What's new

The LED Company I've Been Waiting For

VanqLEDs

PetFlora been reading your threads. really good stuff. I'm learning a lot from your threads and links. times have changed since the 60s when I was a dirty hippy.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am noticing a lot more heat from the top (back) side of SPYDR, which is 8" below where the hot5 currently is holding place- just in case

essentially, it is acting as a quasi top, but all four sides between the 2 are open, plenty of air flow potential

Today, I repositioned my fan so it blows across both the SPYDR and the top of the plants, but it is perpendicular to the SPYDR bars

I just emailed BML

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a positive response from BML-

That means the heat sink is doing its job

Our fixture relies on conduction and convection to keep the LEDs operating at the target temperature. The fan will cool the LEDs, and this will increase your PAR levels.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A mile marker of sorts- 30 days from first pistils

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper

I am beginning to see Silver tric clusters

The big plant now smells like Blueberries

Pics 1-2 are from BMM

Com by the grow thread for today's pics
[/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buds continue to pack on the weight

plus trics are very silvery, hence the name Silver Skunk

However, I am not smelling skunk from the big plant, more like a pungent pine

The shorter plant does have a delicate Blueberry Cheesecake aroma
:biggrin:

The last 2 pic are under the ufos + recently added 1 x 4 WW commercial panel light (~ 40w) a few days ago. Pistils coming fast now

Changed nutes today. Now ~ 800

View attachment 269749 View attachment 269750 View attachment 269751

View attachment 269752 View attachment 269753

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many of the buds are so heavy the tops cannot hold them upright

It occurred to me to add another level of cubes so I could use the top horizontal bars to support the stems/branches

Wish I had thought of it before taking pics this morning

cocogrower

Seem like a clever design, the light gets very evenly distributed with minimal loss. What lenses did you go for? or did you go without to maximize the total output?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
On input from Med-Man I decided to cut the lights today

Plants will be in the dark for a couple days then I will chop

Will take new pics as I chop

View attachment 273100 View attachment 273101 View attachment 273102

There were lots skeptics about whether white is better than Red//Blue, or multi-spectrums chips, we can put those arguments to bed:moon::biggrin:

After flowering my first grow using a BML SPYDR 600, I think it's more than safe to say it is a contender

When you factor in its' many unique features

* 6 bars provide even distribution over entire canopy
* Bars adjustable spine from ~ 18" to 36"
* Bars can be tilted in/out to max coverage
* Passive cooling- no noisy/crappy CPU fans
* Uniform coverage of 4 x 4
* Pick your own spectrums

It's down right hard to beat

Next test, a complete grow from seedlings

Will it do as well as a veg light?

Probably won't start until mid-late August

I still have 2-3 weeks left with the UFO tent, into which I added the 2 BML bars today, hung vertically on each side of the plant

Pics later

Dr.Nonagon

Auto Mazar

1 gram per watt ~ 350g/345w

no white 440, 470, 525, 640, 660

I'm not sure what the BML argument proves. That plants grow under white LED light? We already know that. It's pretty hard to say that multi spectrum chips don't work, when they clearly work extremely well. Photo of the Auto Mazar provided.

I would include a like to the light in question but I don't want to mess with your BML advertising thread.

2mht1n7.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Light, like nutrients is energy

Will plants adapt to lessor than full spectrum light? Of course

Will the subsequent generations grown under such conditions suffer? Of course

All you need do is look at the soil 99% of all commercial vegetables are grown in, which according to USDA (Agriculture), the top soil has been 'dead' for decades. Essential micro-nutrients are not restored

Consequently, ever more pesticides and insecticides are needed, leading to Monsanto to create GMO seeds which have pesticides and insecticides gene spliced into the seeds.

Farmers cannot get seeds from these plants and are forced to buy new GMO seeds each year

Not only do these 'foods' lack taste, more people sick and on meds than ever before

and why Organic foods is so popular, but expensive

Do as you will, but I know better, and have tried to educate you, but I know this is so foreign to many that they will refuse to believe it, though the facts are right in front of you

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Genius?

Hardly, just more knowledgeable about the interrelationship

I was pre-med, so Botany was basic curriculum

Light, well been studying it since I bought my first (and last) R/B ufo 90 some 3.5 years ago

That was a $360 lesson I do not plan to repeat

Back then, white leds were nothing to speak about, but for the last year+, they have become pretty amazing with more to come

They do everything that RBs do, plus fill in the rest of the spectrums