What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
I've been to Aruba and Curaçao - Mexico too a coupla times - but never to Costa Rica - sounds like an exciting trip oldfogey - they do have alot of great wildlife there - and I hope that you manage to take lots of pics of whatever you see - to share with us currently home stuck old farts - here on ICMAG - enjoy mate - and have an outstanding time of it!
Well I never been to Spain....But I've been to Oklahoma
And they tell me I was born there,but I really don't remember

oldfogey8

Probably best to get there early mate 👌 - ya never know what's happening on the day at that airport - so the earlier the better - where are you flying to?
Thanks. I just spoke with the airline. They tell me they have a cut off time for checking luggage. Depending on airport policy, for international flights, checking bags stops anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half prior to departure. Looks like we will be getting there around 4 am(I think that is about 10 am I’m Jolly old England so that is mid morning if I channel a Gypsy Nirvana).😂

jokerman

Premium user
Thanks. I just spoke with the airline. They tell me they have a cut off time for checking luggage. Depending on airport policy, for international flights, checking bags stops anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half prior to departure. Looks like we will be getting there around 4 am(I think that is about 10 am I’m Jolly old England so that is mid morning if I channel a Gypsy Nirvana).😂
Please send us a postcard and pictures😊☝️

jokerman

Premium user
1711727536612.png

OleReynard

I live in an area where there is an abundance of open fields and woods. I said I have a heart trap out for some animal that I didn’t know what it was in my pole barn. I got home from work and found the trap 100 feet away from where I said it, and it was stood up on the end. The coyotes drug and stood it up and then proceeded to nip at the bobcat that was in the trap. that it was death by 100,000 nips. They tore half the hair off of him when I found the cat he was just about dead, but still breathing. I don’t use those traps anymore .
Unfortunately that's mother nature for ya.
Used to feed my family on the furs I'd catch every year until the fur market crash then I couldn't see taking an animals life for that petince.

Back to the Bobbie, I caught a beautiful cherry red, red fox right after a snowfall.
I knew a mangey pack of yotes went thru and was following them, unfortunately they hitched my trail right to the first trap.
Could tell there was a catch but notta sign no hair, started rummaging thru the leaves and found hair next I found the fox.
Nothing eaten of it just hair stripped from ears to its tail, what a shame there went $125 bucks.

There trail was heading off to more of my dirt holes over the knoll I went with 5 yotes all of a sudden standing up and bearing teeth, I had a little female in a trap.
No gun, but a shovel and a 3lb sledge with hoe Welded on the one end.
They started to approach grabbed my hammer and shovel and banged them together luckily they split.

Took another one ofem with a bow while deer hunting.
Might not of been the same pack but none the less one less.
It takes a coyote 7 days to get back to point b, that's how big a range they have.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Back in '84 - I was working the door at 'Crossroads' disco in Wan Chai Hong Kong - when the US Navy flat top Nimitz came in - with its Pacific battle group of other ships and tenders - suddenly thousand of Marines and other naval personnel flooded the area I worked in - virtually taking over all the clubs - cat houses and restaurants - these guys had been at sea for months - and man did so many of them get drunk and out of order - many fulla steroids - and had been pumping iron on the ships for quite a while - so we had to tackle some HUGE men - the American Samoans were massive - with the bone structure of elephants - and they didn't like the black American servicemen - down the club I was doing security at - so an ENORMOUS fight broke out - and there was me - trying to sort it out - with only 2 other security guys to help - Jeez - what a night - glad that I managed to survive it - here is a playlist from 1984 - all of these tunes were played down 'Crossroads' - amongst many others -

OleReynard

that schitt happens out here for sure and is one of the main reasons why I hate people more than anybody I know…

to me it would be almost like throwing one’s children away…who the feck does that!?…

idiots , that is who…

but yeah , I did not want another dog , yet…but here we are

this is my last dog who passes away about 7 years ago..

anyone think they are related?…😂

a coincidence?..

View attachment 18980372

View attachment 18980373
Makes me mad as hell

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Me, I’m just a mutt. I got German, Irish, Scottish, and who knows what else in me…
I was shocked when I had my DNA done after one of my grandmothers regaling me with tales of her Native American heritage. By her numbers, she would have been a half breed, so I would have been an eighth.

My DNA showed that I was was about 66% English/Welch and about 30% German. I am less than 2% Native American/east Asian and was about the same percent Nigerian and Scandanavian, all from around the early 1700's.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have at least a couple packs of coyotes living in our neighborhood. One with two in it and another with three. We sometimes see singles running around but can't tell if they are part of a pack.

They have thinned out the possum and racoon population, as well as the domestic cats.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
We have at least a couple packs of coyotes living in our neighborhood. One with two in it and another with three. We sometimes see singles running around but can't tell if they are part of a pack.

They have thinned out the possum and racoon population, as well as the domestic cats.
I had a yote get one of my cats years ago..... war was declared....I pop them in the azz with my trusty Red Ryder.

Latest posts

Latest posts