What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Search for Trip Weed

xet

All cannabis plants will hermie when that gene is triggered. Whoever says they have a plant that will not hermie lemme at your seeds and I will whip the crap out of it with a broom everyday, let my dog gnaw at it, let me chickens hump it, starve it to death and bring it back again, puke on it, take a magnifying glass to it, carve my name in it's trunk, I will make your plant hermie.

exoticrobotic

Interesting that within that link yields of oil and fibre were seen to be enhanced in monoecious vs dioecious hemp varieties. Was that % or total/area?

I don't know whether Thai stick was hermie prone @F2F I'm a youngster at 50 so cannot answer that :p From what I've read Thai stick came mostly seedless. Thai must have come with seeds at some point though as it was taken and used in Haze breeding but most people who work with Thais seem to mention its hermie tendencies.

It seems from the west's perspective weed started heavily seeded and we then took it gradually seedless.

I know while doing that we also bred Afghan into the sativa mix to reduce the flowering time and maybe that caused a loss in depth and quality of high.

Or maybe something was lost through our obsession with creating seedless dioecious bud and eradicating intersex/monoecious bud.

:joint::coffee::thinking:

goingrey

Interesting that within that link yields of oil and fibre were seen to be enhanced in monoecious vs dioecious hemp varieties. Was that % or total/area?
Seems like the total/area is what hemp farmers would be most interested in? But it's probably a bit of both.

The difficulty with dioecious fiber hemp is that males die younger and for good quality everything is harvested when the males flower. Then you get no seed. With monoecious that is not a problem, and possibly you even get more seeds per plant.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Goo:

I need to change "I highly doubt this..." to "I'm not sure."

I copied the following pictures and quote from Hrpuffnkush on the "1969 Mekong Delta strain" thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6844589&postcount=80

"This is a strain from vietnam that was brought back by GI's.. i believe it to be the wide leaf sativa , also fits the description exactly that DJ Shot wrote about Vietnamese strains from 70's"

picture.php
picture.php

Judging by the looks of this ^^^ plant, I think it is possible that Goo could be "pure Thai".

Goo:
picture.php

If this is what I have grown before, then the leaves will get longer and thinner as the plant matures, and will wind up looking more NLD than WLD.

ThaiBliss

Howdy buddy,
I met up with Gooey Breeder at emerald cup.
He gave me the run down
He and other veterans brought back seeds from the wars they were in (Korean War and Vietnam War, mostly). Its a mix of SE asian strains - Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Afghan. Probably a few more like Yunnan, Laotian.
I had the Gooey Mom clome for a couole years and bred with it. It was a 30-something year old clone. It didnt make a lot of seeds and grew in a dwarf stature due to its age. But the smoke was great. I have a couple NCG x High Voltage seeds that I need to F2.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Goo:

I need to change "I highly doubt this..." to "I'm not sure."

I copied the following pictures and quote from Hrpuffnkush on the "1969 Mekong Delta strain" thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6844589&postcount=80

"This is a strain from vietnam that was brought back by GI's.. i believe it to be the wide leaf sativa , also fits the description exactly that DJ Shot wrote about Vietnamese strains from 70's"

picture.php
picture.php

Judging by the looks of this ^^^ plant, I think it is possible that Goo could be "pure Thai".

Goo:
picture.php

If this is what I have grown before, then the leaves will get longer and thinner as the plant matures, and will wind up looking more NLD than WLD.

ThaiBliss

Howdy buddy,
I met up with Gooey Breeder at emerald cup.
He gave me the run down
He and other veterans brought back seeds from the wars they were in (Korean War and Vietnam War, mostly). Its a mix of SE asian strains - Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Afghan. Probably a few more like Yunnan, Laotian.
I had the Gooey Mom clome for a couole years and bred with it. It was a 30-something year old clone. It didnt make a lot of seeds and grew in a dwarf stature due to its age. But the smoke was great. I have a couple NCG x High Voltage seeds that I need to F2.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How does this Indian sativa compare to Zamal/Mexicans @yesum @chilliwilli

Have you done any preservation/crosses with it?

It's unfortunately sold out everywhere.
I have made some f2's of it but can not do 100 or more plants needed for preservation. Zamal I have not tried. The Chellakutti is crazier than the Mexicans I have.

I am looking for Acapulco Gold or some other crazy Mexican I had long ago. Most likely AG. That was crazy but answered all the questions of life at the same time. The Chellakutti is nuts, but does not give the insight I am wanting. It just provokes questions on the nature of reality.

exoticrobotic

Hiya @exoticrobotic - infatuated with Zamal. 😜

Did u get that from one or couple plants, or need to select from many for that effect?

Peace
F2F

I was also infatuated with Zamal years ago, when it first came out in the Gypsy Nirvana Collection.

I still am :D

I got it from one plant grown under a few warm white flourescent tubes.

It got treated with somewhat neglect but even as a young plant it stank of parsnips with notes of horseradish and spicy earth. A smell that was very different to other strains i'd tried.

The buds were numerous and small and had a dry feel to them but with lots of cold resin within the buds.

The high was quite different to anything else i was regularly smoking. It produced a veil infront of your vision where everything seemed ancient and full of wonder.

It had a lot of raw power to it and was best smoked out in nature where you could run a bit!

At some point i will do another run with it. I hope the seeds germinate as they are quite old now.

CreeperStipule

I couldnt find the exact listing but its similar to this...

This is interesting to watch what you get out of it...:biggrin:

I have seen OPT used recently in the industry...crossed to alaskanThunderFuck

RC Colas here on Icmag have reverse engineerd OPT for lack of better term using Flo or F-13

His was also BX with NL1 pheno and Maduro was one of the cultivars that came out of that

Its most likely it came out of RC Cola work or ...who knows!

Cannabis names and cultivar are very confusing by definition

Oregon Purple thai the real shit is not really available anywhere

Its like saying you have a golden unicorn:rasta:

It was part of the development of DJ shorts 'Flo' and Blueberry and F-13

Its a hybrid made by DJ Short Oaxacan Highland Gold x Chocolate Thai (vintage)

That was the base for a few of his strains

Another possible source may be and Alaska Cannabis Cache ....he worked with an OPT

That breeder recently passed away in motorcycle accident RIP Jim Heime cheeba

Miraculous meds might know whats coming soon....DJ short has the experience and knowledge to know what hes smoking

That is the most important thing.......That's why we are in losing battle

If we dont hurry up and know what what we are smoking....Only someone that had the original would be even close to knowing

DJ may have some seeds stashed that are one generation back from Flo

Stay positive :yikes:

Only thing is the effect end results :respect:

Isn't that what Potent Purple was? reefermans?

edit: it was kodiak gold which I think is part MTF?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts