What's new

the Mexican Landraces Thread

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hola,

Seriously, we laugh last night like we didn't since a while! At the top of or highest, everything we was hearing was really none sense!

But i should admit we smoke like 4-5 splif in 3-4 hours! ... That what it's for my earlier oaxacan IBL, now i'm curious to try next week these most sativa pheno i cut last week end at 9 wks flowering!

jay sus

that´s where sativas pay off. no or low tolerance lets you get really high. every hit counts:biggrin:.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
that´s where sativas pay off. no or low tolerance lets you get really high. every hit counts:biggrin:.

Yep, and what's great with that mexican! Most of the time even if you are super high, you got no paranoia or anxiety.

Super high, we go out at the market buying couples beers! We was feeling a bit as we were on a mission (funny it was) :tiphat:

dezman

Hi!
I have a question for The mexican connoiseurs.
A friend from mexico sent me some seeds from the golden triangle (as he call it) durango,chiuahua,sinaloa and as he told me the place is the main source sent to the states.
My question is if there are any chances that these are the real deal? Or may be hybrydized to dutch genetics. I've seen a few photos of some plants he is growing from the same stuff and to be honest they don't look like pure sativas, but north mexican strains if i am not wrong. They tend to look more hybrids than pure sats.
I have some oaxacan purple on the way as well and the only photo i've seen looks more on the wild side.
My plan if they are real is to cross them to mextiza and mexican south african(o. Delicatessen). And the oaxacan is going to be reproduced as well(kept pure) i have confidence on this one.
Do you guys think i have chances to get a real mexican with the golden triangle?
Thanks in advance and excuse my spelling as i am spanish.
Thanks

Croissant

desman it sounds like some authentic Mexican seeds. Even in mexico probably a lot of strains have been hybridized.

For whatever reason the online community tends to categorize entire regions like Mexican or even oaxacan. It is likely though that each ranch has or at least had their own family line of cannabis, corn, tomatoes, peppers etc. So while one familys oaxacan might be such a way over the hill might be something really different.

dezman

Thanks for the response.
I am really excited to get the real mexican stuff. The line from golden triangle as my friend told me gives a strong clear high with almost no body stone.
I will pop some of them and check what they look.
As i love mexican weed (from my early years of stoner) if i see in the first round they are worth it i will cross them to everything i got right now and of course keep them pure.
And the oaxacan purple is supposedly brought from high altitude cultivars. And this one is going to be my dream come true from what i seen in the only photo. This is gonna be cross to itself and to mextiza and mex/s.a.
I really can't wait to get my hands on this two strains. Of course i will gift seeds to everybody that like them (this is my plan of course somethings can go wrong) but i will love to see more mexican ladys in good hands.
Sadly in spain most people is growing hybrids and autocrap. And when you tell people you only grow regular seeds. They laugh at you and ask you if you are crazy. MALES for what the fuck you want them??? It's sad!!! I can imagine why all the good pure strains are almost gone.
If i have any chance i will send seeds to somebody that can share with people interested. So the strains can be grown for everybody that wants them. Of course this is the plan. I still dont have the seeds so...i must wait.
See you.
P.d. the more i smoke mextiza the harder it gets for me to write. Nice job CBG

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
To be honest, i pass or almost pass couple weeks there or around there every winter!

And then in "golden triangle" it's everything that goes or used to goes in U.S.A ... So, there is a lot of indica gens in there product because they would speed up production!

But these days in golden triangle, they are back to poppies production!

If you look for something not to hybridized you'll have to look farther than sinaloa!

Jarrila seems to be really or mostly untouched, she range in 11/12 weeks of flowering

dezman

Thanks mister d!
Yeah i heard lots of people talking about indica genes in the area. But a few people talking about how the narcos buy farmers crops and some may still be untouched. So i was expecting an untouched crop. That was the reason of my question. I want to hear opinions of people that knows better than me.
By poppies you mean opium right?.
I want the jarrilla from cbg as well but i am broke now. And my wife could kill me if i buy another packet of seed. But i will love to grow them side by side to compare. Probably this summer will happen.
Well i will pop them anyways and see what comes out.
Thanks again

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
having a lot of Mexican friends and living so close to boarder I can tell ya 90% of their stuff is hybrids now...hard to find the pure strains....yeehaw...a friend of mine who deals with them a lot for a long time said he brought seeds down to a few farmers in the early 80s....yeehaw...I grow some mexi now and then...just made some seeds recently..almost all the commercial crops are hybrids now...

Jhhnn

Veteran
I've been sampling my recent Eldorado harvest & am favorably impressed. It's clearly been worked & I can't speak to the purity of its ancestry but it's quite potent & has the right effect & flavor, very reminiscent of top shelf Mexican from long ago. I got that from the first toke. Felt like coming home.

It was easy to grow & manage, good yielder, also a bargain at the price. It's something to consider for folks who want to experience Mexican genetics but don't have access to more exotic seed lines. I posted more detail over in the Nirvana Eldorado thread & pics in my albums for anybody interested.

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
forgot to share these here... Hope you are very good wherever you are Chischas.
12 fingers/Oaxaca
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Saludos wey´s
n

God bless

Wonderful thread. Always wanted to grow some Mexican herb since my last trip to visit familia to Culiacan back in 2000! Looking to get my hands on some Mexican & oaxacan land race and maybe Acapulco gold also. God bless.

God bless

Just found out the breeder I know also has Mexican re hair seeds, and respect seeds, a Juanita lagrimosa x cantaloupe haze cross!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
OK so here is my latest Mexican Land-sativa lady that got harvested around 8 days ago and put back under 24/0 light. heres to hopen that this lady revegs well. so this lady came from some good n green Reggie buds. Also here's a pic of the kinda buds she will end up producing.

picture.php

picture.php