What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fadetoclear

we have an heirloom strain down here in the south that has been known as "roadkill" for generations. it is a very old school roadkill skunk crossed to an equally pissy SSH strain. it produces thick buds that pack on serious resin and require EXTRA odor control.

i have a bunch of beans i've been trying to work into a breeding line. it's tough trying to find the most rank, roadkill, catpiss odor when they almost all REEK.

there are a number of "roadkill" or "catpiss" skunk varieties that have circulated around the southeast for ages.

F

fadetoclear

lol. you say that but the odor profile of actual "skunk spray" is a lot more complicated than people think. real skunk spray has a very acidic, acrid odor.

skunk cannabis, though often similar, very rarely exhibits the true range of "skunk spray". even the most rancid skunk crosses only favor real skunk spray nominally.

that being said, there definitely are one or two heirloom skunk varieties that have been bred for their intense odor. the "roadkill" strain i mentioned above i'm working on has all the odor profile of a roadkill skunk but the SSH cut used actually adds an extra layer of rancid roadkill. that's why it's kept the name "roadkill" instead of "roadkill skunk".

darkvade420

picture.php

Here is a pic of this strain this guy calls kong and dam this shit doesnt smell like a skunk that im used to smelling when i drive by the valley roads this shit is terreble smells and taste the same excact way as that dam stink bomb skunk that sprayed my house last winter that shit was bad. fuckin trippy head high.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol. you say that but the odor profile of actual "skunk spray" is a lot more complicated than people think. real skunk spray has a very acidic, acrid odor.

skunk cannabis, though often similar, very rarely exhibits the true range of "skunk spray". even the most rancid skunk crosses only favor real skunk spray nominally.

that being said, there definitely are one or two heirloom skunk varieties that have been bred for their intense odor. the "roadkill" strain i mentioned above i'm working on has all the odor profile of a roadkill skunk but the SSH cut used actually adds an extra layer of rancid roadkill. that's why it's kept the name "roadkill" instead of "roadkill skunk".

totally man

my dog just got slimed by a skunk. worst chem smell ever

i think the word raod kill was used becuase exposed to light and air, the ooze dries fast, leaving a more "weed" smell then a real wet skunk spray smell.

either way. gotta love that dried up skunk ass in the air aroma.

this thread should be dead once some testers get found :)

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Am I the only whacko that rolls down the window and takes a big whiff when they drive by a dead skunk in the road? :biglaugh:

how something so nasty can smell so wonderful is beyond me.

sdd420

Veteran
Yep I do too but it might be weed not a skunk your smelling haha stop by and say hello and smoke a fat one

sdd420

Veteran
View Image
Here is a pic of this strain this guy calls kong and dam this shit doesnt smell like a skunk that im used to smelling when i drive by the valley roads this shit is terreble smells and taste the same excact way as that dam stink bomb skunk that sprayed my house last winter that shit was bad. fuckin trippy head high.

Nice nugs man!

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I just realized something the other day; skunks only live in North America. This might be why no European seedbank has ever been successful in producing a real RKS.

Am I the only whacko that rolls down the window and takes a big whiff when they drive by a dead skunk in the road? :biglaugh:
Always catch that whiff at first before the smell over takes your nose was the smell of the skunk I remember. Funny that darkvade420 picture has some of that teletale plate leaf on his nugs and that is similar to what the Southeastern pa skunk bud looked like, just more plate leaf. It had that smell of the first hint a skunk was hit and you know it smell. It was afghani skunk and not the stuff the seed banks had back then. Much more indica than sativa in looks with a kick ass high.

So a quick question about why no one has taken the 3 supposed genetics and tried to remake the skunk if it was Col gold X Afghani X Al Gold?
The genetics from Afghanistan already around should be able to give you something similar. That is why I believe the RKS was more a pure Afghani skunk than the three way hybrid. At least the one they refer to as RKS. Believe they still might exist somewhere in Afghanistan if you find the right genetics.

S

sourpuss

Wow, these forums have some big time breeders checking them out. Sam the skunkman, creator of skunk number 1???? Amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts