What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Search for Trip Weed

St. Phatty

The only reason I smoke Cannabis is because it is Psychedelic, and relaxing.

In other words, it's a Stimulant.

A lot of people, including Canna-philes, are malnourished.

One of the trippiest experiences I ever had was simply from taking a little too much Vitamin C, along with some pot. I ended up with a 4 hour trip that was like being forced to watch animated movies.

herbgreen

Veteran
One of the trippiest experiences I ever had was simply from taking a little too much Vitamin C, along with some pot. I ended up with a 4 hour trip that was like being forced to watch animated movies.
Sounds very ...... A Clockwork-Orange

cannabis depletes Vit C faster is what I was told

must have some interactive relationship when you take too much as well

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Burma from ILE is no slouch in trippy feelings, I assume the RSC version is similar if not the same. There was indica contamination of the Burma seeds I got, they produced fully different looking seeds from the blue pheno and also effect was hybrid type.

Still the original genetics are there. No supreme visions or anything, but in the upper range of trippy feelings for me. No noids with it yet, euphoria with one pheno. Worth a look.

exoticrobotic

You get all the luck with trippy plants yesum.

To add, the female TH seeds sage i tried (as per ThaiBliss recommendation) is one small level up from boof. Obviously not trippy anymore, doesnt seem to be the original old sage genetics that Thaibliss sampled and motivated him so strongly to create this wonderful thread...

I thought the fact that the seeds were female would mean they were more likely to have the original sage genetics in them (a S1 of their favourite sage representation) i thought, but they didn't grow like sativas.

One pheno from the five was very euphoric, another pheno is working man's weed, the rest were ok... a bit meh....

There is a slight underlying trippyness/old world feeling to their highs but overall, most of the phenos were somewhat of a flat depressing high which is not great for someone who is somewhat flat and depressed anyway :LOL:

I'll have to try and pop some landraces or some Zacateca Tribute which i believe has some Big Sur Holy Weed in it.

I want more than being able to tidy the house in record time with a smile on my face.

ganj on!

Last edited:

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Yesterday I saw a lady's face morph into a skull as everything else became a blur. Trippy.

That’s similar sounding to an experience I had with some Thai brick in the nineties, the black imported stuff we used to get sometimes

After a session I saw my friends face morphing into a kind of tribal style marked face…like a tiki I suppose…only remembered this the other day, I think only the second time I ever had visuals like that from weed. Both times it was Thai weed.

Heavy1

What's the story on haze crossed cuttings? What's worth getting, if anything, and where to get it?

Space for hunting here is fairly limited. Anything 12 weeks or hopefully less?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
The only reason I smoke Cannabis is because it is Psychedelic, and relaxing.

In other words, it's a Stimulant.

A lot of people, including Canna-philes, are malnourished.

Well start feeding your plants some diluted orange juice and see what happens. :)

This is how discoveries are made. :) And I'm not kidding.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings Tripweed Peeps,

It's been almost 3 long years since I've made any progress in my search. It's been rough on me because I miss it so much. The good news is that I have optimism for my new garden location in the tropics. I dropped some seed in soil. I've been on pins and needles waiting. I keep checking on them and thinking about them all day long. I found myself wondering if it has been 3 days yet. Then I thought, what day is it today. OMG, it was only yesterday that they went in the soil! LMAO!

I planted three kinds, BLB Super Laos, Gypsy Thai x (Mullumbimby x Neville's Haze), and a strain I've been working on for decades. The last two crosses in that long running line were Vancouver Island Seed Company Burmese X an exceptionally trippy Thai-like Neville's Haze 18 week flowering golden sativa individual.

For this post, I'm going to describe the Gypsy Thai cross seeds. I started about a dozen of these plants a few years ago. As they moved beyond seedling stage I noticed that one of them, pictured below, was throwing off an incredible aroma that smelled like the Thai Stick I smoked as a youngster back in the 1970s. It was very pungent. It smelled of turpentine (pine and solvent), black pepper, and citrus. Sometimes it seemed to smell of cat piss. It also had the skinniest leaves and lankiest structure. This single plant aroma dominated a table of about 30 plants. I had to go one by one and smell each plant, putting most of them aside until I found the culprit. The smell would make one think that it might be dangerous to light a match for fear of a fireball.

I got it to flower in my hillbilly greenhouse in December. I had to move it into my living room when it started to freeze hard outside. It was a male. I was hoping to hit the Laos female I had with it. At the very end as it started to die, the male threw some pistils. I pollinated them with it's own pollen. I got 4 seeds.

A couple of days ago, before planting in soil, I soaked them in water. To my amazement and joy, one of the seeds cracked. I'm so hoping to see it push up from the ground.

More later. I bet you folks forgot how long winded I am. LOL

Best to All

Attachments

• GypsyPlant5-15.jpg
    GypsyPlant5-15.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79

F2F

It's been almost 3 long years since I've made any progress in my search. It's been rough on me because I miss it so much. The good news is that I have optimism for my new garden location in the tropics. I dropped some seed in soil. I've been on pins and needles waiting. I keep checking on them and thinking about them all day long. I found myself wondering if it has been 3 days yet. Then I thought, what day is it today. OMG, it was only yesterday that they went in the soil! LMAO!

I planted three kinds, BLB Super Laos, Gypsy Thai x (Mullumbimby x Neville's Haze), and a strain I've been working on for decades. The last two crosses in that long running line were Vancouver Island Seed Company Burmese X an exceptionally trippy Thai-like Neville's Haze 18 week flowering golden sativa individual.

For this post, I'm going to describe the Gypsy Thai cross seeds. I started about a dozen of these plants a few years ago. As they moved beyond seedling stage I noticed that one of them, pictured below, was throwing off an incredible aroma that smelled like the Thai Stick I smoked as a youngster back in the 1970s. It was very pungent. It smelled of turpentine (pine and solvent), black pepper, and citrus. Sometimes it seemed to smell of cat piss. It also had the skinniest leaves and lankiest structure. This single plant aroma dominated a table of about 30 plants. I had to go one by one and smell each plant, putting most of them aside until I found the culprit. The smell would make one think that it might be dangerous to light a match for fear of a fireball.

I got it to flower in my hillbilly greenhouse in December. I had to move it into my living room when it started to freeze hard outside. It was a male. I was hoping to hit the Laos female I had with it. At the very end as it started to die, the male threw some pistils. I pollinated them with it's own pollen. I got 4 seeds.

A couple of days ago, before planting in soil, I soaked them in water. To my amazement and joy, one of the seeds cracked. I'm so hoping to see it push up from the ground.

Best to All
I am very excited for u Thaibliss. Hope you find something special brother.

And…very interested in seeing how that “Super” Laos turns out. Have been fascinated with that Laos line since I first saw it years back. Go get em!

Peace
F2F

Thcvhunter

Veteran

Best to All
Welcome back.
Always enjoyed your journey with this plant

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings again,

Another bunch of seeds I just planted were from the seed stock I've been working on for decades. The last two plants lines I bred with were VISC Burmese, and lastly, a VERY special Neville's Haze that I can only assume was what is referred to as the acid phenotype. To me, it was very similar to Thai Stick, with the traits of the highest quality old school Mexican I ever smoked. The Thai Stick part was racy, nerve vibrating, screaming intense wild ride to the peak, and the very long lasting blissful, "we're not in Kansas anymore" view of the world, clean taper. The Mexican traits were extreme warm euphoria, and almost psilocybin-like merging with god feeling. What a high! It validated all my memories of what good old fashioned weed was like from childhood.

This may have been the best weed I ever smoked, including Thai Stick, my most emblematic strain I rave about. Thai Stick wasn't a one off. We got that stuff yearly for the better part of a decade. Once I found that Neville's Haze, I halted out-crosses to anything else, except a separate line to other strains that improved my outdoor bud endeavors. Basically, that started my search for trip weed online so that I could find something worthy of breeding it to in order to improve bud structure and ease of growing. That Neville's Haze was a nightmare for me. It was a bit of a Dr. Grinspoon when under lights. I didn't harvest buds, I harvested calyxes. It was also finicky as hell. I'd invest 18 weeks in my grow closet, and the product might be hay. I couldn't figure out what it was that made a certain batch so good. My best guess was disciplined light cycle scheduling and full maturity. This stuff just can't be rushed.

The last time I tried to grow these seeds, I got some to sprout, but they just didn't grow. I think they are out of juice, and it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to get one to grow. Even the Neville's Haze mother took 3 months to go from sprout to 4 inches tall. It then would go wild like any good tropical sativa. I put about a dozen seeds into a tiny pot. Maybe I'll get lucky. None of the offspring I tested were as good as either parent, but I just can't give up on them. Attached is a picture of the last plant I was able to grow. The golden color from the Neville's Haze freak appears to be dominant, and the fat leaves of the Burmese are also dominant.

More jabbering sometime later my friends,

ThaiBliss

Attachments

• AToverhead.JPG
    AToverhead.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 50

ThaiBliss

Veteran
You get all the luck with trippy plants yesum.

To add, the female TH seeds sage i tried (as per ThaiBliss recommendation) is one small level up from boof. Obviously not trippy anymore, doesnt seem to be the original old sage genetics that Thaibliss sampled and motivated him so strongly to create this wonderful thread...

I thought the fact that the seeds were female would mean they were more likely to have the original sage genetics in them (a S1 of their favourite sage representation) i thought, but they didn't grow like sativas.

One pheno from the five was very euphoric, another pheno is working man's weed, the rest were ok... a bit meh....

There is a slight underlying trippyness/old world feeling to their highs but overall, most of the phenos were somewhat of a flat depressing high which is not great for someone who is somewhat flat and depressed anyway :LOL:

I'll have to try and pop some landraces or some Zacateca Tribute which i believe has some Big Sur Holy Weed in it.

I want more than being able to tidy the house in record time with a smile on my face.

ganj on!
Hi Exoticbotic,

I killed off both Big Sur Holyweed and SAGE. I then regretted it both times. It's just too hard to find that ear to ear grin weed that motivates me. I think Wally wrote something like, "we could always use happy weed". It's not as hard to find as powerful tripweed, but at least you are in the ballpark. I still didn't learn my lesson. I left those seeds up north. They had Burmese and Bangi Haze in them which are similar but have stronger individuals peppering the population. Now I'm in a foreign country and all I can find is the same old crappy couch-lock depression weed that is so prevalent in the States. It smells and looks nice though. Jesus H. double hockey sticks! If I mess up these exotic sativas from inexperience, I'm screwed for another year. Yikes!

Well, I've now grown in three different climates, temperate, Mediterranean, and indoors. You'd think I know enough by now to not screw up the tropics. Then again, I never under estimate the number of times I need to be hit over the head with a 2 x 4 to stop making the same mistake.

Best of luck in your search amigo!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

It's day 3 and not one seedling has popped up. I'm worrying a lot now. I have so few seeds. There aren't garden stores here like in the U.S. that have commercial potting soil and a thousand other products that might be helpful. I've been asking and people look at me like I'm crazy. "Why don't you just get a shovel?" So I did. LOL. I did see a nursery, basically that only sells potted plants. Typical. I got really nosy looking around back and saw a big bag of rice hulls they had. I convinced the owner to sell me a sack. At least I have something that a local gardener uses to make his potting soil. I mixed about one third of rice hulls with two thirds topsoil.

The soil here is really weird. It's obviously volcanic because there is an active volcano just kilometers away. It's fresher volcanic soil rather than ancient volcanic back in Oregon. Sometimes I can smell sulfur. For some reason I was able to get this tiny coffee farm pretty cheap. LOL. Anyway, the soil can absorb lots of water very quickly. It's like sand or I guess ash. Water flows through it quickly. I've seen it rain holy hell here, in monstrous thunder storms. It always surprises me about where all that water goes. The ground absorbs so much so fast. I thought I needed to use a lot of plant material mixed in. Just winging it. If anyone has experience, please chime in. I already have learned that there is a serious lack of nitrogen and calcium. I'll be adding that as soon as I have to water the plants. I know I shouldn't panic yet, but I'm a worrier.

The other seeds I soaked were Super Laos. When I tested them, they looked a lot like the Thai I have experienced before, but more robust growth and fatter leaves. The aroma had those citrus and spicy black pepper aromas to it, just like Thai, but instead of the piney turpentine, it had a menthol aroma. It reminded me of Hawaiian weed I've had way back in the day. That Hawaiian weed was no slouch, I can tell you that. The plants also had a nice yellow green glow to it, similar to the Neville's Haze freak pheno. Attached below are a couple of pictures.

A bit about the sun and climate here. It's so intense! Back in Oregon the sun is strong because of how arid it is in the summer. It barely has any cloud cover at all throughout the summer. It's crystal clear intense. Man, by 10:00 am you better take cover. Hahaha. I'm now very close to the equator AND 4,000 feet higher in altitude. I've gotten sunburn at 8:30 in the morning! Holy hell, the sun will peel you in no time at all. It's seriously dangerous. I can't stand the heat, so I'm so high up the mountain that the temperature ranges only between 50 degrees and 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of the year its 60 to 75. The locals tell me that they think they are getting frostbitten at my house. LOL. Most of the year it rains every afternoon, sometimes in extremely violent thunderstorms. The rainy season starts to taper off in November. It's pretty dry form December to May.

Not much time for flowers to develop. I hope to put the plants outside in November. The good news is that the Laos flowered in January and February back in Oregon. This strain might be the best match for this climate. I hope I can trigger them before they go outside. The light is 14 / 10 for now. If they are big enough, I'll switch to 12 / 12 in October. That's the plan, unless I get better sounding advice before then.

T.B.

Attachments

• Laos4-18.jpg
    Laos4-18.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • LaosQueen.jpg
    LaosQueen.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hey Mr Bliss ,
nice to see you still in action man ,
quite a mild climate u have there for the tropics i note ,
its sometimes similar here , id say temperate for up to 6 months of the year ,
then it gets pretty tropical for the rest of the year ,

lately though the winter is quite drizzly , cold , windy , just horrible ,
im also at similar altitude to you , around 3000 ft ,
its a nice climate for gunja if the weather plays the game that is ..

with those sativas , they are pretty sensitive to small changes in day length ,
with your sortest day in december ,
you wouldnt want to have flowers going too much longer before they will react to the day increases ,
you probably have a month after that , maybe 6 weeks before it gets a bit iffy ,
so might pay to plan around that ,
generally , the cycle from seed to harvest is 5 to 6 months for those girls in the tropics ,
so that gives you some time frame to work with ...

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hey Mr Bliss ,
nice to see you still in action man ,
quite a mild climate u have there for the tropics i note ,
its sometimes similar here , id say temperate for up to 6 months of the year ,
then it gets pretty tropical for the rest of the year ,

lately though the winter is quite drizzly , cold , windy , just horrible ,
im also at similar altitude to you , around 3000 ft ,
its a nice climate for gunja if the weather plays the game that is ..

with those sativas , they are pretty sensitive to small changes in day length ,
with your sortest day in december ,
you wouldnt want to have flowers going too much longer before they will react to the day increases ,
you probably have a month after that , maybe 6 weeks before it gets a bit iffy ,
so might pay to plan around that ,
generally , the cycle from seed to harvest is 5 to 6 months for those girls in the tropics ,
so that gives you some time frame to work with ...
Hi Don,

Thanks so much for all your invaluable help. I really hope I can make you proud. :) Every tip I get is much appreciated.

I did cause a bit of confusion. I'm 3000+ ft higher than I was in Oregon. I said it this way to note the relative increased light intensity. The altitude of my garden now is over 5000 feet. I believe that accounts for the cooler / milder temperatures at this location. This elevation is about the highest altitude that coffee is grown here.

It's interesting how suddenly the climate changes as I drive up the mountain. I believe the radical changes are because the terrain gets opened up to the prevailing winds at certain spots. I also note that even though it rains more up the mountain, usually because of the violent thunderstorms blossom up here, the air dries out more quickly after the rain. When I drive downhill in the morning, I hit more humidity as I go downhill. I know this because my cold windshield will suddenly fog up.

I once found a raw coffee bean in some excellent Punto Rojo Colombian weed. I'm thinking because it was raw and still had the red skin around the outside of the bean, it wasn't there to cover up the aroma of the weed. It was likely there because weed was being grown in a similar location, and the weed was being dried in the same infrastructure being used to dry the coffee beans. It was perhaps just cross contamination. Do you know of any successful sativa grows at this high of altitude in Oz?

So I've already made my first mistakes. I'm not using known quality potting soil mix. I also should have started my seeds earlier given the timeline you just described. If the seeds come up soon and have a healthy start, I could still be O.K. It's going to be borderline. For my peace of mind, I'll assume in my favor.

Thanks Again Don!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hey mate ,
i think thats about as high as the highest mountain around where i am ,
Australia is not known for high mountains like some other countries ,
most of them are worn down to a nub , its a very old place ...
so i dont know anyone that grows at that altitude ..

a mate is sending me some local sativa that may do the job for you too,
but im unsure how much he is sending , so i wont make any promises on that stuff ,
but its likely it would handle the conditions .....

and yep start them early , they will be fine beginning to flower with some rain still falling ,
the last month to six weeks its best to be dry ...

you may have to make your own soil or plant direct into the ground , i much prefer growing in the ground to in pots and i think the plants do also ...

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings Peeps,

Nothing has sprouted from my first planting. I think the soil mix I made is bad, so I went back to my local hardware store. They had soil mixes. I suppose I didn't find much before because nobody looks for soil in the dry season but me. LOL Planting season starts when the rain starts. I'm so naive. They had lots to chose from now, and it's cheap. Because I'm cheap, I mixed the commercial stuff with what was left of my original stuff, and dropped more seeds. It smelled much better because of more broken down humus in the mix. I need to make a compost pile.

A few days later, two of the Gypsy Thai Stick X (Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness) seeds sprouted and popped up. I'm so relieved. I thought I was going to have nothing, and I was seriously depressed. I'm not giving up on the original plantings. I'm going to buy a pH meter and check the first soil mix. I need a few more plants to chose from, and i'm desperate to save that Super Laos. At least I have a reasonable theory, and some hope.

Pics of the seedlings coming, if I can keep them growing for a week or two. I'm probably the only person that would want to see them, but I can't help myself. Joy is a good thing.

Best Vibes All
T.B.

Latest posts

Latest posts