What's new

The Official MMA Discussion

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I take nothing away from Fedor, he got caught and submitted, could happen to anyone.
If it had stayed up on the feet, Fedor would have smashed him unconscious by the second round at the latest IMO.

Got into the talk late here, but I think Tito was bullshitting about how bad his neck/back was because he didn't want to fight Chuck, he crept around hiding from him the whole season of the UF.

I take nothing away from Fedor, he got caught and submitted, could happen to anyone.
If it had stayed up on the feet, Fedor would have smashed him unconscious by the second round at the latest IMO.

Got into the talk late here, but I think Tito was bullshitting about how bad his neck/back was because he didn't want to fight Chuck, he crept around hiding from him the whole season of the UF.

Tito posted a video of his neck surgery.i think you can find it on the UG forum( mixedmartialarts.com)

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I'm hoping that Carwin will beat Lesnar' monkey ass. :tiphat:

Shut him up and make it 13-0, baby.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
we shall see chickensoup personally I think its brock thats in trouble. Both are college wrestling champions. Both are huge men (although brocks upper body is unreal). This is personally one of my most anticipated fights ever. Really lookin forward to see how it turns out. I think the fight will be over by mid way through the first round. Someone is going to get hurt for certain.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
yup thats what has me psyched there just is no question ... poor mir has suffered at the hands of both these beasts ... lol ... there is just no way that someone isnt going to be hurt... love it ... let there be blood!

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I don't think I've ever seen Carwin fight before, so I can't really say what I think will happen.

I keep thinking of those what? Triple XXXL size gloves of Brock?

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
well there's a person with bigger gloves... its Carwin. Carwin's 11-0 i believe with a punch thats amazing. Hes knocked out some decent names including the beating he recently put on Frank Mir. I think the reason Carwin is the stronger fighter is both are strong in wrestling but only one has finished every fight hes been in the first round with his fist... I definately been as wrong as right and never know but if Brock cant out wrestle Carwin I think he loses... cant wait

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I'm pulling for Carwin in this one but if Brock can get him to the ground and control him from there then he should be able to pull out a decision. I know Carwin has a wrestling pedigree but mma wrestling is different; Brock has shown good ability to control someone on the ground while still damaging them.
A grapple-fest might make for a boring fight but i think its Brock's best chance for victory. Brock is no slouch on his feet but if he's smart he wont give Carwin a chance to land any solid head shots...

we shall see chickensoup personally I think its brock thats in trouble. Both are college wrestling champions. Both are huge men (although brocks upper body is unreal). This is personally one of my most anticipated fights ever. Really lookin forward to see how it turns out. I think the fight will be over by mid way through the first round. Someone is going to get hurt for certain.

Yes, both wrestled in college, but that's where the similarities end.Brock was a division 1 wrestling Champ 4 years.Carwin was a division 2 runner up.

Travieso

zuffas hype machine is going full on with this one. Shane is 12 and 0, but they are not all knockouts.He's got something like 5 submission wins.

sorry my bad. he finished them all in the first round though didnt he. pretty impressive. I'm hopeing Brock wins anyways!

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Yes, both wrestled in college, but that's where the similarities end.Brock was a division 1 wrestling Champ 4 years.Carwin was a division 2 runner up.

While I agree they are not equals ... they are also not that far apart. Wrestling really is about cardio, toughness and endurance more than anything else. So Carwin has showed to have reasonably good cardio ect by progressing and possessing a wrestling background. Brock also has the same ability set. While possibly being better he has to be able to take Shane down and that may prove to be a challenge. I believe it will make or break the fight for him as I indicated earlier.

Both have sports and athletic backgrounds for certain but I believe Shane has the experience edge in having faced more opponents and varieties of opponents. Brock has very little experience .. his biggest test was the 3 round beatdown he put on Heath Herring. The vast majority of his 'fighting' experience was in pro-wrestling. Hes 4-1 at MMA having fought notables Randy Couture (knocked out), Frank Mir (1-1 one submission loss one KO victory), and Heath Herring (3 round war where brock seemed incapable of knocking out his opponent imo). His other fight was against a less notable Korean Min Soon Kim. For Carwin since his UFC debut he has fought 3 notable opponents. He Knocked out Christien Wellisch in 45 seconds into round 1 of his first UFC fight. After defeating Neil Wain in 1:31 seconds he was set to fight Gabriel Gonzaga a bell weather in the heavy weight division. He beat Gonzaga in 1 minute 9 seconds. That win really caught my eye and put him in the top standings imo. Nobody had really knocked Gabriel out so effortlessly. That leads us to his biggest challenge former champ Frank Mir. The last fight he fought was for interim championship again Mir. He beat mir in devastating fashion (something even brock had failed to do in the previous 2 fights) in a KO 3 mins 48 seconds into the round.

I think this bodes well for Carwin in this matchup but its still a fight and in a fight theres never a sure thing.

Btw , Zuffa is a promotion and production company... so uh yea just doing there job imo...