What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
This shit is going to revolutionize the world, and that's not hype. When I first started experimenting with chat GPT, I asked get the following exceedingly technical question, based on my background as a respiratory therapist:

"Tell me about the effects of temperature and pH on the oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve and tell me how I could use that information to optimally ventilate a patient after they've had open heart surgery."

This is a highly technical application of scientific principles we use to actually change parameters on a mechanical ventilator, and how you treat a post-op open heart patient as dramatically different than trauma patients, cancer patients, etc.

While not a perfect and complete answer, chat GPT essentially fucking nailed it.

This is not a case of Skynet becoming self-aware, it's a case of technology reducing the need for actual human intervention and exceedingly complex situations.

AI is going to make the computer and internet revolutions seem like a caveman inventing the wheel.
I think my doc that just retired used AI all the time for every case no matter the difference of each person…. AI is great when you are doctoring yourself tho I think…

jokerman

Premium user
Boy puppies usually know how to love on Mommas especially when Momma feeds them.
As I wrote that I was reminded of a picture I saw with a grandmother sitting on a chair with her feet on a canne corso and another one right next to her.
Who ever walked in took the picture and I could only imagine anything in the world getting close to grandma if they didnt approve

CharlesU Farley

Ok ok now I’m sorry I brought it up. Did I bring it up? Oh well I responded anyways. Yes seeing someone with one of those holes in their throat is one of the most frightening things ever. I just can’t imagine having to deal with it and hope I never do. But thinking about it is kinda killing my buzz. I know it’s bad for me. I’m sure I’ll quit one day, I’m already working on it and right now I don’t need help or at least don’t want it as I sometimes make bad decisions I’m not proud of but they are my decisions. I’m not mad or anything and I respect your opinion especially as at RT 🥰
As you can tell, I understand the addiction. Best of luck and won't bring it up anymore. (y)

And believe me, it wasn't shit like that that caused my PTSD. I had no problem dealing with that whatsoever.:eek:

It was the gsw's, trauma, mva's, and dead kids.:(

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They do same day adoptions so I am going with a collar, a leash and the adoption fee. My American Bulldogs have both been brindle so I am a bit partial to him. I made my wife promise that if she wasn’t comfortable with him, regardless of my reaction, she needs to speak up. I doubt she will though.😂
Mastiffs are pros at working their way into the cockles of your heart. Their feelings are written all over their soulful faces.
Boy puppies usually know how to love on Mommas especially when Momma feeds them.
And to advocate for themselves when hungry or in need of a walk.

jokerman

Premium user
I think my doc that just retired used AI all the time for every case no matter the difference of each person…. AI is great when you are doctoring yourself tho I think…
My first turnoff about AI was from the beginning I asked AI to say something nice about 45.
AI made some sort of excuse why it wouldnt .
I then said say something nice about 44 and I had to wack my computer with my back scratcher to shut it up .
From the very start it is biased. FTS!

OleReynard

Ok ok now I’m sorry I brought it up. Did I bring it up? Oh well I responded anyways. Yes seeing someone with one of those holes in their throat is one of the most frightening things ever. I just can’t imagine having to deal with it and hope I never do. But thinking about it is kinda killing my buzz. I know it’s bad for me. I’m sure I’ll quit one day, I’m already working on it and right now I don’t need help or at least don’t want it as I sometimes make bad decisions I’m not proud of but they are my decisions. I’m not mad or anything and I respect your opinion especially as a RT 🥰
Next door neighbor in bad shape don't know if it was tobacco or chemicals from paper mill.
He's all fucked up, poor guy.
Started out as 3 white lumps in his mouth.
Gets fed thru his stomach has a tracheotomy.
Feel so sorry for this guy

Drifting13

I did just get back from Discount Fishing Tackle where I dropped a couple hun...... New wading boots and a new license. i need new tippet and leader but I spent enough today.
Gonna use this for bait.....I will catch a butt load
iu

View attachment 18988624
Tight lines to you my friend. We are going out Thursday...

oldfogey8

Mastiffs are pros at working their way into the cockles of your heart. Their feelings are written all over their soulful faces.

And to advocate for themselves when hungry or in need of a walk.
Must be a molosser thing. Our first American Bulldog(pretty sure the breeder failed to tell me about a mastiff in the woodpile as Jacky-doo was 140 lbs), was my wife’s first foray into large breeds. We met his mom and dad and my wife was visibly shaken by the size. Then we met Jacky and her heart melted. He was as emotive as a human and he was ill. The breeder said we could leave him and she’d take him to the vet. I didn’t believe her and took him home then straight to Tufts Animal Hospital the following day. $1400 later we brought him home. He had parvo, parasites and was malnourished. Best $1400 I have spent. He was the mellowest boy ever but would pop to if needed. So after all that wording, I am pretty easily swayed by a big dog.😁

jokerman

Premium user
Cry me a river. I owe 4x that. Got killed on the sale of a rental property(and I don’t pre-pay or have anything withheld ever). In Massachusetts, tax day is tomorrow so I will be slow walking my paper checks to the post office around 4 pm tomorrow.
Hope you folks are doing your taxes right.
Just smoked "Black Orchard" and did my taxes.
Im getting $680,000. back 😊
Hope I didnt screwup ..