What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Bobbo4200

Veteran
What is the best and the easiest way to rinse your perlite/vermiculite for reuse? Dump into a shallow tub and rinse while dumping the water out? Or wait, put one of those screen things in your sink and dump the bucket in there and rinse? Thanks!

those were some beauties u did in the solo cups E.L.
thanks a lot killa!! it was a hella fun first run! i will definitely be getting another micro going here in a couple months. i miss lookin at the little babies!! Im currently helping out in a room and working to set up a 4x4 tent, so things have been upscaled a little bit. Here's a 3 gallon hempy with a beautiful looking snow white!! i believe she was only a couple days into flower there, ill be in the room with my actual camera within the next day or two to snap some more pictures, this pic is just with my HTC phone.IMAG0532.jpg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
@bobo-I've found it to be easiest if you remove the roots completely and then flush heavily allowing the medium to fully dry before flushing again. I do this about 5 times before I reuse medium and it seems to work just fine. They key is to ensure all plant matter is out of the mix. Also to be noted is that perlite can be picked up at an Ag store pretty cheap. Much cheaper than at a big box store.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
What is the best and the easiest way to rinse your perlite/vermiculite for reuse? Dump into a shallow tub and rinse while dumping the water out? Or wait, put one of those screen things in your sink and dump the bucket in there and rinse? Thanks!

i just reuse mine as is. its inert it shouldn't have much if any residue on it. but what i would suggest is get a big strainer or a colander and run it through some hot water and bleach. 1ml per gallon water. let it sit for a few minutes then rinse with plain water.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
not yet, but my next grow i will be modifying my stihgnoBuckets and drilling holes in the bottom of the cups instead and slits up the side. then i will flood a tray with 1inch of water or so after the roots hit the bottom of the cups and water the tray till the end. sort of like what you suggest except i will be making my own airpots by slitting the sides of the cups. same principle, introducing air to the sides to encourage roots. that picture i posted a couple posts up is that same thing except with hole for the res is still 1inch up from bottom.

thanks a lot killa!! it was a hella fun first run! i will definitely be getting another micro going here in a couple months. i miss lookin at the little babies!! Im currently helping out in a room and working to set up a 4x4 tent, so things have been upscaled a little bit. Here's a 3 gallon hempy with a beautiful looking snow white!! i believe she was only a couple days into flower there, ill be in the room with my actual camera within the next day or two to snap some more pictures, this pic is just with my HTC phone.IMAG0532.jpg

yea man unfortunatly all my pics are gonna be from my PALM phone. Better than nothing, nonetheless. I am constantly seeing grow's with these "tents" . like i said im new to the whole grow world and never seen these little inventions. Whats the benefits of using them and how stealthy are they. Ive got a Closet for my grow but im gonna be running into a problem when i start cloning plants. Either run the clones at Flower cycle from the get go. Or Grow all clones in their veg state, in a tent. Just wondering. thanks

St3ve

not yet, but my next grow i will be modifying my stihgnoBuckets and drilling holes in the bottom of the cups instead and slits up the side. then i will flood a tray with 1inch of water or so after the roots hit the bottom of the cups and water the tray till the end. sort of like what you suggest except i will be making my own airpots by slitting the sides of the cups. same principle, introducing air to the sides to encourage roots. that picture i posted a couple posts up is that same thing except with hole for the res is still 1inch up from bottom.

Cups with a slit or hole is not really the same as a smart pot. Unless of course you had slits or holes covering much of the out side of the cup.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
yeah thats what i mean lol. not just one, but a bunch all the way around on the sides. just take an exacto and stab a buncha holes or slice a bunch of slits. and instead of individual stihgnoBuckets i will drill regular drain holes under the pot and flood a tray with nutes. still gonna have the 1-2inches of perlite at the bottom.

yea man unfortunatly all my pics are gonna be from my PALM phone. Better than nothing, nonetheless. I am constantly seeing grow's with these "tents" . like i said im new to the whole grow world and never seen these little inventions. Whats the benefits of using them and how stealthy are they. Ive got a Closet for my grow but im gonna be running into a problem when i start cloning plants. Either run the clones at Flower cycle from the get go. Or Grow all clones in their veg state, in a tent. Just wondering. thanks
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Jardin...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332788626&sr=8-1-fkmr0
that is the tent that i plan to set up. Its virtually a closet, but premade up for ya and can easily be broken down if needed to move. Also great for a situation like yours, grab a little tent and that can be your veg area for your closet. I plan on running 12 plants in 2 or 3 gallon pots under a 600 watt hps. Hopefully everything will be up and running within about 2 weeks!! Stealthyness all depends on how stealthy you need it to be!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
They make a bunch of different sizes if you look around on the internet.
Can I use the bag of Roots Organic Coco Fiber Hydroponic Soiless Media I just picked up in place of the perlite/vermiculite recipe? Thanks again guys!!

Seedlin

I'm doing a perilite/ vermilite and some coco/ perilite hemp's with some bag seed just to learn on so I don't screw up some good seed. Can I expert a good result of nice buds from bag seed or is all the pretty stuff "Lable" weed?:smokey:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
you tell me.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

which ones are bagseed? which ones are label seeds?

my trim jobs aside, i like to leave the sugar leaves, i grow for me not for bags. can you tell?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As stihgn has so eloquently showed you ... some bag seed plants come out better than 150$ genetics :)

inline duct fan? hanging grow lights?

inline duct fan? hanging grow lights?

not that this belongs on hempy bucket thread but i kno alot of ppl read it as a 3 weeks in beginner i had cpl ?'s if i may...

Does anyone know of a step by step tutorial or anybody have some pictures of an installation of an inline duct fan in a closet? How do u mount it , etc. etc. Plan on gettin project done in next month or two and need help?

Also What is the best technique and product to use to hang grow lights.?I.e. 150 watt hps sunsytem.. Any help would be awesome!!

RetroGrow

Veteran
not that this belongs on hempy bucket thread but i kno alot of ppl read it as a 3 weeks in beginner i had cpl ?'s if i may...

Does anyone know of a step by step tutorial or anybody have some pictures of an installation of an inline duct fan in a closet? How do u mount it , etc. etc. Plan on gettin project done in next month or two and need help?

Also What is the best technique and product to use to hang grow lights.?I.e. 150 watt hps sunsytem.. Any help would be awesome!!

Wrong thread, wrong forum.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Can I use Roots Organic CocoFiber Hydroponic Soilless Media as the medium in a Hempy, rather than the 70/30 perlite/vermiculite recipe? I think I can, but I am unsure to let the bucket sit for a couple days, because in the Hand Watering Coco thread it says you should try to feed at least once per day-and to not let the coco dry out. Would I be able to go up to full strength nutes, using the coco in a Hempy bucket? Thanks again guys!! Sorry bout all the newbie questions, Coco and Hempy Buckets are new to me lol