What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently gifted some old beans of what I was told is Skunk#2. My buddies uncle grew some of them outdoors back in the early/mid 80's and he gave me 15 seeds that he has had in the freezer since 1987. He said he got them from Sams seed company through a seedbank mailorder and remembers the packaging it came in. I have talked to a few of the oldtimers that tried their old harvests and they said it was really stinky/skunky and tall with Sativa leaves, had as awesome oldschool Sativa high also. I was just wondering if anyone has any info about what I may have? It sounds like something really interesting and any info you folks could help out with would be much appreciated.

TPFTFW

Veteran
authentic heirloom 86' skunk 1

epitome of sweet HASHY skunk goodness.. by no means is she RKS.. but i hope MAYBE S1's will find me something similar to rks as its unwatered down genes and it may be on the tip of the tongue so to say. shes a stretcher fer sure and heady for days.. one of the few buds ive smoked than when burned makes the room smell exactly like the bud smells before hand.. like EXACTLY. ill run thru a whole buncha S1's n hope to get lucky.. shes getting so damn old that she just wants to flower and die already it seems.. wants to flip if the light blinks..

bigherb

Veteran
authentic heirloom 86' skunk 1
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44153&pictureid=1059421&]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44153&pictureid=1059422&]View Image[/url]

epitome of sweet HASHY skunk goodness.. by no means is she RKS.. but i hope MAYBE S1's will find me something similar to rks as its unwatered down genes and it may be on the tip of the tongue so to say. shes a stretcher fer sure and heady for days.. one of the few buds ive smoked than when burned makes the room smell exactly like the bud smells before hand.. like EXACTLY. ill run thru a whole buncha S1's n hope to get lucky.. shes getting so damn old that she just wants to flower and die already it seems.. wants to flip if the light blinks..

I cant see the pics ,Which id Really love too

Hash An Skunk is Always welcome in my jar

Best of luck with those S1's

1luvbigherb

TPFTFW

Veteran
I cant see the pics ,Which id Really love too

Hash An Skunk is Always welcome in my jar

Best of luck with those S1's

1luvbigherb
i went thru and made the album public so it should be able to be seen now.. i thought even if a album was private if u linked it folks could still see it

bigherb

Veteran
I was recently gifted some old beans of what I was told is Skunk#2. My buddies uncle grew some of them outdoors back in the early/mid 80's and he gave me 15 seeds that he has had in the freezer since 1987. He said he got them from Sams seed company through a seedbank mailorder and remembers the packaging it came in. I have talked to a few of the oldtimers that tried their old harvests and they said it was really stinky/skunky and tall with Sativa leaves, had as awesome oldschool Sativa high also. I was just wondering if anyone has any info about what I may have? It sounds like something really interesting and any info you folks could help out with would be much appreciated.

Im interested what can Sams tell us about the Skunk#2 ,maybe you should PM him he is active recently

If I recall seeing a Red hair mexican Pheno offered, not sure why I think it was IN relation to the Sk#2

Best wishes with those seeds an i hope you keep us posted

1luvbigherb

darkvade420

man I love how every dispencery offers skunkweed, to bad none of them even smell anything like skunk.and if you ask them about it they make fun of you and tell you that weed that smells like a skunk would be so bad and nobody would want it.im kinda sick of people who work for dispenceries that just started smoking the shit last month who don't know anything about weed.:ying:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so, is euphoria from dp an rks?

the creation date coupled with description seems like it?

med-man

J

Junkhead

I'm just finishing up ten Skunk1 courtesy of Seedsman, hoping they would be closest to the original Sacred Seeds/CC version. I did find one female that just reeked of nasty funk. It was not sweet at all although some other phenos were.

I felt like posting this just so people could know that its not just all sweet smells in skunk line. The plant one was of the more indica leaning of the bunch. Fastfinish, nice structure, vigorous, and the buds were tight and covered in resin. I was satisfied with the ten pack kept a male made some crosses. Gonna grow and check a few of them see if I can tell some of what he's passing on.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys, i am not tryna spam to sell seeds, but am looking for testers for some real sour skunk: road kill.

sorry ahead of time to any members or mods if i am breaking any rules, but i sent in quite a bit, and need to make a list for big c.

thanks

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont want to clutter this thread up either. anyone can pm please

thanks

med-man

A friend use to grow lots of Skunk bud outdoors in Honeybrook PA out by the Amish farms in the 80's and 90's. The strain was what everyone would immediatly refer to as skunk bud. I once bet a buddy a quarter that he wouldn't walk through a retention pond in the middle of winter. Sucker stripped down to his boxers for the bud. It was freezing outside but he did it for a quarter of this green. A friend who use to help trim up at harvest time was gifted a foot and a half long women beater that weighed one and three quarters oz from one trim session. At the time it was the best weed you could get. Still believe it would give most stuff today a run for it's money. The strain was of Afghani origin by way of Cali and is what most referred to as skunk bud or now as rks.

This was different from what was becomming available from The seed bank(Mex Alp gold X Columbian gold X Afghani) and Super sativa seed club (Columbian Gold X Thai X Afghani) in 1985. The 2 seed banks had different skunks. But Skunk bud at the time did not come from those seed banks and I believe is the Afghani variety everyone referred to as Skunk Bud. Two years later Afghani #1 made a round but was completely different from the original Afghani skunk bud. Sadely the grower lost the battle over 20K and the following year was caught walking out with trash bags at 5:30 in the morning. That was in 93 and the last time it was seen. In 89 some of the seeds were in his crop and I had one outdoors that was 8 ft across but only 5 ft tall. Like a wall of bud with many tops. You couldn't get into an elevator with any amount of this stuff on you without everyone knowing someone had it.

The person who suggested it was an afghani I would say you are more correct about it's origins than any of the sweet skunk varieties the seed banks carried even as far back as 1985. The skunk bud we had did not come from the seed banks because it was already around at that time. And I would bet most of what people refer to as skunk bud is the Afghani in question. A friend did have some about 2 years ago and I begged him for just a little but he didn't have much to spare but sadly that was the last time I have had the pleasure to smoke it. I do believe Maser to be a great place to start the search.
Hope that helps.

The one thing that this original skunk bud was known for was the plate leaf on the bud and is one sure way to tell if what you have is the original. Old skool skunk bud had large green plate leaf that was covered in crystals and the hairs were red. That is how you could always tell if it was the original real RKS was buy the tell tale large green plate leaf and of course the smell was the dead giveaway.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have been told a similar story.

guy named batt-man in quebec siad road kill was grown in fields from seed from afghanistan. called it "braodleaf".

only place i get confused is i got road kill that came in huge, elongated white buds. very mexican and or tahi influence for sure.

kush back then was refered to as "afghani", and there was a afghani road kill probably used in the skunk #1 program. real typical kush, viney, trainwrecky, rasberry buds. i as well got to sample that rks as well.

med-man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts