What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The RDWC project.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
This will be my 1st recirculating deep water culture system. Please come along for the ride. I will be keeping u posted on what im doing. starting with the room build. Check up on all the pics and Please give me comments and questions. I will be starting the 1st grow with the Lifesaver strain. I cant wait for a long life here at ICMAG. Thanks GWE

BigGreen

Veteran
Your diagram is right on the money. The one thing I dont see is a chiller thats one thing your gonna want to invest in. You want your water temp at a constant 68f. Ive ran with out chillers keeping the water at 72f and there would always slowly be little problems with roots. If you can make it a run without get some aquashield and buy one for the next run.
What size lights are ya gonna run?

greenwithenvy

Veteran
I hope to invest in a chiller soon but for now I have the controler and res ouside of the room on the conceate wall and floor. I will just have to see how it goes. I want to follow blazeoneups design. Have u read that and if so would u change anything? Thanks GWE

superusa

I hope to invest in a chiller soon but for now I have the controler and res ouside of the room on the conceate wall and floor. I will just have to see how it goes. I want to follow blazeoneups design. Have u read that and if so would u change anything? Thanks GWE

I run a RDWC but I prefer larger feed lines and drain lines than blaze's. I run a 2x400gph pump through 3/4" feed lines. Drains are 1". Instead of having a thin stream of water going into each bucket, it is more like a faucet. I like the fact that the nutrients mix quicker through the buckets when i adjust the solution, and also i would guess the water pouring into the top helps to stir and aerate the water.

overbudjet

Veteran
I run a RDWC but I prefer larger feed lines and drain lines than blaze's. I run a 2x400gph pump through 3/4" feed lines. Drains are 1". Instead of having a thin stream of water going into each bucket, it is more like a faucet. I like the fact that the nutrients mix quicker through the buckets when i adjust the solution, and also i would guess the water pouring into the top helps to stir and aerate the water.
Try Under current culture bucket
cheap as hell and very effective it is a evolution of Blazeoneup rdwc
bucket system.By the way nice tile job (remember me something)don't forgot to seal your's joints.

overbudjet

Veteran
I see you are in basement like me ,do you have acces to cheap water?
if yes buy some stainless tubing coil them and put in your rez
drain to waste or put selenoide valve on .

BigGreen

Veteran
I would just get that bubble insulation and rap your buckets along with some aquashield and you'll be good to go.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
I took the weekend off and went to ann arbor. yes ill be going to 42 degrees, they open @ 12. I hope to get something done tonight.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Trip to 42 degrees, Ann Arbor, MI

Trip to 42 degrees, Ann Arbor, MI

I would have taken more but i got yelled at.
This is in Ann Arbor, MI The shop is called 42 degrees. 420 GWE

greenwithenvy

Veteran
I got a little cash and want to buy a hps. Any suggestions on wattage and brand. I'm thinking of a cool tube system. What do you think. I have around $350. Anyone live in the grand rapid, MI area got any lights. Thanks GWE

BigGreen

Veteran
Hit up ebay you can get a good deal on a 1k lumatek ballast that adjust from 1k to 750 to 500 watts and also has super lumens for 10% more for bloom. I seen one going for $280 and thats a steal of a deal.