What's new

The LED Company I've Been Waiting For

Voidling

Hey petflora, I think I was reading your posts on aeroponics as well? Just looked up bml after it being recommended at the grow shop. I'm trying to find coverage numbers for the bars. Did they send you that type of information? I email a week or two back and haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey petflora, I think I was reading your posts on aeroponics as well? Just looked up bml after it being recommended at the grow shop. I'm trying to find coverage numbers for the bars. Did they send you that type of information? I email a week or two back and haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks

Yep I went off the deep end with HPA :laughing:

On the BML site> Horticulture tab> scroll to PDF on right side of page> scroll down ~ half way you will see umole charts

The umoles are respectable when bars are kept close together, not as much when spread to 3 x 3, the perimeter past 3 x 3 is pretty weak

Voidling

I'm looking for a veg light in a 2'x2'x2.5' cube. I am liking for a grow light for a 2'x4' 5 or 7 ft tall tent. I was looking at blackstar for price and guarantee but interested in bml single bars as the spyder won't fit.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Lush Lighting use 3w Cree
They are part of the forum, and it is based around MJ

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The Lumenator 2x is too powerful for your micro?

It would be perfect for a micro setup with a $15-20 radioshack 80cfm ac/dc fan for a exhaust that would be powerful enough to flow through a simple home-made carbon scrubber.

Unless your on of the PC hobby growers or something?

Voidling

Oh if I get the tent it'd work I'm that. Forgot about it but then again haven't heard back from my friend in a couple months about borrowing it. My personal cab is a little bigger than a computer case but not a whole lot. It's actually a little smaller than the 2x2x2.5 I said earlier, it's what I previously flowered in. I don't use much and don't risk selling. Live in the south where heat can be a problem for the vast majority of the year and the 200w hps cooked my bedroom with the Windows open in December. having to keep the door shut is part of the problem.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh if I get the tent it'd work I'm that. Forgot about it but then again haven't heard back from my friend in a couple months about borrowing it. My personal cab is a little bigger than a computer case but not a whole lot. It's actually a little smaller than the 2x2x2.5 I said earlier, it's what I previously flowered in. I don't use much and don't risk selling. Live in the south where heat can be a problem for the vast majority of the year and the 200w hps cooked my bedroom with the Windows open in December. having to keep the door shut is part of the problem.

You could get 2-3 @ <18" BML custom bars, which run cool. The power supply connects via long umbilicals, so they can be outside the small space

Voidling

Thanks petflora. Is that for a 2x4 tent or for my tiny cab?

I see 12" and then 24" bars. Looks like a single long bar is significantly cheaper than multiple short ones to the same length :(

Those pictures make me miss growing

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks petflora. Is that for a 2x4 tent or for my tiny cab?

I see 12" and then 24" bars. Looks like a single long bar is significantly cheaper than multiple short ones to the same length :(

Those pictures make me miss growing

You can get multiple 12"

Put some above and some in opposite or each corner
as side lighting

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wrap up

121 gms dry trimmed buds. Pretty decent haul, but...

I was presumptuous selecting the title for this thread

The ability to equally spread the light over a canopy, cannot be denied. Light intensity quickly falls off beyond a 2x2x2 below the light with small single panels
, and most plants are bigger than that

Amare panels are designed to be clustered to fill whatever space the grower has, PLUS, they are electrically piggybacked, so the grower can simply add more panels, as funds are available, to grow in larger spaces, all off one power cord

Osram didoes are excellent - the problem is BMLs opaque diffusers reduced the amount of light hitting the plants

The major issues with the SPYDR are exactly what I told BML before they supplied the SPYDR

Lack of o/o switch to control when to add reds

I expect they will make those changes and come into the market with a mj specific product/s. That I would like to test

I am growing the same Silver Skunk BX1 plants from seeds, this time under Amare Technologies Solar Spec LEDs, which are designed by an mj grower who bought a bunch of so-called mj LED panels in his quest, and found them all lacking. He had the knowledge and re$source$ to build what we want :woohoo:

So I took another leap of faith

The new thread begins with 2 SS 150s, to which I hope to add 2 more soon for fill the 50 x 50 foot print

Hope to see you all there

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=295719

View attachment 291038 View attachment 291039

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Dan C

Oops... Yeah
woohoo.gif

I found a couple branches I had placed in a paper bag

Totally dry

4.9 more grams

Hey thanks for this thread, I really think those lamps are the $hit! I want about ten of them haha, looking fwd. to getting the time to read each and every post and seeing how they treat you. I have a LED lamp that's a 2015 model. Are we allowed to post about different brands and models here? I know some of the other boards wont allow it if its not one from theyre paid sponsers.