What's new

The Ruins @ Coba

Coba

Veteran
I'm going to let it sit for a few days...
leaf mold will be next...
picture.php

P-NUT

Veteran
I never did get to burning a round bale. Got busy with all the logs a tree company dumped for me. I collected about 50 + gallons of oak hickory and magnolia charcoal and theres lots more mixed into the soil in my field.

rockymountainJ

Nice thread coba!!! After seeing your peyote purple in the seedsman contest..... well I had to come check this out!! Nice work!!

Coba

Veteran
my clone game got a little better... bc i added a new light.
picture.php

SSSDH Jack F3 male ... next to him is one of his rooted clones from the first pic
picture.php

I think I'm going to name him Robert August
picture.php

B

blue_tick

coba

liking the looks of # 3 as well. good branching. so how much char are you adding to the 2 gallon buckets or per ft of material ? i have never used it before so curiosity is killing the cat so to speak

peace

Coba

Veteran
FL dude, that's a good question. ttytt I don't know. I read where it's pretty safe to go big though.
these guys recommend 30% by volume in a media that is just biochar and Sphagnum Peat Moss
http://lib.dr.iastate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4406&context=etd

I also saw where a university studies it's benefits as a perlite replacement, another university studies it's benefits as a SPM replacement. Then another studies it's value as a Vermiculite replacement. So, I'm totally under the impression that a person could grow in a 50/50 mix of biochar and ewc if they really wanted to. I think the forums here recommend like 10% total volume.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=73866

do it dude... you have the space to burn. I do it the quick and dirty way. but, there's some dudes that really get into it... here in FL too. the burn barrel method that is pretty neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2xdelJYxw

Morcheeba*

Veteran
terra preta.....it has worked for hundreds of years in the Amazon basin.

the girls are looking good

peace

rockymountainJ

Lol peyote purple killed the seedsman comp!! Nice job, knew that was a winner.... Nice update, your summer is shaping up nicely!!

Coba

Veteran
Thanks Morcheeba... hey man, I've got a question for you... have you been able to re-veg your TT cut? I haven't yet. it's been a while it feels like too...

Thanks J. man I'm so excited I never win anything.

Coba

Veteran
take a look at the new cloning/seedling station fellers....
picture.php

I took this old hood and modded a 4 light vanity to fit... cut it down to 3 lights... those are 2 60 watt and 1 100 watt equiv. leds..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

amnesia x tt x sssdh jack f3 accident
picture.php

Coba

Veteran
char looks finished
picture.php

got the trusty pickle bucket ready
picture.php

a cup of guano and two alfalfa cubes for char charging tea
picture.php

Coba

Veteran
sifted up the char with two size screens... one for the big stuff
picture.php

picture.php

one for separating the smaller stuff from the ash and fine crumbles that I feel just turns to mud.
picture.php

Coba

Veteran
leaf litter maker
picture.php

broke it down to get the stuff
picture.php

picture.php

the good stuff
picture.php

it's crawling with life... incl these vicious poisonous attack predators
picture.php

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Thanks Morcheeba... hey man, I've got a question for you... have you been able to re-veg your TT cut? I haven't yet. it's been a while it feels like too....

i just did a re-veg on the TT2 and its growing good. i took 3 cuts around wk4 of flower, 2 survived and 1 thrived so the other was killed.

i just rotated a TT1 into flower and ill grab a few cuts from her in a few weeks to check on how she re-vegges.

ill get pics of the TT2 re-veg w/nug still attached and ill let you know how the other does.

peace

P-NUT

Veteran
Hows those mangos doing? I bet theyre gonna get huge. You might need some 100+ gallon pots to keep them happy