What's new

The RDWC project.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Tell the local hippie glassblowing place about them.

Show them the links if they don't get it, even if they do!
I know there gotta be artists up there. They will figure it out.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know a guy from high school that blows glass. I could probably hook you up with him. He's down at Founders a lot.

Burnabunch

hey green i love the setup bro..do you think you can put some pics of your rez..and maybe some more of the setup in action...Burn

greenwithenvy

Veteran
EZ cloner temps?

EZ cloner temps?

How do I keep EZ cloner temps down. My cloner is 79.5 and my room is 80? Its not showing signs of to much but it should be cooler right? Thanks

Rednick

Veteran
How do I keep EZ cloner temps down. My cloner is 79.5 and my room is 80? Its not showing signs of to much but it should be cooler right? Thanks
15m on/15m off
Tried that?

80 ain't bad for root development/sprouting.
Once established, peeps tend to like temps a little lower 72-76.

When in the 80's just be careful of nasties developing.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Hepa Air Filter as carbon scrubber?

Hepa Air Filter as carbon scrubber?

I have a hepa air filter i found. I replaced the motor and ripped out the paper in the filter, I will replace the paper with activated carbon. Does anyone think this will work? Ill show pics later. It seems like its the same concept, suck air through a carbon filter right?

Ps. ill try that 15 on 15 off, rednick. thanks

Rednick

Veteran
Just depends if the HEPA filter can get enough CFMs going to force an air current.

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a hepa air filter i found. I replaced the motor and ripped out the paper in the filter, I will replace the paper with activated carbon. Does anyone think this will work? Ill show pics later. It seems like its the same concept, suck air through a carbon filter right?

Ps. ill try that 15 on 15 off, rednick. thanks

I think the air needs to be drawn through a carbon filter at a certain speed for the carbon to work properly? I've read something to that effect.

Rednick

Veteran
Lick your finger.
Stick that bitch in the air.
What do you feel?
For a visual you can use misted water, or smoke.

First and foremost you are creating an Air Current.
Secondly you are creating a certain CFM.

Most commercial carbon air filters shall state Weight (of carbon minimum) and reccommended CFM.
Just do a comparison. Get a ballpark.

In the end, your nose will tell you if you have succeded.

You can also calcuate your CF of the room and then with CFM of the fan determine how many times per hour your room is filtered. Specifics of what is minimal I do not know, but it is around somewhere. Guessing 6 times an hour min???

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gotta get over there. I'll cruise over tomorrow after work sometime.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
What do you think about this?

What do you think about this?

DIY chiller. I works great, but for how long. I only tested it with 6 gallons but it keeps temps down. I removed the humidity controller and bypassed the thermostat. The thermostat hooked right up to the wires the controller was on and it runs with the thermostat now. I can set the temp with a tiny screwdriver on the thermostat. Tell me what you think.