What's new

The RDWC project.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
DIY chiller. I works great, but for how long. I only tested it with 6 gallons but it keeps temps down. I removed the humidity controller and bypassed the thermostat. The thermostat hooked right up to the wires the controller was on and it runs with the thermostat now. I can set the temp with a tiny screwdriver on the thermostat. Tell me what you think.

I think it is awesome, I assume you used an air conditioner? Would you mind detailing what you did? I have an ac in the window of my room now that I am going to replace and will need to build a chiller at some point.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
What wrong with these stems.

What wrong with these stems.

All of the seeds i started in the cloner have a very weak stem only on the bottom. What caused this?

greenwithenvy

Veteran
I think it is awesome, I assume you used an air conditioner? Would you mind detailing what you did? I have an ac in the window of my room now that I am going to replace and will need to build a chiller at some point.

It was actually a dehumidifier. Ill try and post more pics tomorrow. Its in place now.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Wilting leaves and no answer on the rotting looking stems

Wilting leaves and no answer on the rotting looking stems

The stems are rotting looking so i just moved them down on the neoprenes and two have wilty leaves but there still soft leaves . Everything is in the cloner and everything else in there is fine. Oh yea temp is 79 water temp is 75 and its all under a 400 watt mh. Ph is 5.5 - 6.0 Why are only two wilting and whats up with the stems? Thanks

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Are those little water droplets on top of your neoprene collars?

It looks like the stem is getting saturated with too much water, that same thing can happen when a stem is in a rapidrooter that stays totally saturated all the time.
Or that is my guess. That is the only time I have seen anything like that.

Otherwise I dunno.

Cloners can be money when they work right for you and suck when they don't.
You may want to run backup clones in rapidrooters or rockwool if this continues.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Well I put the 5 PPPs in a few days ago so I hope they dont do the same thing. There hasnt been much water on top of the neoprene's at all so I have no idea whats up with them. Why the wilting leaves on only two plants?

thegonz1

Check the sprayers and make sure none are clogged and make sure that the two wilted ones are getting hit. You want tons of DO when the roots are submerged. If the roots are already growing into the water, your air pump might not be gettin it done or maybe your 1 airstone isn't hitting those ones and you need more.

C

Casual

I had a very similar problem, my misters were too close to the pucks... they should be at least 6" below. If yours are 6" down, not sure then. Sure seems like they're saturated though.
I made my own aerocloner too, and had all kinds of issues. I got them worked out, but by that time, it was too late. One problem I had was water temp. Here are some pics of my mod. It looks ghetto, but works fantastic. With the fan running at 1/2 speed, it dropped my rez temp to 57f in a couple of hours. I wound up just leaving the fan off, and having the two vent tubes was enough for my water to stay at about 76-78f.
If you do something similar, and can make the fan completely variable so it'll run really slow, it'll work very well. Any kind of speed and it'll work too well. The fan was setup to pull air through the opposite tube, through the mist and then up out through the tube the fan is mounted on. Pulling the air through the mist cools it very quickly. It's the same principle that Evaporative coolers work on.

Caz

Attachments

• Cloner1.jpg
    Cloner1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Cloner_Fan.jpg
    Cloner_Fan.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Cloner_Inside_Lid.jpg
    Cloner_Inside_Lid.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Cloner_Intake.jpg
    Cloner_Intake.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 9

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Day one of flower in the RDWC.

Day one of flower in the RDWC.

Ok I was having some heat problems with the 1000w and now I got it under control after adding a stanley blower fan as my exhaust (Thanks ICMAG Forums). So last night late I started the 3 unknowns and 1 ICE I got from a buddy. I added the water and nutes to the controller and the controllers ph is 11.50 and the buckets read 2.75. Its been recirculating for 17 hours. Water temps @ 69 and room temp 80. Thanks GWE

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Wow your PH sounds all out of wack,how is it so different from the controller to the bucket? It all should be around 5.6-5.9PH right? Mine hangs out at 5.6PH controller/buckets,what size pump are you using to circulate the nutes?

Neo 420

Veteran
Ok I was having some heat problems with the 1000w and now I got it under control after adding a stanley blower fan as my exhaust (Thanks ICMAG Forums). So last night late I started the 3 unknowns and 1 ICE I got from a buddy. I added the water and nutes to the controller and the controllers ph is 11.50 and the buckets read 2.75. Its been recirculating for 17 hours. Water temps @ 69 and room temp 80. Thanks GWE

That is a definite issue! One of the main purposes of RDWC is the stability of ph and nutes throughout all rez's/sites. Sounds like circulation problems.

EDIT*
I went back through your post and it looks like you have a Eco plus 264 pump. If that is the pump you are using, you are WAY under spec. You should be looking at pumps between 500 to 900 GPH.

Last edited:

greenwithenvy

Veteran
So confused. The water moves through the system fine. I know its not as fast as some but it should have mixed together by now. 11ph in the controller and 2 in the buckets? Its the same pump that was used in the sticky in this forum by blazeoneup. I guess I will start over and flush and refill. What a wast of nutes.

Neo 420

Veteran
So confused. The water moves through the system fine. I know its not as fast as some but it should have mixed together by now. 11ph in the controller and 2 in the buckets? Its the same pump that was used in the sticky in this forum by blazeoneup. I guess I will start over and flush and refill. What a wast of nutes.

How close is your design to Blaze's? You have to take in consideration the length of all your lines, the return and send methods, etc.. Even with a slow pump you should have a consistent reading throughout after 11 hours. You may even have blockage somewhere. I was looking at your diagram and was trying to figure out where is this pump located in design?

I built the model in the pic, starting out with a 700gph pump and after running test, concluded I needed a bigger pump.

Neo 420

Veteran
I read through Blaze's setup and Blaze mentioned for a 8 bucket setup he recommended a 400gph pump but that may fail with his plumbing setup. Not sure if you have the same plumbing as his but I surely see the pump as your culprit. As a upside the faster the water rotation, the better the system handles internal heat.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn man, that sounds crazy that the ph could be that far off with each other.

Glad to see the 1000 watt'er fired up though.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Ok ive done a whole system change and ph in buckets and controller are at 6-7 right now. I'm hoping that 1st run was some terrible fluke. The system should mix the nutes just fine. Its physics, I has to mix eventually. There was defiantly something in the system that wasn't supposed to be. I will post ph in about an hour. Thanks

greenwithenvy

Veteran
even more confused?

even more confused?

The buckets on the right with the white plates are 1-3ph and the rest of the system is 6-7. WTF This shit is crazy. How does it drop so fast in just 4 buckets in 1 hour?

Latest posts

Latest posts