What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesChong

It sure would be nice to see the tread get back on course. Last time I checked. The thread was about the Road Kill Skunk. Also, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Time2unite. Hasn't been logged in since 12/31. Now, that's a long time for him. I sure do hope he's doing well and fine, because. He was nice enough to start this thread and I surely would hate to see him return and this thread is all trash with shit. Or, even worst. Close, because of member sling shit at each other.

Who care's about RM or where he got his seeds. The bickering isn't good for the thread. As for those wanting to know the results of Time2units plants he was working on. He told me VIA pm. That he had a couple of good phenos and there was some good plants. He had a nice male and some good females, but had some issues. Now, I'm hoping that he will return soon. Then he can fill in all the blanks. One thing is for sure. I do still have a nice amount of those seeds I sent him and will be running them "ALL". I will keep only the best stinky ass males and females and make more seeds.

Then will see where the F2's goes, but I know of another member that is working with some other seeds from another source. Reports are really good, but still waiting. I sure do how you members chill with the fussing. It's not good at all.
Take care,
BG

LORD BENIS

JamesChong said:
I'm still waiting to see someone to produce a plant. I know there are a few working on it. Sure will be nice when she appears again. Wish the best to everyone working on the project. Take care and get back to work. lolol
Later,
BG
:yeahthats
I'm gonna be starting my search soon. Being gifted some Indian landrace seeds, 3 diffrent types.

G

mofeta said:
You're joking, right? Show me ONE of his posts that is exceptional, or even one with some original info in it.

Are you a politician? Your smear techniques remind me of the worst of American politics. "There is no doubt.." about Reef's integrity because guys like you like to fling shit at him? No matter how many times you repeat a lie, it does not become truth. If there is no doubt, how about some proof instead of your swiftboating?

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about. I've got seeds from Reef from over 10 years ago, and he had been at it for a quite a while then.

Don't judge others by your own measure. Just because you couldn't do it doesn't mean someone else couldn't. You do know that Reef's old operation in BC consisted of over 80KW of indoor, several 1000ft2 greenhouses and acres of outdoor plantings, don't you?

Once again, you judge an exceptional man by your own unexceptional personal standards. Just because you are unable to put out an exceptional effort, and get exceptional results, doesn't mean that someone else couldn't. Surely.

Who doesn't? Whether it is the work of an indiginous people, or a surfer from California, you have to get it from someone. Who do you know that conjures up plants from thin air? The thing that sets Reef apart is that he lets you know where he got it.

You obviously don't get it. Have you ever smoked Kali Mist? How about Kali's Bliss? They could be indistinguishable for all you know. People who like Kali Mist only like Simon's "true Kali Mist"? What, do their brain cells and tastebuds ask for a certificate from Simon or something? Anyway, he doesn't call it Kali Mist, he calls it Kali's Bliss, a clever name that shows that it is not Kali Mist, but similar. What's misleading about that?

"..it's pedigree is kept a secret." How do you know where the genetics came from then? Is Simon one of those "out of thin air" breeders? You imply you've been around the boards along time. Do you remember back on OG how Reef had to tell people not to tell the "Kali Mist story" anymore? Some folks thought it was curious that Kali Mist was introduced not too long after Emery gifted/traded/sold some of Reef's lines to some Dutch breeders, and that Kali Mist was very similar in some ways to Reef's Cambodian, which happened to be one of the lines Emery had introduced to Europe. Reef himself said from the beginning that there was no proof that his Cambo had been used and pleaded with people not to speculate on the matter. I don't know where Simon got the genetics for Kali Mist. Neither do you. All I know is that I have smoked both, and they are VERY similar, but I liked Reef's better.

Reef obtained his Cambodian line over 10 years ago, personally, in Cambodia, and has been working on it ever since. We're talking like F20 or so. He pulled it off in the facilities in BC that I mentioned before. If you really want to know how, go over to Reef's site and ask him. He is real open about his breeding techniques, and has an encyclopedic memory of all the work he has done in the past couple decades.

So what. Reef is one of the few.

You aren't making any sense here at all. What's wrong with F1s?

So you've smoked Manga Haze and didn't like it? By the way, notice how Reef was completely up front about the lineage of this cross, like he always is.

How do you know it's not? Just because you express incredulity doesn't make it not so. You remind me of my kids when they were little, refuting each others positions with the brilliant argument "OH YEAH..!"

You are unaware of the indica pheno of Kali Mist? Bummer for you.

No one, especially Reeferman, is stopping you from "wenting" to Serious Seeds and buying Kali Mist. In fact I encourage you to not buy from Reef, and go buy Simon's seeds. Please.

Reef has been very clear on the origins of his NL. It's very good. How's yours?

mofeta

All I can say about any of this is "LOL".

You can say whatever you like kid, that wont change the facts.

I have participated in taking the thread ofcourse slightly, but I will remain on topic from here on out. This is a good thread for sure.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Mofeta

Mofeta

This post I have edited because it serves no purpose. I attacked someone I do not know but I hate blind hero worship. I apologise to the thread starter for gaking up his tread with crap. FTC

Last edited:

Kaneh-Bosm

I dont post very often but all I want to know is where did Sam S post go? I believe it went something like

Hello Reeferman,
I figured it was something like that.
-SamS

Everyone remember it was right under mofeta's copy of what reeferman said....and those posts are missing to while we are on the subject. Hey Sam what do you have to say? It's your work, he claims to have got it from a friend of yours. He says it is, all these people say it isn't? Settle this once and for all.

joaquin386

Kaneh-Bosm said:
I dont post very often but all I want to know is where did Sam S post go? I believe it went something like

Hello Reeferman,
I figured it was something like that.
-SamS

Everyone remember it was right under mofeta's copy of what reeferman said....and those posts are missing to while we are on the subject. Hey Sam what do you have to say? It's your work, he claims to have got it from a friend of yours. He says it is, all these people say it isn't? Settle this once and for all.

Kaneh,

From here you can assume that they talk through phone or through a common friend and that was the reply from SamS for Reeferman to read it.

A

astra007

yes i just read that post in another thread. i lurk alot here, dont post much!
luv the information here from the "old school" breeders. rock on!

B

Brother_Monk

JamesChong said:
It sure would be nice to see the tread get back on course. Last time I checked. The thread was about the Road Kill Skunk. Also, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Time2unite. Hasn't been logged in since 12/31. Now, that's a long time for him. I sure do hope he's doing well and fine, because. He was nice enough to start this thread and I surely would hate to see him return and this thread is all trash with shit. Or, even worst. Close, because of member sling shit at each other.

Who care's about RM or where he got his seeds. The bickering isn't good for the thread.
BG
100% agreed! Wassamatter?? You little kids afraid to bicker about this over in RM's forum? The point is MUTE! Why don't you take it over to PG where you kinder gardeners belong. Or better yet...grow some balls and take it to Reeferman himself.

:ying:

ilife

Brother_Monk said:
100% agreed! Wassamatter?? You little kids afraid to bicker about this over in RM's forum? The point is MUTE! Why don't you take it over to PG where you kinder gardeners belong. Or better yet...grow some balls and take it to Reeferman himself.

Brother Monk: Tell Reeferman GATO says Hello.

iLiFE

Jalisco Kid

I would like to apologize to Time2unite for gaking up his thread with useless trivial crap that had nothing to do with herb. I jumped on a bandwagon like a shark feeding frenzy.I also used a name we use to discuss buckets I did not realize when I posted that thread I signed in under another name. I was not trying to hide behind another avatar.If you look at FTC I am told I sometimes sign off with JK.I am not a troller and usually even though I disagree with someone I do it politely.
I remember when this all got started down in Bub's place. It is hard to believe it has been about a year and no one has uncovered RKS yet.Harder to believe it disappeared so quick to sissy fruity dutch weed. Let that be a warning not to hoard strains, they should be pasted around freely and for free.
Again I want to apologize to the community for being a dick,no not for being a dick but for acting like one because like my ole lady tells me I will always be a dick. Suerte JK
One more thing. People here have complained about what they get out of 10 seeds or so. If you want a KEEPER you have to germinate some beans. Its like buying the lotto,if you germ 3 beans you need some luck thrown in. I feel you would have better luck going in with some friends and buy 50 or more and then share the prize. I do not care if they are reefs rezs or tom hill's(my hero)

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
AnatomiclySound said:
Bluebeard is one of the more exceptional posters on this forum. There is no doubt about the fact Reeferman is a suspect breeder, anyone who doubts that is probably new to forums or has some kind of personal interest in the manner. ...
:muahaha:

You are funny. Lucky for some of us that Reefs is still here....Nark Emery tried to get him busted. One of the true breeders who explores land race strains and helps to make them available to the public. Ace and Cannobio are others I consider true breeders.

And yes I have purchased and grown his gear. I would go back for more.

Back to RKS..... Limey green and selling for $250 QP in Texas in the mid 80s'

G

It is interesting to note that nobody has came up with even a picture of the Road Kill Skunk. I firmly believe there are numerous varietys who have been labeled RKS, and that it has alot more to do with characteristics of the marijuana themselves than an actual 'strain'.

So lets talk IFS:

What if the varietys labeled RKS are infact named such because of the strong odor these varietys have? Another poster mentioned quite some time ago that alot of marijuana plants have a rank, foul skunk smell to them. Does it take Einstien to associate those characteristics as 'like a road kill skunk'?

At some point the term had to have been coined for a certain variety, there is always going to be a first. But like we see in the White Widow hype, several varietys that have a resinated appearance or are just flat out powerful are called White Widow for various reasons. Mainly to hype the variety/herb up to sell. This is also the case with G13, where a variety that is pretty darn potent is labeled with a generic term in order to move the variety easier. So if we have a variety(s) that have unusually strong odors is it truely that far out of the realm of possibility they are labeled RKS? There are infinite varietys of cannabis that have a very strong Skunk odor. This characteristic is often associated with Afghanis and Kush varietys, which can be rather powerful in terms of odor. It doesnt seem to me to be too far off the road of reality to label a variety with this kind of Odor skunk. The varietys smell like a skunk, and its only natural to call that variety skunk weed if another name isnt already attached to the variety. And even when there is another name attached to the variety, its definitely possible for it to smell very skunky.

So in short I dont think its unheard of to generically label varietys who smell skunky skunk. Road kill has a very unpleasant smell, who among us would argue that? So its quite possible there are alot of RKS varietys out there, not just one single variety making its way around the country.

Just a thought.

B

Brother_Monk

I agree too...as there are many varieties that have the skunky pheno. I'm not sure that you can pick one strain, that has a skunky smell, and just call it RKS.

What I'm curious to find out tho, is how much more difficult it would be, to isolate the phenos of smell and taste RKS. Because one variety of, oh lets say afghani, may have several different combinations of phenos. You cannot call it RKS, because of the variations. If the traits were isolated, and inbred to smell and taste like RKS, you would have a winner.Breeders have been isolating phenos for decades. But do they ever try to isolate the smells? Or, are those traits just a second thought, for the goal of the breeding project? Perhaps this trait is not as desirable as potency and yield. Some of us beg to differ. I would give up a little on the latter, to gain more, in the former.

We are the ones who failed. By not holding on to these genes for further exploration, we failed. In the mid/late 80's, if I knew there would be such interest in this smell, I would not have thrown away all those seeds from my outdoor skunks. It was just so common back then, none of us really knew what we were throwing away. Ehh....youth is wasted on the young.

And when the dutch got their hands on it, they were probably revolted by the smell. Fruity was the goal back then. After all, they must have been sick of their own lemon herb by then. So, the Dutch failed as well. Add to that, the security risk of having a dead skunk in your house, filling up the surrounding neighborhood with that beautiful smell....fast forward to today, when we all want what we can't have. A stable RKS IBL. It's still out there, buried in some afghan kusk diesel mexi thai whatever. The quest continues.

J

JamesChong

Brother_Monk said:
I agree too...as there are many varieties that have the skunky pheno. I'm not sure that you can pick one strain, that has a skunky smell, and just call it RKS.

What I'm curious to find out tho, is how much more difficult it would be, to isolate the phenos of smell and taste RKS. Because one variety of, oh lets say afghani, may have several different combinations of phenos. You cannot call it RKS, because of the variations. If the traits were isolated, and inbred to smell and taste like RKS, you would have a winner.Breeders have been isolating phenos for decades. But do they ever try to isolate the smells? Or, are those traits just a second thought, for the goal of the breeding project? Perhaps this trait is not as desirable as potency and yield. Some of us beg to differ. I would give up a little on the latter, to gain more, in the former.

We are the ones who failed. By not holding on to these genes for further exploration, we failed. In the mid/late 80's, if I knew there would be such interest in this smell, I would not have thrown away all those seeds from my outdoor skunks. It was just so common back then, none of us really knew what we were throwing away. Ehh....youth is wasted on the young.

And when the dutch got their hands on it, they were probably revolted by the smell. Fruity was the goal back then. After all, they must have been sick of their own lemon herb by then. So, the Dutch failed as well. Add to that, the security risk of having a dead skunk in your house, filling up the surrounding neighborhood with that beautiful smell....fast forward to today, when we all want what we can't have. A stable RKS IBL. It's still out there, buried in some afghan kusk diesel mexi thai whatever. The quest continues.

Very good post. I would have to agree. From strains I've worked on. I notice the male to pass on the smell and taste with mine, but I'm just at the beginning stages of breeding. I know for a fact. A Thai male I use, have passed on a cherry tasting and smell on to two different crosses, so that helps me with my projects.

The seeds are around and I'm sure cuts as well. Allot of grower's don't come online, so there are a good amount of grower's that might not know they have a germ or a germ that everyone wants.

I'll be starting a thread asap. Once I get setup, then everyone can jump in and watch and give their own opion on my project. Should be fun for all and I'm sure the pheno's are in these seeds. Just a maker of time and growing.

NO, I won't be selling these. Once we find some good parents. I'll make seeds and send a bunch into Dutch and they will be given away as freebies to all. T2U, had some good results with these seeds and it looks very good for what we are after. I have plenty of seeds to find a bunch of good parents, so half the battle is over. I'll leave the testing up to the grower's.

Take care and I hope there are others out their with their own projects. This is something that must be found. I surely miss puffing on American Skunk, RKS.
Take care,
BG

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Well said BM.......Im thinking Sensi seeds has a extensive collection of all the genetics theyve acquired threw the years. Its in some ones hands no doubt. I also like the idea of breeding to that end. As it is what the dutch done...breed the sk right out of what ever they got there hands on. Me my self dont care for the sweet taste smell its so common. Mostly american genetics for me ...except for a few of esbes lines and a couple of Seriouse Seed products.

Status
Not open for further replies.