What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Rokerij coffeshop closing down

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the owner of the rokerij was exporting...... which is a no no and will get you in real trouble i.e. lose your coffeeshops and go to jail, he is a real idiot.

well that does add a different twist to the story. i thought he was importing.

obviously as the owner of the license it was a foolish gamble to take.

pisses me off that it's 4 shops less in a already diminishing number.

W

Womble

The Brits and usually the Yanks together are the biggest group of assholes as a whole in Amsterdam. Just look at what a joke the cannabis cup has become, nothing but a Steven Hagar freak show:moon::moon: . Now go to Prague or Barcelona and you will see the proper way to educate people about the joys of Marijuana. The last week of November should be for Americans to stay home for Thanksgiving not running around the 'Dam like a bunch of high times puppets. Jon 54 :woohoo::woohoo:

lol... you're right...we're wrong...shut up...the end. :tiphat:

Antoine Mack

cannasseur extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that´s just sad.
the rokerij at amstel 8 was such a nice shop and one of my overall favorites.
just visited it once, but always had planned to pay it another visit again at
the next opportunity.
what a bummer!

hogg

I have been here many times. I really liked the AMG they sold ans especially the shop on Elandsgracht.
You will be missed Rokerij at least by this ol stoner:tiphat:

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
This was one of the shops I enjoyed when I used to go to the dam. Haven't been in years. No need imo. I still have a beanie that I bought from here. They had nice herb.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
now if that's true, it would be very karmic. although what annoys me is the 4 less coffee shops. every time they can close a place, is one less, as they are not issuing new licenses anymore last i heard.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wasnt he exporting sprayed stuff to the uk?

yeah thats a bit heavy if you ain't got some proof. i mean yeah he was dumb to do the export thing. but saying he did the whole sprayed bud thing is a whole other kettle of fish. you need some proof to have that info taken in any way seriously.

Krampn

lol, a little birdy was telling me....
why do you think i put a question mark at the end of the sentence? - how would this be proofable??

edit: either you know or you dont

hogg

lol, a little birdy was telling me....
why do you think i put a question mark at the end of the sentence? - how would this be proofable??

edit: either you know or you dont

Sounds like BS to me...

I have visited this cofeeshop many times and especially enjoyed the Elandsgracht location and the one close to Haarlemmerstraat.
There AMG was always really nice and I bought everytime I was in town. Sad to see it close for sure but honestly after January it wont matter anyway.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow if it really will be changing, i might try and make it to the high times cup this year. i can hardly imagine Amsterdam really doing the weed pass to it's self. would be such a strange place, knowing all those coffee shops are just out of reach full of bud, but you as a tourist have to buy from some shady criminal on the street? really fucked up! then they will bust you and fine you. if that shit goes down there will not be a canna tourists left going to Amsterdam. the border town German, Belgium and French dealer buyers will keep doing their thing. they will just be buying it from guys in the street, guys who pay no tax and are willing to sell to anyone anything. what morons thought up this idea, they are so gonna regret taking this step. it can only be about ideology and fanatical anti cannabis crusading, there is no way they considered the practical side, or the logical consequences of their planned action. madness i tell you total madness.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
wow if it really will be changing, i might try and make it to the high times cup this year. i can hardly imagine Amsterdam really doing the weed pass to it's self. would be such a strange place, knowing all those coffee shops are just out of reach full of bud, but you as a tourist have to buy from some shady criminal on the street? really fucked up! then they will bust you and fine you. if that shit goes down there will not be a canna tourists left going to Amsterdam. the border town German, Belgium and French dealer buyers will keep doing their thing. they will just be buying it from guys in the street, guys who pay no tax and are willing to sell to anyone anything. what morons thought up this idea, they are so gonna regret taking this step. it can only be about ideology and fanatical anti cannabis crusading, there is no way they considered the practical side, or the logical consequences of their planned action. madness i tell you total madness.

madness....

C

Chamba

such sad news....Dutch cities like Amsterdam were the only places on earth where we could freely smoke without fear of persecution and now that freedom is going. First they will ban foreigners, then little by little they will work to close each and every coffee shop, most likely by busting shops that serve non-Dutch in stings set up by the authorities and by hitting them with rezoning laws and sending them bankrupt with legal fees from endless court cases based on trumped up charges. Then with the huge increase with street dealing, the Dutch police will become way more militarized and aggressive like they are in the US or Australia...perhaps they should be careful what they wish for?

The only hope for us is that either this generation of young Dutch people rebels against this oppression much like what happened in the 60's when their Opa's (Grandpa's) fought for and laid the foundations for 40+years of sensible cannabis laws or another country will replace Holland as a cannabis tourist's Mecca...I'm not holding my breath for either....the former won't happen as most young people now have much less of a social conscious nowadays and are way more concerned about buying the latest digital gadget and the latter won't happen cos how can you ever try to match what Amsterdam has to offer?

I can't think of any other city or country in Europe that could even hope to be anywhere near as ideal in so many ways as the Amsterdam or the Netherlands is (or was) in regards to cannabis tourism...safe, clean, accepting, compact, English speaking, beautiful, non-corrupt police, good public transport, etc etc....there are other potential alternative European cities that could develop, but lets gets real, even in the wildest imagination, they will never be anywhere near what Amsterdam was/is.

Actually, what I think would be an ideal solution to the complaints (and reasons : crowds, street crime, rowdy behavior, traffic jams, etc as well as the right wing politician's aim to look tough on crime and pander to the rising nationalistic and anti-immigration sentiment amid an economic downturn etc etc)) that are prompting this gradual re-criminalization of Dutch cannabis use/sales ..would be to set aside an area of several hectares in various locations around the country that are away from schools, commercial areas, residential areas etc for cannabis smokers to buy, sell and consume freely...Green Light districts!. I'm sure there would suitable locations on the outskirts of most cities that would be suitable, the taxes generated would easily cover the costs of buying and maintaining such an area.

but that's never going to happen, instead, sadly and boringly, Amsterdam will gradually become like most other European cities.....a nice place to visit for non-Europeans if you are 73 years old and on a guided tour (please exit through the gift shop!) or if you are a cannabis smoker it will become just another place where you can get ripped off with shit quality hash or bud from greasy street scumbags while nervously looking over your shoulder.....no thanks, I'd rather stay at home or go to a sunny beach.

Last edited:
C

Chamba

and ironically, if and when cannabis becomes illegal, prosecuted and not readily available in retail outlets as it is now in the Netherlands, cannabis use among 15 ~ 30 year olds there, now one of the lowest in developed countries, will surely soar.

I wonder how this current generation of young people will react once urine testing is conducted for all job applications, scholarships etc and also done randomly? especially if a positive test will result in life damaging consequences?...will they hit the streets in protest or Twitter each other about the Lady Gaga's latest hair-do?

the police aren't winning the war on cannabis, they are just the attack dogs, the politicians aren't, as they are just paid whores with a 4 year lifespan, it's the pharmaceutical corporations that have already won. Look up just how many people died last year in the USA from prescription drugs that were legally prescribed..it's in the tens of thousands and yet there's hardly a peep about it. They sold a billion Oxycontin (and similar) tabs in the US last year and yet some areas have a shortage! lol Yep, they've won the war.

argghhh..end of rant!

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

sad for amsterdam. now i just hope the goverment here in spain legalizes weed so we can get the international canna-tourism here. this country needs it.

jokes aside - its sad for amsterdam. i got family living in the dam, and im now thinking about her, and just guessing on how she will get proper weed now. seemed to be such a good spot to move to just a few months ago.

spain is still quite smoke friendly. maybe some new ppl decide to check out this country.. u can still smoke a fattie on the beach without no one looking badly at you. most of the time the cops dont even care about non-drunk tourists. also with weed prices that go from 5 to 10 euro a gram and hash for about the same, ppl wouold get moe for the bucks here.. and a tan!

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts