What's new

The Ruins @ Coba

Coba

Veteran
This diary is to help myself grow better.
I need to keep better track of what's going down in my little 400W darkroom. Since, I never write anything down, (<--- bad practice) I need a place to keep my thoughts and exercise together.

I'll keep it updated with my outfit's potential and all are welcome to chill out and hang,

Coba

Coba

Veteran
Karma Genetics SSSDH x Jack 4 weeks from root
this pheno can take the heat...

Coba

Veteran
Cannabiogen's Peyote Purple
a little heat/humidity stressed... but Autumn is here and things will start to get better for the girls in flower.

Peyote Purple x Querkle male
This dude has thick stems, a great smell, and I like his frame work too.

this PP pheno has been preliminary chosen to be the recipient of his seed.
I like her structure, and she smells like VO5

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
you are welcome to ic family coba, your plants lookin nice healthy and green , ROCK genetic...so cant wait to see in full bloom...
keep up the great job grower!!!

Coba

Veteran
SSSDH x Jack lineage, so far, this is my take...

Original Diesel (OD)
Chem '91 X (MassSuperSkunk X SensiNL)
Sour Diesel = Original Diesel X DNL[DNL Genetics listed at bottom of post]

Chem 91 in Original Diesel was the original cut, meaning it was female.

According to JJ-NYC the cross of SensiNL/MSS = Sensi NL was the Male and the Mass Super Skunk was the female cut - which produced seeds - from those seeds a male was chosen and then crossed with the Female Chem '91 producing Original Diesel.

Supposedly, the original Chemdawg cut that grew the herb chemdog smoked at the Grateful Dead show in the early 90's was a cut passed along by Bikers - and the original supplier of the OZ chemdog got his seeds from never came in contact with the cut donors again. There was debate over the genetics of the original Chemdawg, whether it was Kush, Hash Plant, Northern Lights? The person in Tahoe who grew the Original Diesel S1 was very well familiar with Kush genetics and was convinced it was actually kush genetics mainly behind the chemdog strainline and decided to rename the OD S1 as "OG Kush".
DNL = (RFK Skunk X Hawaiian) X NL
RFK = Skunk strain from RFK dead Shows 90-91"

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze

Breeder: Reservoir Seeds
Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze
Rezdog has the perfect GH SSH mother for this scenario. Remember eating acid at university? This will be similar.
SSH
Family of breed: 25% Skunk, 25% Northern lights, and 50% Haze
Jack Herer
High Times tells about the lineage:
While Sensi say the exact lineage is a closely-guarded secret, it is accepted that Jack Herer is a 3-way hybrid of Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. The precise lineage is probably Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)] which suggests that Sensi began by selecting a male from their NL5 x SK1 seedline (AKA Shiva Skunk) and backcrossing him to the NL5 female cutting. As Sensi purchased Neville's breeding plants, they had both the Haze A and C males, so it is likely that they then chose a female NL5 x (NL5xSK1) plant and pollinated it with one of the Haze males to create Jack Herer., this would make Jack 50% Haze, 37.5% NL5 and 12.5% SK1. This gives Jack Herer a similar composition to Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze which are 50% Haze, 25% NL5 and 25% SK1.
Haze x Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #5 seems to be the popular theme here. some tried and true genetics.

The IX I made of the SSSDH x Jack is a pheno jumping line to say the least. I've experienced Sour leaner's and Haze and/or Jack leaner's ( how to tell the difference? ) I like them both a lot. It's like having two seedlines in one, a real treat for me.

Coba

Veteran
Took cuts from the fat lobed PP (aka the father in law), the high heat pheno sssdh x jack, and mrs.PP x Querkle today.

Coba

Veteran
24 hours later all the cuts are still perky.(<---- good sign.) it's the first 24 hours that gets me... usually if they can survive the initial ordeal... they make it to root.

My clone tecnique is pretty simple... cut plant, stick cut into dirt, mist cut regularly.

the dirt has had mycorrhizae spores added, I brewed an alfalfa tea. and the dirt is recycled from this summer's tomatoes. the tea gets foliar fed and soil drenched... and that's it.

No dome or anything. I've tried the humidy dome method for a few cycles, it just seemed like my cuts were too dependent on the dome for life support... two weeks later, the cuts shouldn't be wilting because I took the dome off.. at least open air style, with a foliar everyday the plants experience a drying period. that's what I think triggers the root growth.

I can safely say I get 95-100% success...

Coba

Veteran
cuts are still alive... I've misted once in three days.

pquerkle smoothed up to a cut of sssdhxjack and got all booked up. he misted her today... right in front of me, he's not shy...

the sssdhxjack is nice, with a smell that lingers in the air... the first frosty calxes have a brand-new-shower-curtain smell undertoned with lime.

I'm going to let her go as long as she needs... then I was going to top the swollen cola... let the bottom finish with seed.

PP
the largest lobed of the three. I call her the father-in-law... cause he likes broads.

Coba

Veteran
L: PP the
R: PP the father-in-law aka fat lobed broad

L: sssdhxjack high heat pheno
R: PP aka Jane Doe... I don't know who she is but, she's starting to look pretty good too.

she really started looking good right here...

I might go ahead and pollinate a few bottom larfy buds should give me some starter fluid... a couple hundred pp x (pp x querkle) beans to dick around with...
who knows, they may have a nice plant in them

Coba

Veteran
this is where all the magic happens... my 4x4x4
the right side is new stuff. lots of restaurant kitchen scraps, i'm real picky about my scraps. not just anything will fly... mushroom stems, only dark green veggie matter( broccoli,asparagus,kale,spinach etc.), potato/root veggie peelings only. also, shrimp and crab leg shells, fish carcasses and belly fat... raked leaves, kudsu vines.

No onions or garlic, I don't like to add any seeded up scrap... there's enough seeds as it is

the left side is recycled soil and leaf mold/compost humus...
picture.php

rubbermaid tub with holes drilled in the sides, lid and bottom. six inches up on the sides and all across the bottom... worm bin for now. you see the rotten berries I bring home and trow in there. also, I toss nutrient tea/extract remains in there, kudsu leaves, coffee grounds and minerals.
picture.php

then it all comes together... along with Sphagnum peat, perlite, greensand, crushed granite, soft rock phosphate, kelp meal, fish meal...
picture.php

I top dress with high N, high P, high N&P, and super high P guanos and kelp meal and leaf mold and humus. and I brew ACT a couple of times a cycle. waterings usually has something in it whether it's an alfala/kelp/aloe or ACT or no alfalfa just kelp and aloe... i keep busy. It's deffo a labor of love...

I need more things though... I just ordered buckwheat seed from seeds of change...
SoC said:
1-3' TA Rapid-growing, warm-season, broadleaf grain suppresses weeds, loosens topsoil, increases phosphorus and potassium availability, and provides nectar for pollinators and beneficials. Incorporate before seed set, within 40-60 days after planting. Use between spring and fall food crops or as a living mulch between young transplants that can be cut and left in place. Not drought or frost tolerant, and does poorly in compacted or excessively wet soils

cannot go wrong with those, I'll use them for all sorts of stuff... living mulch for starters.

Coba

Veteran
just started 12/12 today... gave the ladies a high P guano drench... next up top dress with kelp and stuff.

Liza

Wow you got all the genetics I want. I'd really love to make my own soil and grow organic as well. So much to learn. I'll keep checking in.

Coba

Veteran
Liza, FunTimesIndeed,

Greetings
Sizzla Kalonji - Lovely Morning
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'd really love to make my own soil and grow organic as well. So much to learn"

When I first started growing herb Liza, that's the only thing I knew...

you are going to find a million different soil recipes...
attra.ncat.org said:
Link All good potting media should meet the needs of plant roots for air, water, nutrients, and support. These needs will vary, however, depending on the plant and its stage of growth... Some of these focus on organic systems; others address conventional production but contain basic and/or relevant information. Anyone who wants to produce consistent, high-quality growing media should study and do detailed research.

I wish I was saving/reusing my soil from the beginning. I can only imagine how good it would be right now.

Last edited:

Coba

Veteran
FTI,
I used to be the sous at a little continental mom and pop a time ago. A white tablecloth signature martinis type place.

We had a new server on one friday night. She was just as attractive as the rest of them. By design, our GM liked the hotties, and i never complained. Until thas Friday

Coba

Veteran
... continued from above

That friday, we were waiting on a fish delivery. I had to 86 Mahi until they got there.

Right as soon as service started for that eve. We had an order sent through with 2 mahi on it...

Before i could get a word out, here comes the new hottie, busting through the kitchen doors with a dry board eraser...

She erases the 6 on the 86 board and writes a 4 in its place.

84 Mahi.