What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Search for Trip Weed

megawatts

Hi ThaiBliss,

Just found this amazing thread ! As i was reading this it was like you were reading my mind ! I to share your want to find something amazing like whats described on here. Its great to hear everyones experiences with some of the best sativas. All we have around here is kush crosses with that typical indica feel. So bored with these strains i really want to find that trip weed !!

I wish you good luck in your search hope you find the one !

MW

DrPimpNugs

Well this looks like the right thread for me to tell my stories:

I have travelled the country smoking alot of fine sinsemilla's and have come across two batches of nugs, over 10 years of smoking, of bud that came from the midwest United States where cannabis was illegal and hard to find, most people did not risk growing it, those who did, knew their shit.

The first was a type of nug that was incredibly resinous, and very very greasey. It would stick to a plate, but it was also almost oily with sweet resin. The bud's smelled amazing, and appeared unadultered in anyway. This was clearly high quality cannabis, of a level I had never even seen before. Small round bulbous well trimmed home grown nuggets, dark, very dark, but somewhat dense, and not an extremely leafy sativa, definitely a hybrid. Well EVERYONE who smoked this bud, would go on a legitimate ten minute zooming giggle ride. I mean it wasn't like normal bud, this was hallucinogeonic, but almost like the come up of a shroom trip. Open eye visuals, giggles, and incredible euphoria uncharacteristic of alot of sativas. We never saw it again, I have no idea where it came from, and I will never forget it, nor will anyone else who tried it. I've had "better pot" that made me more happy, heavier facepunch, lung expansion, etc. but never anything with open eye visuals that was similar to a 15 minute roller coaster ride. I almost suspected DMt but DMT has an incredibly foul odor. So I don't think the pot was laced, it was just very very high quality.

The second "trip weed" I got was some evil shit, a hardcore THCV landrace strain that I have no idea where it came from, what it was. A friend gave me some, it was gold with kief. It looked like "the white" except instead of white, it was gold. Looking back on it, it looks similar to some of the landraces I have seen on strain hunters. But this shit was not cool in the slightest. It had an INCREDIBLY thick pungent super strong cannabis odor that was unique, skunky, but thick acrid and stinging the sinuses like og kush, but the smell was unfamiliar to any strain or type of weed I've ever seen.

When you vaped some out of the volcano you'd spend the next 2 hours staring out the peep hole, no matter how many times you smoked it in a row. It was so unpleasant and overwhelming... I threw it out. It was a lemon lime sativa, with a golden kief caking. When you find it, you'll know. It's one of the most psychadellic and paranoia inducing sativas I have ever come across... also more dense then what you would expect from something so evil!

hope that helps!

-DPN

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi DrPimpNugs,

Loved your story. I had a very similar experience with a 10 minute trip weed. It was an Indica that was early enough to ripen outdoors in our area. Very shortly after smoking, it felt like I was floating about in a bubble of laughing gas. It was divine, but shockingly short lived. If it would have lasted hours, it'd be one of the best weeds ever. I got some seeds from it, but it had been outbred to something else, and lost it's magic. I had some fun times while I had a few buds.

Thanks for your post,

ThaiBliss

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
When you vaped some out of the volcano you'd spend the next 2 hours staring out the peep hole, no matter how many times you smoked it in a row. It was so unpleasant and overwhelming... I threw it out. It was a lemon lime sativa, with a golden kief caking. When you find it, you'll know. It's one of the most psychadellic and paranoia inducing sativas I have ever come across... also more dense then what you would expect from something so evil!
You threw it out?

If weed is too overwhelming, you can

- blend it with other weed
- smoke less of it
- let it cure, which will inevitably make it more mellow

A lot of the times you have this heart racing type of weed, it is just too unripe, and will benefit from a cure.

I had the same experience with an indica - Aurora Indica, which has a powerful stone, but has this Thai way in the background that makes your mind race, so you get a couchlock/mindwarp effect.

It was better when it had cured for a few months or more.

DrPimpNugs

You threw it out?

If weed is too overwhelming, you can

- blend it with other weed
- smoke less of it
- let it cure, which will inevitably make it more mellow

LOL yes I have never thrown out weed, and most consider it an abomination but this weed had such a negative effect for me and was so strongly unpleasant there was no point to smoke it further. It was also the only cannabis I had at the time so blending wasn't an option. I had a tolerance, and even then one TINY tiny bowl out of the volcano, and 2 hours peephole, every time. Like clockwork, friends reported it as well.

I don't think it was prematurely harvested because it wasn't as "clean" of an effect as usually is the case with premy. premy bud usually gives u a super clear "fisheye" lens. This bud had some indica in it, but hte land race genetics were so strong it overpowered everything and gave me the worst paranoia. Sometimes it's just in the genetics. MOst weed is pleasant but you have a gene pool of very unpleasan or uneuphoric weed, it's just so rare most people haven't come across it. Could have been a mutation.

-DPN

onefinity

Great thread-

Tanzanian Magic - the Tanzanian Magic sounds pretty amazing.

Bushweed- I'd love to see what you could do with the Sumatran if you got your hands on it!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I have some pictures of trip weed hopefuls.

This is the Zamaldelica x Malawi Gold (Mostly Malawi):

picture.php

The Nanan-Bouclou:

picture.php

The leaves really went through quite a change. Starting from this:
picture.php

To now looking like this:
picture.php

It is going to be a while before these buds even get close. Speaking of taking a long time to ripen, My next plants have sprouted up. I have two seedlings of an old school Jamaican Ganja. They have very skinny leaves right from the start. I'll post pictures after a few weeks.

Who's smoking trip weed?

ThaiBliss

bushweed

Veteran
Hi ThaiBliss, What's the stretch like on the NB versus the Zamalawi? The NB leaves and flowers suggest the presence of Indica, but with two relatively unknown landrace types, that may not be the case. Actually looks like the NB flowers are powering. Do you still have your SAGE, SAGExPHZ/Thai, Zamaldelica and PHZ/Thai cuttings? I know the SAGExPHZ/Thai is your preferred smoke, but has your Zamaldelica bag improved any?

I'm smoking some trip weed. Well maybe not 6-8 hours, but 4 hours of bliss. Is my wispy early Mango Hz mother that sounds a lot like your freaky Neville's Haze, crossed to a Mullumbimby Madness and is not social weed by any means....I smoke this at a party I can't talk to people, I go home without telling anyone...

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Bushweed,

Thanks for posting those inspiring pictures here. I literally lean my head into the palm of my hand and stare, thinking "oh wow"! I seriously consider moving to Costa Rica or Oaxaca Mexico now and then so I can grow sub tropical strains. You're living the dream, and doing it very well.
:tiphat:

Hi ThaiBliss, What's the stretch like on the NB versus the Zamalawi?

There is much more intermodal length on the Nanan-Bouclou. But it happened all at once and stopped stretching. The Zamalawi :))) keeps stretching/growing, is going to have much longer/thinner buds, and is much more filled in when I look at it from a length-wise perspective. So far it has much more wispy and thin buds, but lots of bud sites along the length.

The NB leaves and flowers suggest the presence of Indica, but with two relatively unknown landrace types, that may not be the case. Actually looks like the NB flowers are powering.

It would not shock me if the NB got done quite quickly. I have also seen some strains linger a long time in a mostly done but not quite ripe stage. I'll find out soon enough.

Do you still have your SAGE, SAGExPHZ/Thai, Zamaldelica and PHZ/Thai cuttings? I know the SAGExPHZ/Thai is your preferred smoke, but has your Zamaldelica bag improved any?

Truth is, I have not smoked the Zamaldelica again, and I already got rid of the cut. I explored more thoroughly two of the Golden Tigers that are one of the parents of the Zamaldelica. I only noticed subtle difference after a 6 month cure, and it was for the worse. I believe I let it get too ripe for my tastes in the first place. I am extremely sensitive to couch-lock or muscle/energy weakening effects. I still have plenty of seeds from the Zamaldelica, and I will definitely look through these some more in the future if I don't find something that rings my bell. The Zamal side contributed some foundation rattling effects that if a cleaner more energetic individual is found, would be something special.

I'd like to narrow down the other three cuts, SAGE; Purple Haze Thai; and the cross between these two. I've held the clippers in my hand, but just can't seem to execute my intentions. These are good. I have not held in my possession any better in almost 10 years, and I have only smoked two that were better in all that time.

The SAGE cut is not especially powerful, and the high is fairly plain/vanilla for the most part. But, just as it starts to fade, it cleans up and reveals a trippy euphoric feeling that makes me know that top shelf genetics were contributed by one of the parents of this strain. The child from the cross of SAGE and Purple Haze Thai is stronger, a better high for the most part, and is actually quicker, but lacks that brief period of trippy/euphoric/energetic purity that the SAGE reveals which is the very definition of my search for trip weed .

Part of my problem is that 10 years ago I grew the best weed I ever smoked in 45 years. I think it may have reset my standards too high. I gave some of these SAGE x Purple Haze Thai seeds to a friend who has a longer season than I have, and promised to grow it outside. I trust this friend's opinion, so this will be my reality check to see I I'm being too much of a snob, and I should just develop this line more fully.
:biggrin:

I'm smoking some trip weed. Well maybe not 6-8 hours, but 4 hours of bliss. Is my wispy early Mango Hz mother that sounds a lot like your freaky Neville's Haze, crossed to a Mullumbimby Madness and is not social weed by any means....I smoke this at a party I can't talk to people, I go home without telling anyone...
:biggrin:

I know that feeling. I had a great strain long ago. I took some to a party, shared some smoke, then went outside into the woods by myself for an hour before I could go back and face the scene. Sometimes I need to be alone with my thoughts as they rush by.

Thanks again for posting,

ThaiBliss

idiit

Veteran
thai bliss's nb is png dominate if i recall correctly from his posts. here is what i believe a 50/50 nanan bouclou looks like:

picture.php

picture.php

^^ the nb looks suprisingly indica influenced. she has at least three weeks to go. the seeds (little future nb's) will be ready in 'bout 2 weeks and i'll pop her then to make room for more projects. the main stem got broken during my clumsy attempt to lst her.

(control + "+") pumps up the picture for more detail.

i have a zamal leaning pheno out of zamaldelica that is an extreme sativa mated with soa malawi gold pollen. i saved this one to finish for preliminary smoke test. she is about 50/50 z/mg from the other phenos (z/mg) i culled to make room for other projects. the mg has added bud structure and i hope adds his strong psychoactivity and potency as well. we'll see how frosty she gets. :)

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

bushweed

Veteran
Hi TB, thanks for the answers amigo. Hi idiit, I'm impressed with the resinous look of the NBs. I have seen a similar, somewhat indica looking structure in the early stages of flowering with Fet's 303 grows, which is also around 50% PNG, and they ended up looking mostly sativa. Having spoken to the proprietor at Southern Star Seeds, I found out that his source for the PNG is in far northern Australia just across the straits from PNG, and is the wettest area in the country receiving up to 5 meters of rain per year. In which case the likely presence of indica should be very low due to inevitable mold issues. For some reason the leaf structure on the flowering NBs also reminds me of Tom Hill's Original Haze, which is likewise a pure sativa selection with ostensibly indica leaf traits.

Kangativa 303
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

The Haitian sativa is interesting, I was told it's used as a sacrament to induce trance in Haitian Vodou ceremonies. As exotic as that sounds there may be something credible to this. But lets assay the facts; on the one hand you've got a cultivar coming from the headhunters of highland Papua New Guinea, and the other from practitioners of Vodou in Haiti. It doesn't really sound like a recipe for a well balanced New Age sativa does it?

Warning: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS EXTRA HIGH LEVELS OF TETRA HYDRA CANNIBALS !

It sounds rather like another one of those strains you pull out at a party if you want to resist trivial conversation and....

Excuse me while I alight with my spliff! :Bolt:

idiit

Veteran
The Haitian sativa is interesting, I was told it's used as a sacrament to induce trance in Haitian Vodou ceremonies. As exotic as that sounds there may be something credible to this. But lets assay the facts; on the one hand you've got a cultivar coming from the headhunters of highland Papua New Guinea, and the other from practitioners of Vodou in Haiti. It doesn't really sound like a recipe for a well balanced New Age sativa does it?

haiti is co-located next to dominican republic. bigherb, motaco and others have given out lots of info re black haze, cuban haze, piff, (all different strains from what i've garnered). the cuban haze (cuba is right across from haiti) if i recall correctly is run by the dominicans. maybe the haitian in nanan bouclou will have some special stuff. only one way to find out.

interesting that you brought up haitian voodoo. papua new guinea and haiti have large populations of indigenous natives that still practice voodoo and here's one meaning of nana bouclou: "haitian voodoo diety of plant life". ozg at sss stated that he got his png from a papua new guinea aboriginal. he got his haitian from a haitian indigeneous native. he met these two in his early years sourcing sugar cane for his rum distillery business.

ozg responded to my email when i sent him the latest ^^ nana bouclou pics. and he said this looks haitian dom. to him and the crystal formation and indica look come from the haitian side.

bushweed

Veteran
Hey TB, something for you bro - 1976 import...

picture.php

interesting that you brought up haitian voodoo. papua new guinea and haiti have large populations of indigenous natives that still practice voodoo and here's one meaning of nana bouclou: "haitian voodoo diety of plant life". ozg at sss stated that he got his png from a papua new guinea aboriginal. he got his haitian from a haitian indigeneous native. he met these two in his early years sourcing sugar cane for his rum distillery business.

Hi idiit, no big deal, but I have to correct you on a couple of facts here. Firstly, while the black Papauns are indigenous, the black Haitians arrived in the Americas four hundred years ago as African slaves, and are not considered indigenous. The indigenous Indians in Haiti and many Caribbean islands were wiped out during Spanish and English colonization; often slaughtered; just as often prey to foreign diseases to which they had no immunity.

Secondly, Ozg collected his PNG strain (what he calls his Cape Tribulation sativa) from an Australian Aboriginal in the Cape Tribulation region of Australia, not a PNG Aborigine in PNG. The Aboriginals of Australia and PNG while being geographically proximal, are in fact distinct races. That's all.

Yeah it makes sense the PNG is a full sat because anything with indica in it would have a hard time finishing in that monsoonal part of the world without mold or Botrytis. It's also hard to imagine the indica element in Haitian would be anything but a recent addition, since most pundits say Afghanis weren't seen in the Americas until the late 60s via the Brothers of Eternal Light imports. In which case we might be looking at something as exotic as Northern Lights or Skunk
biggrin.gif

picture.php

picture.php

Gert Lush

Veteran
Warning: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS EXTRA HIGH LEVELS OF TETRA HYDRA CANNIBALS !

LOL!! :biggrin:

I thought you guys would have noticed already that all the best canna comes from areas with headhunters.

Kalimantan: Borneo Dayaks (reputed origin of high quality Colombians)

Assam/7 Sisters: Naga headhunters, probably the best ganja in India

Papua New Guinea: No comment needed

Congolese Black: African rainforest, original home of the "missionaries cooking in(side) a pot" joke...

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hey TB, something for you bro - 1976 import...

picture.php

That's how I remember them! Oh man, those were THE sh*t, and very trippy. Those are what I have been calling the skinny sticks, as opposed to Buddha Sticks. Thanks for the blast from the past.

Bushweed, are those what you remember? What did you call the ones that looked like that.

ThaiBliss

sdd420

Veteran
The ones(sticks) we got around 77 were darker and looked stickier but those look like the earlier type supposedly from Sumatra not thailand via BOEL . Great memories thanks sdd

bushweed

Veteran
Looking hazy....
picture.php

That's how I remember them! Oh man, those were THE sh*t, and very trippy. Those are what I have been calling the skinny sticks, as opposed to Buddha Sticks. Thanks for the blast from the past.

Bushweed, are those what you remember? What did you call the ones that looked like that.

In Oz those were called Golden Buddha Thais and were purportedly highland Thais. They were more prevalent later in the 70s and somewhat rarer than the darker sticks.

The ones(sticks) we got around 77 were darker and looked stickier but those look like the earlier type supposedly from Sumatra not thailand via BOEL . Great memories thanks sdd

I can't say if those specific sticks were grown in Thailand or Indonesia, but you're right, they were imported as Thai stick to the US by BOEL.

Latest posts

Latest posts