What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Seedlin. The seeds cracked on 1/17/12. Vegged until 4 March. They have been at 12/12 for 16 days as of today. A quick measure shows an average height of about 32 inches at the canopy from the base of the plant.

Seedlin

Spend the 20$ & get a bottle of GH PH down ASAP .
I got some ph down today, mixed a gal of nutes with 6.5%ph and gave em a good drink. I didn't feed this mornin so they were gettin dry. Hoping the lower ph will bring back the pretty green. They are showin sign of growth after the sun tan I gave em.. All is not lost. Just put 8 more beans in peat pellets to start before they go in to the smaller clear dixies, 12 0z, i think. Gunna try the other shelf in my closet :biggrin: I wanna see the root growth on these. These are from a strain from a buddy 's buddy from Indiana....We'll see...:watchplant:

Seedlin

After 2 feeding with the lower ph I can see a definate difference in my babies. Shootin up. I built another light with 12 - 27 watt cfls (324 watts) and have put them under it for a spell to veg before I move them to their final resting place under my 1000 watt lite. My question is when to I top them, after they reach their 5 node? Some are there, the rest have another set to grow.

Last edited:

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
You top whenever you want to.....It depends on how much they stretch while in bloom and how much you can afford to keep, unless you're going to LST them down now and during stretch.

Seedlin

Cool. Thanks dubwise...It's my first indoor and am only using bag seed for my 1st run. Gunna try cloning before I invest into a good seed. Started a second set of beans of another strain.Will an outdoor grown strain do well indoors?

what nutes work best with the hempy bucket method?

Is it OK to transplant hempy bucketts? ie transplant a 2 litre hempy bucket to a 10 litre bucket?!

Herbophile

what nutes work best with the hempy bucket method?

Is it OK to transplant hempy bucketts? ie transplant a 2 litre hempy bucket to a 10 litre bucket?!

As far as nutes go you'll get many opinions. Personally I like to use maxibloom (K.I.S.S) because it works and it's cheap and easy.

I do transplant when doing hempys. I start them in solo cups and then transplant up to a 2 gallon so I see no reason that other size transplants wouldn't work just fine.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
im still doing my mini stihgnoBuckets which is what i call them now since it's not really hempy.
i like this method so much i will be doing my next grow all mini stihgnoBuckets in beer cups.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2 week old clone(s).

newbie to hempy...

newbie to hempy...

I kno this is the hundredth time on this thread but i am a newbie to the site and thread and whole hydroponic world. Read a whole bunch threads and got really psyched about doing some hempys in my closet. The area is about 4x4x7.

I got some good seeds from Attitude Seedbank. Super Silver and Big Bud x White Widow. I currently just started 5 two gallon hempys in 1 to 4 vermiculiteerlite. Day 5 and third set of leaves showing. Using a 150 watt HPS Sun System. Small Fan for ventilation.

I am using " The Recipe for Success" kit by Technaflora. I was reccommended this by many people as it contains over 100$ of nutes. It was only 40$ at my local grow store. Also got some rockwool cubes for seeds and they worked great!

I am trying to do somewhat of a scientific expirement as far as growing in soil versus these hempy buckets. So i have two identical plants started at same time, watering both same exact nutes and everything. Will have some pics soon.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated on the hempy bucket method as i am i noob. Not to growing plants, but to the hydroponic world.... thanks

----The Newbie with the Dewbie----
Mattkilla420

Last edited:
what liquid nutes would be good for hempy buckets?

You can run any nutrients intended for hydroponic, pick whatever you prefer/fits into your budget/etc. There is no "right" or "wrong" nutrients for hempies as long as they are for hydroponic use.

im still doing my mini stihgnoBuckets which is what i call them now since it's not really hempy.
i like this method so much i will be doing my next grow all mini stihgnoBuckets in beer cups.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36169&pictureid=857632
2 week old clone(s).

Good looking roots aside from all the algae, what is different between your buckets and hempys?

Herbophile

herbo, have you ever had PH troublle with maxibloom?

what liquid nutes would be good for hempy buckets?

Nope, no ph problems. My water out of my tap is around 8 and 7grams/gallon of maxi drops me to about 6.5. A little bit of ph down to bring it to 5.8 and then I water. I've never had anything but happy plants doing this.

The only liquid nutes I have used in hempys is the GH Flora series and GH Flora Nova and both worked find with no issues.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
mine are little cups, with a soil/soilless mix for 80% and the last 20% is all perlite for the res portion. and offical hempy buckets is only 5 gallon buckets with perlite and vermiculite. algae effects nothing except the color.

mine are little cups, with a soil/soilless mix for 80% and the last 20% is all perlite for the res portion. and offical hempy buckets is only 5 gallon buckets with perlite and vermiculite. algae effects nothing except the color.

Oh so its exactly the same as hempy buckets, I see now. There is no "official" hempy bucket size lol, hempy buckets can be made any size/shape you want and you can use any soilless medium(coco, perlite, vermiculite, etc), its still a hempy bucket if you have a reservoir at the bottom and one drain hole. Many of us have been running small cup versions of hempy buckets for a long time. The only difference as far as I can tell is you mix in a little soil?

this goes back to a huge dispute from a few months back about what an is "officially" a hempy bucket, got a bit ridiculous, and we really dont need to get into it again. Hempy buckets are a style of growing up to your own interpretation!

Latest posts

Latest posts