What's new

The ReishiArium

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I still have one that I am not sure about but think it could be a girl. The 4 boys have been moved to their own room and just had their first 12 hours of night.

AND I found some more mites on two plants that I removed from the room with the intent of culling them(These two where not any of the seedlings), this means its time to kill the bugs again.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
So, when I transplanted the girls, I had all intention on making sure I re-labeled the new pots that they went into, well I forgot and only a few got labeled.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Day three of 12.25h/11.75h (12.25hour day), well might call it day two cause the room light got left on the day the timer was switched.

its hard to get a full picture of them due to size and I need to go and trim the under growth again.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
getting close to week 6 and I am thinking about making another room as I have one light boxed up and not being used.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
In one room, I did. now in the other I have some other kind of insect thats infesting my veg room and I'm not sure of what they are, but they are not spider mites...they are about as wide as a vein on a leaf and about 4 to 5 time longer than wide and their body is white.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I most likely will go with a mixed solution of neem, SM-90, and dish soap. A couple rounds of that should do the trick.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
here we have 4 double dutch cuttings at day 5

picture.php

Day 8

picture.php

picture.php

The first 5 days the light cycle was 14/10

On day 6 the timer had 20 minutes removed from its on time for the light. I will continue to reduce the lights on time over the next week or two

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Why yes, that is a Stanley blower fan. It keeps plenty of air moving to keep everything cool under the 1000w. I have had other fans crap out on me after a few months, and I've had stanley fans that are still going after 5-6 years and they give me way more air movement then what I could get with many house fans and it only take up a little space.

The Light Cycle, I think it could have an effect but I'm not sure which effect that it will be. In the "wild" the day light hours get longer and shorter and longer and shorter again. I have flowered plants with 13 hours on and 11 off, and I think I may have done a white rhino grow at 14/10 (might have been 13.5/10.5). So if they also react to the light getting less and less over so many days, besides the light being 12/12, and thus it simulates a more "natural" light cycle change or it should be more natural like. It always seams that it takes about 2 weeks for them (the plants) to start flowering and as a result they are still it a semi-veg state up until about the 14th day. So a little extra energy could go a long way during that time.

So I think that I can get a couple more days worth of lighting hours in in the first couple of weeks of flowering.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats the best part about growing to me,its my room,i get to run it the way i see fit...

if you ran each cycle for a longer period it seems like you could find the ideal trigger point for a single strain garden,it could be the strain you are growing would flower just fine under a 14/10 cycle instead of 12/12 and those 2 extra hours of light could add a substantial amount of flowering time over a full cycle...