What's new

"The Pure" 250W soilgrow from seed.

TheBEAK

Day 25 - Flowering

Hi guys

I was watering the girls today, with some molasses and water, and I noticed different phenos starting to appear.

So far I've identified two different phenos

Plant #1
This has a very sweet smell with a touch of lemon.

Plants #3 & #5
These two are much more "skunky" smelling. Kind of like rotting fruit, and maybe a little catpiss(so weird to write stuff like this :tongue: ).

It'll be interesting to see which one smokes the best.

This is one of the "skunky" ones...

Better close-up

Last edited:

TheBEAK

DAY 27 - Flowering

Well they're getting frostier by the day, so I'll post pics every few days to document it.

One of the Pure's is placed further away from the lights than the others, as I got more ladies than I expected. It's streching pretty crazy, and I've also decided not to repot her like her sisters were last week.
She's probably gonna be used for butter or hash.

That's all for now guys :wave:

sweeeet youve convinced me, other than the strechy ones, that i can get 6 or 8 plants under my hydro build comming up with a 250! save me a lot of heat issues, you did :p

TheBEAK

bballsk8er333 said:
sweeeet youve convinced me, other than the strechy ones, that i can get 6 or 8 plants under my hydro build comming up with a 250! save me a lot of heat issues, you did :p

Well you're welcome :smile:

The 6 plants that are in the optimal lightrange, are all doing great. It's only the 7'th thats too far out. But they seem to be happy under a 250W. I thought the limit was more like 4 plants for my cab, but I had so many females, that I had to try to fill it up. 6 plants are perfect for my cab.

sprout420

Lookin' good......
I also use a 250W...usually with one or two plants, although I have 5 this time around. Mine don't look nearly as nice as your yet (different strains too). I had to battle some cold temps earlier and I think it delayed the flower formation a bit.

Anyway, keep up the good work. It'll be interesting to see how you do with so many plants under that 250. Best of luck to you.

Peace

TheBEAK

sprout420 said:
Lookin' good......
I also use a 250W...usually with one or two plants, although I have 5 this time around. Mine don't look nearly as nice as your yet (different strains too). I had to battle some cold temps earlier and I think it delayed the flower formation a bit.

Anyway, keep up the good work. It'll be interesting to see how you do with so many plants under that 250. Best of luck to you.

Peace

Thx man:)
I have to open my windows during lights-on, and close them during lights-off. Too hot and too cold, are a constant threat.
When you do 1-2 plants, do you LST,Scrog or run them untrained?

Hope your grow goes well :wave:

Last edited:

sprout420

At least I haven't had to worry about the heat this time around. I suppose it's easier to warm things up then cool them down. Temp control can be a pain in the ass.

G

Hey man, you have inspired me to flower a couple of plants inside a cabinet to get some sample smoke whilst, waiting for the others to grow I am gonna try your LST technique I have never done it. any tips? I'm using your tread as a reference, Thanks, your show is getting better everyday! peace

TheBEAK

Georgia Green said:
Hey man, you have inspired me to flower a couple of plants inside a cabinet to get some sample smoke whilst, waiting for the others to grow I am gonna try your LST technique I have never done it. any tips? I'm using your tread as a reference, Thanks, your show is getting better everyday! peace

Thx Green:)
Hopefully they'll stay happy.

I like to start training them when they're young. This time I started at day 13 from when they popped from the soil.

Old picture from day 13 in Veg

I use pretty thick metalwire. The kind thats made for plant use, and can be bought in most garden/hardware shops. After I've tied the top down, I let it stay that way for around 2-3 days until the top has grown enough to be tied down again. I leave the first one on, so it now has to ties.

As the bottom shoots starts to grow as high as the top of the plant, I gradually start tying the top of the plant only just below these shoots, so the top will end up being level with theese, once flowering starts.

During the initial flowering strech, it's usually a good idea to bend some of the(now) long bottom shoots further to the side, to make sure there's room for all of them, and that they're not "crowding" the middle of the pot.

I'll never do anything untrained, as this just seem to get the buds fighting over who can be the biggest. Of course no one wins except me :rasta:

Looking foreward to seeing your grow man :wave:

Last edited:

breeder

Lookin very nice. I'm also using a 250hps. I normally run a 1000w, or perhaps my 600w, but I don't need that amount anymore, so I've decided to use my 250 for the entire grow's from now on. I've had it for years but never used it...lol.
Built a great cab to go with it. Now just waiting on the beans to pop.
I'll be watching.

TheBEAK

breeder said:
Lookin very nice. I'm also using a 250hps. I normally run a 1000w, or perhaps my 600w, but I don't need that amount anymore, so I've decided to use my 250 for the entire grow's from now on. I've had it for years but never used it...lol.
Built a great cab to go with it. Now just waiting on the beans to pop.
I'll be watching.

Hi Breeder
Will you be making a diary?

TheBEAK

THoC said:
Hey Beak,

Nice growlog. Nice work great detail and photos.
cheers

Thx THoC:)

Having a growlog really keeps me on my toes, and I've used ICmag for references alot, so I thought it's time to give a little back.

TheBEAK

DAY 28 - Flowering(halfway through)

I just had to take some pictures, after the HPS was shut off.

This is just some shots across the canopy in the cab.
Any leaf that looks f***** belongs to the NL. All the Pure's look healthy.

Cant believe I'm already halfway through :jump:
They grow up so fast;)

Enjoy your Easter everyone.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
lookin great Beak...keep it up. ur doin a great job for noob...Cant wait to see you smokin those beautiful buds!!!Peace

- Z

TheBEAK

ZeusOGrefugee said:
lookin great Beak...keep it up. ur doin a great job for noob...Cant wait to see you smokin those beautiful buds!!!Peace

- Z

Thx Zeus:)

My previous Sadhu-grow had some problems, so it was important for me, that this one went smoothly. Kind of an ego-thing I guess;)

TheBEAK

DAY 30 - Flowering

Well by now, you must have all noticed, that I have a fetich about showing my plants to the world. I can't help it, so here's some more shots;)

It's REALLY starting to smell in that closet. The charcoal filter removes everything, but when I stick my head in the closet, it's like someone took a bud, and rubbed it in my face. Good sign I think :headbange