What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

nirvana eldorado

jay sus

popped two seeds 3 weeks ago. slow progress(had them in balcony first two weeks and it has been really cold summer here. now under 300w led panel for few days)

gonnagrow

Experiencing the same problem, slow growing plant. First run was just meh. Didn't live up to its reputation. We'll see what the second run does, its been vegging about 5 weeks and is about 7-8" or so high. Topped once.

jay sus

Experiencing the same problem, slow growing plant. First run was just meh. Didn't live up to its reputation. We'll see what the second run does, its been vegging about 5 weeks and is about 7-8" or so high. Topped once.
how was it? was it at least sativa? in some pics it looks like sativa and in others more hybrid.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I intend to start some in August. I was inspired to do that because of a fondness for long ago high end Mexican & also for their Royal Flush, EldoradoXJockHorror. I grew some last year. It's not the strongest I've grown over the last 2 years, but it's my favorite because it has a great high, sweet flavor & smooth smoke. Not heavy like a lot of modern hybrids from MMJ heritage- clearer, more active, great for toking a bit here & there all day long. Get up and do something weed.

If memory serves me, Eldorado may take it even more in that direction.

I'll check back in when I have something more to contribute.

C

Cannabisso

They do look quite vigorous indeed. Why do they have such wide leaves?

Last edited:

jay sus

could be. but i grow under leds, and most sativas have wider leaves(until fifth or so set of leaves), then those start narrowing

Jhhnn

Veteran
They do look quite vigorous indeed. Why do they have such wide leaves? Isn't el dorado supposed to be a 100% sativa from Mexico?
Do you think it was crossed to a Dutch indica hybrid to shorten the flowering time?

Nobody outside Nirvana knows for sure. Even way back in the early 70's some Mexican varieties were fairly broad leafed. As a much younger man, we grew a lot of the stuff outdoors back then, if not really very well. Also, as jay sus offers, it's hard to tell much before the plants get some size to them.

Mine went into paper towels to germ today. Also some goat wreck haze. They're both supposedly 12 week strains. I''m hoping to harvest before Thanksgiving.

jay sus

it´s my first run with these. had a ten year break from growing, back then i could not hope to get this kind of strains. only dutch way of things. it´s good at what it is, but i sure as shit don´t want it to be only thing there is. good luck with those jjhnn! i don´t need this to be that strong, i got that part covered but i hope to get sativa of medium strenght and good high for sativa hybrid. life is good these days

jay sus

how about lebanese and sinai cannabisso? i remember real good lebanese yellow hash. way better than red lebanese that we had then (~ 1990).