4 more years of incompetence. I heard him say he is already to question the outcome if he loses cause he’s not a loser...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts