What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellabella

Really miss the old school skunk. In socal we had two strains called "emphysema" and another called "glaucoma" that absolutely reeked....have found that the emphysema is still floating around in OC and LA but the club never responded when i tried joining. Would appreciate if anyone knows details on genetics

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Sam

Was the Sk you sold Nevil before or after you did your selection grows in Holland ?
Not too many reports of RKS from Nevil I can recall .

He did say an Affie he got from the USA was more skunky than the stuff he had .
My theory is it was some thing from your work in the USA before you went to Holland .
He used that Affie to make the Super SK .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
@ hashmasta............I personally preferred the sat skanker ..........but yes the ghani invasion brought about some excellent examples of true roadkill........more on the coarse side vs the higher % sat examples of previous yrs..........but never the less made for great F1 hyb's...........

Best to all in the quest.............

ganj on..................

Madjag

Veteran
Some discussion before suggested that Colombian Gold may have brought the Skunk aromas, but have to concur with those who refuted it. I grew some Hz x Acapulco Gold that had the typical Skunk smell, which suggests to me that the AG may be the major contributor to the skunky aroma...

Bushy, I agree.

My best friend from 1973 to 1984 was a Colombian native who was deep in the business. I sampled all sorts of the best varieties that Colombia had to offer and never had one that I would call "skunky" like SK#1 exhibited. Pungent, yes, way out pungent in certain lines. Some Colombian herb was so pungent that it reeked right through the cellophane wrappers and filled a room.

In 1979 when I met Rob Clarke and smelled the original Skunk #1, I realized why it had that name. No doubt about it - I smelled a skunk in the house.....

jedi5891

I've got some ugorg #1 in full swing now. This is an original 1980s skunk#1 cross of Exodous cheese and blues/livers, both UK clone only strains. This for sure reminds me of the old school skunk, I'm only into week 6 bloom an she sure is stinking with that acrid penatrating smell that clings to your clothes etc. One of the phenos smells a bit sweeter so a blues/livers leaning pheno, the other 2 have the real deal smell imho. I've also got an exodous psychosis clone only girl in week 6. She is also an original skunk#1 pheno from back in the day. It's my 1st go with this legend so not too sure on finale aroma. At the moment she has very similar terpin profile to the ugorg #1, just a bit sweeter imo. I've heard psychosis 😈 can smell stronger than the exodus cheese. My plan is to cross the psychosis 😈 to an ugorg #1 male that I've collected pollen from. She needs more vigor for sure.
So people if your looking for some original skunk funk then ugorg #1 wouldn't be a bad choice at all. You'll defo find a keeper in a pack. Very uniform, Christmas tree shape growth with almost horizontal branching. Good stretch easy to grow and stink stink stink pukka. I hear under ground original seeds smelly berry is also top shelf skunk funk.
Peace
Namaste

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
As i understand it, Sam started selecting towards the sweeter version "pretty much right away", and was doing so starting in around 1976-1977, then for a few years but not in huge numbers yet, until around 83-84, when he went to Holland and did the large plant growouts and selected furthermore towards the sweetest selections.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran

All the info for you to put together a real understanding of what actually GW developed and own is out in the pubic domain. You just haven't put any effort into educating yourself on the topic.

-Chimera

You often come across seeming as if your nose is firmly pointed up in the air.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hey broz, even if the CBD hype and pursuit quest impoverishes the cannabis genpool in my opinion i think it is not too late to study and select THCV n co in the RKS or SK1! Industry n business will move around i think, not to mention terpenes interactions of course! Peace

Betterhaff

Veteran
This made me think of this thread. I drove over a dead skunk this morning, I didn't hit it but it went right under my car. Must have been freshly hit though because I had the heater/defroster on and immediately my car was infused with penetrating skunk stench. It was raining so I could only vent the windows so much...but man. I've had pets sprayed before but that was a while ago so I kind of forgot how strong and penetrating the odor was.

There was no rotten meat smell (it was a fresh kill) but the penetrating nature was amazing. When I got to my destination the stench followed me. I sat down and thought...that's some powerful stuff. Hours later I could still smell it on my jacket.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
170 pages later, topics all over the place... and no one can say they have it. Or as far as I can tell... there is some information in this thread, and a lot of babble.

Besides, whoever started the thread back in 2006 is long gone...

If this subject is of such undying interest, please begin a new thread, and keep the discussion on track specifically to this strain and discuss other issues elsewhere.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.