What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Nevils Haze and Nevils Haze hybrids discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyChicago

nevils haze grandchild

Nevils Haze grandmother line :)

NL#28
Click image for larger version Name:	1648827772100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.6 KB ID:	18115107

Click image for larger version Name:	1648827772100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.6 KB ID:	18115107

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
20220413_182947 - Copy.jpg

After smoking this cut for 2 months I have to say that this is strongest or one of the strongest strains you can have,high last for 4 h ...every time you smoke it lifts you up,and makes you more electric and paraonic and confused,hesitant...you have that sharp tunnel vision and strong audio olfatory senses.

Its that strong that many people who smoke it for days need some change or craving for easy herb or some indica.....cuz this shit is realy strong.....when you wake up after all day smoke session,you feel like your brain was on something last night...bit stoney and confused mind...weed hangover.

smells and tastes, after sample few samples from different growers led/hydro,hps/hydro and mine hps/soil....I have to say that constant is medicinal haze and afghan,garlic funk when its pressed....in soil it has more of orange peel/mangoish whiskey like scent added to medicinal haze and afghan garlic funk when it is pressed a bit.

Both time in hydro it was more of medicinal haze,herbal,slightly smoked meat,wood and just a lil bit of that orange/clay/mangoish whiskey funk.

Flowers are pungent and need airtight can or bag for hanging around in public places....
Taste is orangeish incense,medicinal haze,with bit of baby powder like aroma.

Really one of the best cuts and smokes I ever have.

Forgot to add that it is the most church pungent smells I smelled ever..... when you take strong inhale through the nose of smoke that is in room after smoke session ,it makes taste of orange and incense in your mouth.
Extreme rich orangeish incense of finest quality mixed with musky pine....simply amazing afterburn smell.

NL5XHz

Last edited:

Piff_cat

View attachment 18122674

After smoking this cut for 2 months I have to say that this is strongest or one of the strongest strains you can have,high last for 4 h ...every time you smoke it lifts you up,and makes you more electric and paraonic and confused,hesitant...you have that sharp tunnel vision and strong audio olfatory senses.

Its that strong that many people who smoke it for days need some change or craving for easy herb or some indica.....cuz this shit is realy strong.....when you wake up after all day smoke session,you feel like your brain was on something last night...bit stoney and confused mind...weed hangover.

smells and tastes, after sample few samples from different growers led/hydro,hps/hydro and mine hps/soil....I have to say that constant is medicinal haze and afghan,garlic funk when its pressed....in soil it has more of orange peel/mangoish whiskey like scent added to medicinal haze and afghan garlic funk when it is pressed a bit.

Both time in hydro it was more of medicinal haze,herbal,slightly smoked meat,wood and just a lil bit of that orange/clay/mangoish whiskey funk.

Flowers are pungent and need airtight can or bag for hanging around in public places....
Taste is orangeish incense,medicinal haze,with bit of baby powder like aroma.

Really one of the best cuts and smokes I ever have.

Forgot to add that it is the most church pungent smells I smelled ever..... when you take strong inhale through the nose of smoke that is in room after smoke session ,it makes taste of orange and incense in your mouth.
Extreme rich orangeish incense of finest quality mixed with musky pine....simply amazing afterburn smell.

NL5XHz
i wish that we could test it for compounds other then terpenes. phenylpropanoids, amines, piperdine . alot of what your describing strongly implies you have a haze plant which has not lost the phenylpropanoid function which almost all cannabis has.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
summary under 250w hps, in coco perlit and very basic nutrients ( ferticare IV, CaN, epsomsalt)

A:77~g
B:77~g - spiciest of all
C:84+g
D:80+g - waffle

menthae, anise, pepper, hint of berries(blue ones), floral, piney these smells are surely present in the mix.
smoke has very intense smell and lingers the room for a while, some say it is similar to hash.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
its the more powerful defense compounds plants use called phenopropanoids / woody plants create massive amounts of lignin which shares a metabolism with phenol s high lignin equals high potency phenols. eugenol thymol are examples. very rare in cannabis but present in haze
Very interesting, I'd love to know more, where this lignin originally came from in the history of the Haze, Original Haze, NL or whatever, and how it reached the flowers. :good:

.......... I know that's asking a lot but I'm curious how far back the trait can be traced.

Piff_cat

Very interesting, I'd love to know more, where this lignin originally came from in the history of the Haze, Original Haze, NL or whatever, and how it reached the flowers. :good:

.......... I know that's asking a lot but I'm curious how far back the trait can be traced.
its a great question and ive made some progress there. hokkaido japan is the epicenter of of high lignin cannabis. in 1960 eugenol and guaiacum were isolated from wild hemp for first and only time .hokkaido finds itself surrounded by extreme environments on all 4 sides its also on a fault line causing a separation of extremes such as haiti/dominican republic dynamic. a rhododendron daricum found there creates a compound analogous to cannabichromene in the scales of protection on under sides of leaves. this specific rhodo species originated in siberia and was brought to japan after the mammoth plains period ended.
mammoth plains are fascinating time at end of last ice age 12000 years ago. many different ethnic groups gravitated to this area located in northeast asia (altai siberia northern hokkaido on to bering land bridge) it offered alot of larger animals to hunt(hence the name( and a mixing of cultures. once the ice age ended and these groups spread back out they brought alot of things from the mammoth plains to their new homes .
in 2005 karl hillig performed an allozyme allele variation comparison on landrace cannabis. allozymes slightly different proteins created in primary metabolism. they are good to trace evolution/progeny because they are not susceptible to human selection, only environment. generally your trying to find the most diverse strains and then see what lower taxa share these same allozymes. the south korean and japanese allozymes were by far the most diverse. japan had several alleles found in no other strains. but the biggest find was the shikimate pathway alleles. this pathway is responsible for creating PAL enzyme which feeds the aromatic amino acids. these aaa are the baseline for all secondary metabolites in plants and serve as a branching point for lignin, phenylpropanoids, monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes, triterpenes etc. 2 very rare allele groups came out of the shikimate pathway- skdh-a and skdh-b.
the A group contained all 7 south african strains, nigeria, and colombia. the B group contained the japanese, south korea, vietnam accesions. .heavy metals, ozone , uv, extreme temperatures are the possible reasons these rare alleles exist, but they are definitely represent the oldest of the skdh pathway allozymes and serve as the base platform of high lignin/ phenolpropanoid metabolism retention and terpenes normally only seen in gymnosperms. the majority of haze terpenes(pinene,camphene,phellandrene,carene,guiaol) are most often found in gymnosperms oleoresin. this oleoresin are defensive compounds in gymnosperms which are induced by mechanical or herbivore damage. frankincense is best example as the tree is physically injured and then the oleoresin is allowed to seep out and dry on tree trunk. so haze having that incense smell isnt a coincidence!
Phylogenetic-tree-illustrating-the-relationship-of-various-terpene-synthases-Subfamilies.png
comet2.jpg
silk s.jpg
silk.jpg

Piff_cat

kind of right yes. so under hilligs system there are 2 groups sativa and indica the sativa category includes european hemp, feral eastern european russian ruderalis basically non drug cannabis.
under indica (drug)east asian fibre/seed, feral indica in himalays nepal etc nld and wld. so east asian hemp(indica) is high in lignin and has hollow stems. (non drug)sativa fibre strains however are vey low in lignin.

since east asian hemp is drug cannabis but used for fibre/seed means the drug cannabis genes were already in there in wild.

Piff_cat

heres a few outback haze #3 x tlt n vietnam f1 by dj9. lots of vigor looking forward to see them grow up . bud is pic of mother

Attachments

• jhaze2.jpg
    jhaze2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • jhaze3.jpg
    jhaze3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • jhaze4.jpg
    jhaze4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • jhaze5.jpg
    jhaze5.jpg