What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Pure" 250W soilgrow from seed.

stoney419

i know your felling pretty good about now and you should hows the buzzzz :rasta: on that pure i think only one of mine made it :bashhead: hoping it's female i got like 4 sk1xhaze sam skunk man going freebies from gypsy :jump: can't wait to try it but it it'll be a while there only about 5 inchs tall right now but getting ready to flower a clone of that one pure real soon i'll let ya know if she's a girl

TheBEAK

Excessive said:
The cake is a lie. :muahaha:
I had whipcream all over my face, which begs to differ;)

THoC said:
Rappers delight AND Frank Zappa!!? LOL

Congrats on finally tasting the fruits of ur labors bro. Which is the Crux of the Biscuit.

peace

Thanks man:)
Looking foreward to hearing how your Mandala girls perform.

hazy said:
nice work TheBeak. I thought those buds of the Pure would be heavy. They look really solid.
Thanks for showing us, and for a very informative thread.

It's been a pleasure, so no need to thank me man. But yeah they're quite compact compared to my Sadhu buds.

AinSophAur said:
very nice. Can't wait to see how they look after a month or two in the jars.
I think some of them may have been dried a little too much/fast. Hopefully a nice long cure will help, but we'll see:)

herbie5000 said:
good job mate. nice to see the pure done properly.
Thx man
There are some good people on here, who's been chiming in overy so often, so it really a team effort;)

stoney419 said:
i know your felling pretty good about now and you should hows the buzzzz :rasta: on that pure i think only one of mine made it :bashhead: hoping it's female i got like 4 sk1xhaze sam skunk man going freebies from gypsy :jump: can't wait to try it but it it'll be a while there only about 5 inchs tall right now but getting ready to flower a clone of that one pure real soon i'll let ya know if she's a girl
Yes please let me know, I love to see what others experience with The Pure.

The buzz is really nice man.
The sativa influence is very apparent, from the first few drags, and then it sets all the controls in your head, to the "groove-setting". I find myself constantly smiling, and laughing. and my mind flyes, with minimal couchlock. Sam bred out most of the couchlock, which really shines through.

I smoked the above pictured #8, and as soon as I put it in the grinder, there was a massive lemon smell in the room. Much more lemon, than I could smell while in flower. Even the smoke was VERY lemony, and sweet. Nice taste.

I will def be running The Pure again.

TheBEAK

I forgot to metion I've moved the buds to their final homes.

Almost all the buds could fit in the jars. Some were a tight squeeze though...

TheBEAK

Hi everyone

A few posts went missing, during the recent database error, so I thought I'd throw in a couple of pics of the curing buds.

Cured for 24 days

And here's a shot of the next generation comming after the summer

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
very nice Beak...congrats on a stellar harvest..looks like ur gonna be high for quite a while!!!!LOL Peace bro

- Z

DigiWeed

Hi Beak, Magnificent diary, I’m glad I came across this one as I have virtually the same setup as you. About to start my first ever grow. Seeds are planted, just waiting for them to peek their heads!

The write-up report you’ve done is perfect for a newb like me, but can you let me know more about your watering amounts and schedule?
I’ve read a lot about over watering, and I just know I’ll be in danger of that my first time out being over eager and all, so could you give me a rough estimate of the amount of water you added per pot size and how often.

I’m also using a Lumatek 250, but only have an HSP lamp. I want to get an MH for it, but just read a few posts that people have found a lot of makes don’t work properly with this ballast.
What make and model of MH do you use?

Thanks in advance. :respect:

TheBEAK

DigiWeed said:
Hi Beak, Magnificent diary, I’m glad I came across this one as I have virtually the same setup as you. About to start my first ever grow. Seeds are planted, just waiting for them to peek their heads!

The write-up report you’ve done is perfect for a newb like me, but can you let me know more about your watering amounts and schedule?
I’ve read a lot about over watering, and I just know I’ll be in danger of that my first time out being over eager and all, so could you give me a rough estimate of the amount of water you added per pot size and how often.

I’m also using a Lumatek 250, but only have an HSP lamp. I want to get an MH for it, but just read a few posts that people have found a lot of makes don’t work properly with this ballast.
What make and model of MH do you use?

Thanks in advance. :respect:

Hello DigiWeed
Always nice to see another 250 watt'er :wave:

Rough watering schedule

2,2L pots: 250 ml every third day
6,5L pots: 500 ml every third day
11L pots : 750 ml every third day

If the soil is too wet, I'll wait a day. Too dry, and I'll water a day early.

My MH bulb is a "Philips HPI-T 250 watt"

Will you be starting a growdiary?

DigiWeed

Hi Beak,

Thanks for the answers to my questions. I just ordered the Philips MH online.

Hadn’t really thought about doing a grow diary being my first attempt, but now I think about it, would probably end up being a duplicate of yours!

This is no doubt a dumb arse question, but where can I buy Epson Salt?

And is this the Molasses you mention?

TheBEAK

DigiWeed said:
Hi Beak,

Thanks for the answers to my questions. I just ordered the Philips MH online.

Hadn’t really thought about doing a grow diary being my first attempt, but now I think about it, would probably end up being a duplicate of yours!

This is no doubt a dumb arse question, but where can I buy Epson Salt?

And is this the Molasses you mention?

You should do a diary, as it also brings people in, to comment on your plants, and your setup, and help improve it.

I bought my Epson salt in a growshop, but I think a shot of molasses could have done the trick aswell. I just didn't have molasses at that time.

And yes that's exactly the type of molasses I have.

If there's anything else just ask :wave:

BTW what strain will you be running?

DigiWeed

I bought some Northern Lights from Seedsman seeds because I like a bit of couch lock while watching a decent film. Mind you, all films seem decent in that state! Lol

Your comments about the snooker made me laugh. I had the same thing with the golf one weekend. Then I watched A Beautiful Mind and realised maths is the answer to everything! lol

I also got 5 free unknown seeds with the NL, so I thought I’d do a test run with those first to tune things in and get the temps right etc. After the test run, I’ll start a diary like you suggest.

Go team 250W :rasta:

break sup! kickass job man, you convinced me. i read this a few days ago and then seen some up on the bay. time was right, price was right. how was the stretch? they look very indica and can really back it on, with a sativa "feel good" high.. how's the potency? it's not that big of a deal when the yields that nice and the taste is supreme.

how's everything developing? taste, high, potency, density...
TIA you did a great job detailing your grow. thanks a bunch!

H&L

I've always been interested in The Pure. Awesome work man, you put that light to work!

B

Bigtimer7

Great job!

Looks great man.. cant wait to see the next grow 2!

Im always lurk'n

TheBEAK

I forgot to give a greeting to Zeus. Sorry man forgot about it.
Thx for stopping in my man.
Everybody should take a look at those Mumbles you're running over there. Looks like an interesting strain:)

DigiWeed said:
I bought some Northern Lights from Seedsman seeds because I like a bit of couch lock while watching a decent film. Mind you, all films seem decent in that state! Lol

Your comments about the snooker made me laugh. I had the same thing with the golf one weekend. Then I watched A Beautiful Mind and realised maths is the answer to everything! lol

I also got 5 free unknown seeds with the NL, so I thought I’d do a test run with those first to tune things in and get the temps right etc. After the test run, I’ll start a diary like you suggest.

Go team 250W

Looking foreward to seeing it. Good call on the testgrow.

BTW: Dont treat them like I treated my one NL;)

stke_fingas said:
break sup! kickass job man, you convinced me. i read this a few days ago and then seen some up on the bay. time was right, price was right. how was the stretch? they look very indica and can really back it on, with a sativa "feel good" high.. how's the potency? it's not that big of a deal when the yields that nice and the taste is supreme.

how's everything developing? taste, high, potency, density...
TIA you did a great job detailing your grow. thanks a bunch!

Hey man:)
Regarding the strech:
They ended up being approx 45 cm/17-18 inches from the top of the pot. They streched probably 20 cm/8 inches or so during flowering.

I'm really happy with the potency. Lots of nice sativa-brain, and so far only plant #8 is a little too heavy on the body. So far #1 gives the most energetic up-high.
Things have been happening in the jars, I can ashure you. The smell is SO much better than 3-4 weeks ago. Nice and sweet :rasta:

They're still quite dense. I wasn't expecting it for a 250W.

H&L said:
I've always been interested in The Pure. Awesome work man, you put that light to work!

Thx man:)
You should try running it. Very easy, and rewards you with PLENTY of nice smoke.

Bigtimer7 said:
Great job!

Looks great man.. cant wait to see the next grow 2!

Im always lurk'n

Thx:)
I'm actually thinking about going coco or Hempy-buckets next run.
Stay tuned.
:smoweed:

Last edited:

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome thread bro love the pics, this little girl.....

hopefully should turn out as good as this...beautiful plants!!
FishHead said:
POTM Nominated- Congrats again on a job well done.
2591622_apr_2008_016.jpg

Last edited:
Epsom Salts can be found in any Pharmacy. It is used as a soak or press for sore muscles. Most people put it in their bath water or soak their feet in it. Taken internally, it is a mild laxative. 4 pounds for like 3 bucks or something like that.

Latest posts

Latest posts