What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
So does your cut have the smell already? I heard from a friend that grew it years ago said it had the skunk smell as soon as it sprouted from seed. I don't know if there is any truth to this, but judging how strong the smell was I could see it being very possible, and I know for a fact he grew out the RKS in the early 90's as he is the one who had clones for sale. How does she smell at the moment?

TGT

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Fun stuff going on in here! One year a guy tells me he has some old ghani seeds. He opens a tin and inside are the largest grey seeds Ive ever seen. A word escaped me...WOW! Problem was they were to old..non poped!

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i havent noticed a smell, but i have seen that a few times with other strains. sometimes strains put out some early resin right as they are born it seems.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hashmasta-Kut said:
heres a picture of the last rks i had...

851skunkngone_sob.jpg

anyone else have any RKS pics? i doubt it. havent seen any..

and here is my new seedling(late flower selfed RKS). i estimate the seed was from around 1990-1995.

851skunkseedmar8th2008_1024.jpg

Well, I can say for sure that the photo is not my Skunk #1 that was RKS before coming to the Netherlands and I made it sweeter. Maybe a hybrid?

Hashmasta-Kut said:
i know, i find this bizarre... as you say the terpenes in RKS were amazing, and known to be beyond compare by all the people who i knew who got to smoke it (hundreds at least). so to hear sam and others say it wasnt all that, dont stress that its gone, the sweet skunk is much more preferred, seems like sheer lunacy.

but i am happy now, as i finally have some old RKS seeds i hunted for, for years. good buddy found his stash of about 5-600. mine now ~(';")~ :muahaha:

Actually what I said is that it was not all that for me and my friends that prefered the sweet version, they prefer up highs to couchlock. Everyone has different tastes in Cannabis, that is one of the things that makes Cannabis so fun. I mean lets be honest, wouldn't it be a real drag if all the Cannabis was RKS? I enjoy diversity.
What I find hard to believe is that if RKS was so great, that not a single one of the RKS devotees cared enough to save a clone.... unbelievable!

Hashmasta-Kut said:
i havent noticed a smell, but i have seen that a few times with other strains. sometimes strains put out some early resin right as they are born it seems.

My Skunk#1 RKS smelled right from the git, pre flowering was not as strong a smell, but it was RKS from the git. And it stank forever, I could smell it from blocks away, from a small outdoor grow or even from an indoor grow. Made problems for the growers with neighbors etc.

Anyway now all you RKS folks can stop sending me PM's to please reintroduce RKS, just send them to Hashmasta-Kut from now on, he is the man with the interest in developing RKS, not me, to be honest.
All the best,
-SamS

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
we all know you have no interest. you made that clear years ago. i dunno what fools keep pming you about that :D . i know for sure that that plant i pictured was a cutting from a cutting etc, from the plants we got in 1980 from cali, and it was the hellishly stinky shit. no matter how many bags you put it in - one guy said his kid was smoking it in his house all furious, but he had it triple bagged and hadnt smoked any. it lost a lot of the reek over the 20 years of cloning. also not very vigorous. not sure what happened to it. it definitely was still awesome, but not super stinky anymore, or hardy.
in my area its my fault that all my friends who were still growing that old clone stopped, as i turned them all onto butane oil, and all of a sudden they could get high enough off of lots of strains, not just skunk. sad, but true. when i wanted to go grab a skunk to breed some vigor into it, all my friends said they had recently stopped keeping it going( like within 6 months i missed it :( ).

i have no interest in developing it, just growing and smoking it. i have grown quite a few of these late flower skunk seeds before, and they have quite a variety to them. in about 1988 i grew 13 outside, and i thought there was like easily 5 phenos. hopefully i can get a few more to sprout well. there was some interesting diversity.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
What I find hard to believe is that if RKS was so great, that not a single one of the RKS devotees cared enough to save a clone.... unbelievable!

really , think hard on this. this is really straightforward. how can countless people in dozens of threads rave about this legend, and be out to lunch? i have seen so many people say its the best weed they have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and also on the internet we find this to be the case as well. i told you what happened to our clone stock, i have no idea what happened to others. i assume many got busted due to the reek. i have heard thats one of the main reasons it hasnt survived... too damn stinky, and too many pigs.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I also sold Skunk #1 X Afghani #1 seeds pre 1980, maybe it is that? Let me smell the buds and I bet I could tell. But it is not pure Skunk #1. Maybe a hybrid?

-SamS

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
for you maybe. i'll be happy most likely. regardless of sams opinion on my pictures, my peeps know the awesomeness that was this strain. this was the skunk in b.c. for 2 decades.

G

Did anyone ever have a catalogue of a seed company that offered Road Kill Skunk?
And this thread is quite long, but is there any authentic pictures of RKS?

B

Brother_Monk

Hashmasta-Kut said:
i have no idea what happened to others. i assume many got busted due to the reek. i have heard thats one of the main reasons it hasnt survived... too damn stinky, and too many pigs.
Was this before, or after activated carbon/ozone was used? I know that stink would be locked down in my garden today:D(Hopefully) I'd sure be willing to give it a whirl.

BG is gunna be starting up a thread here shortly. The RKS is in good hands. T2U did a little test run, of a few seeds. His findings were very promising. Here are a few phenos from his batch of RKS beans.

8339rks_4_weeks_1-med.JPG

8339rks_4_weeks_2-med.JPG

8339rks_4_weeks_3-med.JPG

8339rks_4_weeks_4-med.JPG

8339rks_4_weeks_5-med.JPG

8339rks_4_weeks_6-med.JPG

8339rks_4_weeks_7_and_8-med.JPG

Hope you don't mind me using these pics buddy. You posted them in my HTC skunk thread. Gimme a shout if you want me to take 'em down.

They look eerily similar to what I used to grow back in 1984. Pictures are hard to judge by, as we all know. So I can't really tell, until I get hold of a few testers myself. He reported some stank ass smells coming from a few individual males as well. That's what really has me excited. BG promised me a bunch of the first round seeds to give a try. Good luck to all who are interested in bringing back this most awesome expression of cannabis. It will be done, sooner or later.

:ying:

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hashmasta-Kut said:
for you maybe. i'll be happy most likely. regardless of sams opinion on my pictures, my peeps know the awesomeness that was this strain. this was the skunk in b.c. for 2 decades.

I am sure the plants are the greatest for you, and I respect your choice. I was only referring to the photos not looking like pure Skunk #1, not to their quality in anyway.

-SamS

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i was talking to pirate138 sam. in regards to what you said, it would make sense it was a cross to something like afghani, as back around 85 or so there was 2 types of the super stinky skunk variety. we only had the origional clone we got a hold of, but someone else had stuff that smelled prettty much the same, was very similar in stone, but definitely was way more sativa in structure as i recall. we didnt see much of it, but it was a less dense fluffier bud. was the skunk 1 afghani cross, a tight dense nugget?

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
I am sure the plants are the greatest for you, and I respect your choice. I was only referring to the photos not looking like pure Skunk #1, not to their quality in anyway.

-SamS

yes the skunk we had since 1980 was the best pot according to all who smoked it , but i dont think the seeds i grow will be quite so superb. i never saw any pheno in seeds i grew of it years ago that were as good as the mom. still i long for that old skunky terpene, and should get at least some of that goodness coming my way.

G

mmmmmm, roadkill, sounds delightful. Thanks for all the info peeps, watching with interest! :rasta:

Guest423

Veteran
whoa that was wierd....i was scrolling through and seen them plant pics bro monk posted and was like they look just like the rks i was growing....well i guess they do look like mine cause they were lol...i don't mind you posting them bro.

the indica dom ones were the ones that stunk like skunk....1 of the sativa doms smelled just like a peach jolly rancher.

where is BG? we need to do some catchin up!

B

Brother_Monk

Time2Unite said:
where is BG? we need to do some catchin up!
I dunno.....ain't seen for three weeks. Maybe getting that big grow set up, and no time to post. I hope he's ok. I'll be around after midnights(EST). I'll see you in chat.

:ying:

Status
Not open for further replies.