What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Rokerij coffeshop closing down

waveguide

Veteran
ah well. wish there was some place you could talk about rokerij strains or that had any info or grow pics.

Piel

Veteran
Politics. Once the reactionary assholes that now are in government are ousted things will change for the better -I hope. Amsterdam will also loose quite a lot of money doing this.

Barcelona here I come :)

neuroherb

Sad news indeed De Rokerij on the Singel was one of my fav chill spots with a good atmosphere and nice people. Big hit to the staff as they have been expanding over the last few years.

A

AcidHouse

Bad News. Respect to all the staff and its patrons.

After missing De Rokerij on previous trips, 4/20 was going to be my first experience in any of there establishments. I had it all planned out.

I think there are some shops that could be closed down and no-body would miss, but these guys surely aren't in that bracket.

So is this defiantly all Rokerij's places gone, are there others?

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
Noooooo! I love Rokerij! I love its atmosphere! Bastard fascist police..Policemen love cocaine! I hate you! :cry:..

:smoweed:

C

Chamba

Don't be hating on the cops, they are just doing their job and are following orders, don't blame the politicians, they just do or say anything to get votes to stay in or to get in power ...the reasons why this is happening (the crackdown on coffeeshops) are varied, but it probably all started when Amsterdam residents, old couples and young couples with kids started complaining to the controllers (politicians) about the loud, obnoxious, drunken louts from the UK and parts of Europe who roam the streets of Amsterdam pissing on walls, vomiting on sidewalks and generally being assholes. ..they just want their streets back, can't blame them, can you?

The problem is that if and when they get their wish of doing away with almost all the coffee shops and hookers, then the filthy street rats (the junkies, shady street dealers and other rip off artists) will multiply making Amsterdam even less safer...then the police will become more Gestapo like they are in the USA and less decent, fair and polite (or less Politie) as they are now.

It's not going to happen, but if they banned alcohol sales (instead of ganja) to non-Dutch visitors, then the night streets of Amsterdam would become a much safer and nicer place.

jochen_45

Veteran
next step into a "clean" land...

next step into a "clean" land...

That is another step in the wrong direction, cant believe whats going
on in the nederlands. The rokerij had a well known name and was a classic
coffeeshop, its a shame that they are closed...

K

kippax

t's not going to happen, but if they banned alcohol sales (instead of ganja) to non-Dutch visitors, then the night streets of Amsterdam would become a much safer and nicer place...
THIS.

K

kippax

what about the coffee shop next door to rokerij?.....is that place still open?. i think it was called ''THE DOORS'' if I'm not mistaken.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
"The owner of the coffee shops of suspected international drug trafficking. He is in 2009 by British customs caught with 250 kilos of cannabis. He is also according to the police involved in two drug shipments that are intercepted by the German border. The man is stuck."

to be fair he was caught with 250 kilos,, rokerij would still be running if the guy hadnt taken such a risk,,

I

izzywozzywizzy

they were only there to rob you 50% dutch government tax . pirates

MISSHARK

.... have the dutch gone totally KuKu? why do they keep cutting off their noses to spite their own faces?... I really don't get it... The whole reason why we know of their existence is because CoffeeShops are the best invention in the world...... so Why oh why do they want to keep removing the only reason people go to Holland... what else is there? flatness? do we want to see flatness or coffeeshops? tulips or ganja? Vlaar or Spliffs? ..... Windmills or Free Rizzla with our baggie of White Widow?........... No Comprendo!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
250 k is nothing for someone with 4 coffee shops to serve. how else is he supposed to get stuff to sell in his shop but to buy it on the international market. there is not enough grown in Holland anymore to supply the coffee shops, they are forced to import. specially hash is only available if you import it. but yeah he should have had someone else take care of that side of the business, still if you think about it all he was doing was organizing stock for his 4 shops.

mr.haze420

Veteran
250 k is nothing for someone with 4 coffee shops to serve. how else is he supposed to get stuff to sell in his shop but to buy it on the international market. there is not enough grown in Holland anymore to supply the coffee shops, they are forced to import. specially hash is only available if you import it. but yeah he should have had someone else take care of that side of the business, still if you think about it all he was doing was organizing stock for his 4 shops.

the owner of the rokerij was exporting...... which is a no no and will get you in real trouble i.e. lose your coffeeshops and go to jail, he is a real idiot.

Jon 54

Don't be hating on the cops, they are just doing their job and are following orders, don't blame the politicians, they just do or say anything to get votes to stay in or to get in power ...the reasons why this is happening (the crackdown on coffeeshops) are varied, but it probably all started when Amsterdam residents, old couples and young couples with kids started complaining to the controllers (politicians) about the loud, obnoxious, drunken louts from the UK and parts of Europe who roam the streets of Amsterdam pissing on walls, vomiting on sidewalks and generally being assholes. ..they just want their streets back, can't blame them, can you?

The problem is that if and when they get their wish of doing away with almost all the coffee shops and hookers, then the filthy street rats (the junkies, shady street dealers and other rip off artists) will multiply making Amsterdam even less safer...then the police will become more Gestapo like they are in the USA and less decent, fair and polite (or less Politie) as they are now.

It's not going to happen, but if they banned alcohol sales (instead of ganja) to non-Dutch visitors, then the night streets of Amsterdam would become a much safer and nicer place.

The Brits and usually the Yanks together are the biggest group of assholes as a whole in Amsterdam. Just look at what a joke the cannabis cup has become, nothing but a Steven Hagar freak show:moon::moon: . Now go to Prague or Barcelona and you will see the proper way to educate people about the joys of Marijuana. The last week of November should be for Americans to stay home for Thanksgiving not running around the 'Dam like a bunch of high times puppets. Jon 54 :woohoo::woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts