What's new

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Rev.thenatural

Also, the trees on this whole post are wonderful. The 79 Oaxaca is the real deal highland. The lowland ox is bigger and even stronger tree, however any highland Mexican from any region is a nice jewel to have. The higher altitude and closer proximity to the sun and even higher UV index, allows highlands to developed a thinner leaf and why so much confusion on Sativa's at times. Thin leaf makes a sativa is very very false. Lowland Sativa's all have broader fingers. Too much pollen has been tossed in captivity and its contributed too allot of misinfo also. Thanks again for the 79. Blessings rev.thenatural

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Lovely purple oaxacan freshly cut!

picture.php

Jhhnn

Veteran

Irotas

Cannabiogen offers Mextiza- Oaxaca x (Jamaica x Nepal)- in stock at Herbie's. E$kobar offers a supposedly pure Oaxacan. Google "E$kobar seeds" to find a vendor.

I'll harvest Eldorado in a week. Pic-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52773&pictureid=1524888

The plant in the back left is another strain, Goat Wreck Haze.

Thanks for the info, kinda funny you mentioned Mextiza because I cant find it in stock anywhere, and I really liked the strain. That is why I asked those questions. I atleast want to have something like it.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Thanks for the info, kinda funny you mentioned Mextiza because I cant find it in stock anywhere, and I really liked the strain. That is why I asked those questions. I atleast want to have something like it.

Sorry about the bum tip about Herbie's. Goggle Mextiza to find sites listing vendors who supposedly have it. Dunno if they'll ship to where you are or about their reliability.

It's been a hit so I suspect they'll make more. Might take awhile. You could explore the other side of the ancestry with Nepalese jam, supposedly quite good.

The reason I'm growing Eldorado is because I grew Royal Flush (Jock Horror x Eldorado) & really liked it- aroma, flavor & effect. I can't smoke it late in the evening because it keeps me awake. It's my daytime favorite & I have damned little of it left.

SpaceBros.

Other than nirvana, where can you buy pure oaxacan seeds? Or atleast a pure sativa with oaxacan in it?

Well there's:

Mexican Sativa - Sensi
(Mexican Oahakan x Pakistani Hash Plant x Durban)

Nevil’s Haze #21 x Oaxacan (Kanga's trance Male)
via the dubious Old School Breeder's Association

Mextiza - Cannabiogen
(Oaxaca '79 x Nepal/Jamaica)

Purple Oaxacan - Eskobar
Oaxacan selection

El Dorado - Nirvana
Oaxacan 12 generation backcross

Irotas

Sorry about the bum tip about Herbie's. Goggle Mextiza to find sites listing vendors who supposedly have it. Dunno if they'll ship to where you are or about their reliability.

It's been a hit so I suspect they'll make more. Might take awhile. You could explore the other side of the ancestry with Nepalese jam, supposedly quite good.

The reason I'm growing Eldorado is because I grew Royal Flush (Jock Horror x Eldorado) & really liked it- aroma, flavor & effect. I can't smoke it late in the evening because it keeps me awake. It's my daytime favorite & I have damned little of it left.

Is the Eldorado a 100% pure Sativa? Some of the pictures ive seen they have fat leaves. This might be my only option.

Irotas

Well there's:

Mexican Sativa - Sensi
(Mexican Oahakan x Pakistani Hash Plant x Durban)

Nevil’s Haze #21 x Oaxacan (Kanga's trance Male)
via the dubious Old School Breeder's Association

Mextiza - Cannabiogen
(Oaxaca '79 x Nepal/Jamaica)

Purple Oaxacan - Eskobar
Oaxacan selection

El Dorado - Nirvana
Oaxacan 12 generation backcross

Thanks for the reply. I can't find nevil's haze #21, purple oaxacan, and Mextiza is sold out. I would get the one from sensi but it's not a pure sativa like I would like.

SpaceBros.

Thanks for the reply. I can't find nevil's haze #21, purple oaxacan, and Mextiza is sold out. I would get the one from sensi but it's not a pure sativa like I would like.

You can contact Cannabiogen direct for Mextiza stock, they have a website and a section in the Seed Vendors thread here. Oaxacan IBL is by Eskobar at a site not affiliated with ICMag so you'll have to google for it. It's only a "semi-sativa" with a 8 - 8.5 week flowering time. I can't find the NH#21xOaxacan available either so maybe forget about that one. Sensi's is mostly Sativa with 9-12 weeks flowering.

Personally I'd buy all four (including Nirvana's El Dorado) if I had the space and grow out and select and breed from there.

Unfortunately I don't and based on my research El Dorado seemed the most authentic so I went for that one. There are some broader leaved Mexican Sativas so don't let that put you off.

Check out the thread here if you haven't already done so:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309804

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hola,

I'm about to try that supposed oaxacan IBL! In fact it's not super dry ... so i'll mix that with a bit of dry kashmir! (no fucking tobacco in mix) gonna die.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Is the Eldorado a 100% pure Sativa? Some of the pictures ive seen they have fat leaves. This might be my only option.

Only Nirvana knows the answer to that. At this point, it's not a "landrace" but rather a well worked highly domesticated strain. Quite why the description is what it is I have no idea. The buds are not "thin & airy" at all. It has hybrid form with stiff sturdy stems & uniform growth habit.

I suspect that Cannabiogen's "Jarilla de Sinaloa" & E$ko's "Jalisco IBL" are as close to Mexican landrace cultivars as can be obtained in the market.

The "purity" of Mexican cultivars in general at this point is highly suspect. The WoD and availability of Dutch genetics pushed growers towards shorter flowering varieties as a matter of practicality & likely resulted in the demise of some long flowering older cultivars. Cannabis is a cash crop in remote areas of Mexico for some pretty poor people so the objective has been to have the crop picked, bricked & gone before the choppers show up. The advent of Cartel marketing didn't help, either. It's not like buyers are competing for the best stuff- it just has to be good enough to fetch standard prices. It was commoditized long ago.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Ohhhh boy! I could already say than it's gonna be a warm overwhelming high ... a bit of visual, but mostly energetic! Wanna dance.

Jhhnn

Veteran

There are other pure sativas on the market, notably from Ace & Cannabiogen, also others like Original Delicatessen. Ace's Guatemala is probably kissing cousins with Mexican lines.

Irotas

You can contact Cannabiogen direct for Mextiza stock, they have a website and a section in the Seed Vendors thread here. Oaxacan IBL is by Eskobar at a site not affiliated with ICMag so you'll have to google for it. It's only a "semi-sativa" with a 8 - 8.5 week flowering time. I can't find the NH#21xOaxacan available either so maybe forget about that one. Sensi's is mostly Sativa with 9-12 weeks flowering.

Personally I'd buy all four (including Nirvana's El Dorado) if I had the space and grow out and select and breed from there.

Unfortunately I don't and based on my research El Dorado seemed the most authentic so I went for that one. There are some broader leaved Mexican Sativas so don't let that put you off.

Check out the thread here if you haven't already done so:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309804

I tried contacting them, and they said it has been out of stock for some time. Wish I knew it was starting to go out of stock when I bought them. I probably will try El Dorado though, thanks.

Irotas

There are other pure sativas on the market, notably from Ace & Cannabiogen, also others like Original Delicatessen. Ace's Guatemala is probably kissing cousins with Mexican lines.

I do rememeber on the guatamala description it may be related to mexican varieies. Just sucks because Mextiza was very fast for a pure sativa. I might just grow that and panama. Thanks for the info.