What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

info on the landrace team

Lebanizer

They have an aweful lot of different landraces from all around the globe, it looks like landrace paradise. Does anybody have any experience with them ? Are they legit ? How about their seeds ? How genuine are they ? They could ruin my wallet lol 😂. Their stock is reminiscent of RSC but more expanded not just Asian or African.

Something that I find rather fishy though, is that there's no price or seed packages displayed anywhere and you need to get in touch with them for a pricing.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Cheers.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was contacted by Riddle/he is with TLT, about giving him some Snowhigh seeds I had. I declined and told him to buy them from Snow.

I did not want to do business with him or them, but the lines they hold were just too tempting. I grew out their Black Congo and got smoke that took me back to '73 and very good Mexican pot. You figure it out, but I am real happy with that. Just got their Ugandan Mamba and have high hopes there.

I have heard good things on their Punto Rojo and now the Vietnamese. The dealings with Riddle were not good and he seemed real desperate to get lines from people on the net, not going to remote places and sourcing them there. I have no idea where he got these African lines, from people that held them in Europe/US or from someone from TLT going to Africa. The genetics seem solid from my own experience and what I read. There are so many lines they carry it is impossible to say on all of them.

Hashislife

hey,
I'm very interested in them too, unfortunately I read another topic about them.
apparently it would be very expensive, 100€ 10-12 regular seeds.
other comments stated, that he only sells/offers if he is interested in your genetics. I hope there is a mistake because their varieties from Kazakhstan or North Korea seem interesting.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I was contacted by Riddle/he is with TLT, about giving him some Snowhigh seeds I had. I declined and told him to buy them from Snow.

You and every other grower I know who may have something that interest him too. That's his nature, from the very first post many of us realized we was serving his own interest and up to something sneaky.

I have no idea where he got these African lines, from people that held them in Europe/US or from someone from TLT going to Africa. The genetics seem solid from my own experience and what I read.

They are just locals trying to sell seeds to westerners and make some quick money. The guy who provided the Ugandan and Malawi was an african hustler who was trying to sell seeds to anyone that asked about his pictures and is currently running a small farm somewhere and growing US hybrids, so you can be sure he doesn't give a shit about preservation or even quality sativas. All the sativa heads I know actually had some kind of conversation with him where he offered his "goods". No one even tested or grew the plants before they got sold, the pictures are the same the african guy sent everyone. Most were sent directly to Criposo in Colombia, who used to be the grower reproducing the seeds for TLT and also the guy who collected all the Colombian strains. They may have more people producing seeds now since the company grew a bit.

Others like the Kibungan and other Philippines strains from TLT and Khalifa were provided by a pinoy grower and gardener aficionado I know that shared seeds with the wrong people, ignoring most were just desperate to find rare genetics to make money with in the seed market, and not the landrace preservationists they preached about. The wors thing is that all this guys are just seed brokers, not breeders or even growers/smokers. They are just seed merchants, the could be selling electronics or chinese fake items instead, they simply ended in the seed industry for some reason and saw the biz oportunity or the lack of regulation. Similarly, the Indian, Afghans or latest Thai seed bussinesses like Zomia are doing all the same.

If you think TLT team is some kind of sativa lover/grower travelling around the world searching for landraces and bringing seeds from the best genetics they can smoke, you couldn't be so wrong. It's all bullshit and marketing for us stoners, they know the tags they must use like thai sticks, legendary 70s sativas and so on. Others, were just obtained through trading on forums, especially during the first years of Riddly, when he was begging for seeds through all possible forums on the whole Internet. But i'm afraind since RSC, TLT, Zomia and others discovered the gold mine of third world locals trying to make some money selling seeds on Instagram, they never looked back into trying to obtain seeds from breeders or members from the community or even waste time on travelling themselves, it is way easier to network from home like this and the offer is never ending. As soon as you offer some money, all the doors just open in front of you.

And of course, buying any of this seeds is hit and miss unless you plan to grow big numbers for a proper selection or breeding project. Some can be good, others could be just hemp. But nowadays the "exotic landrace" tag just seem to have become a trendy one everyone is willing to pay for. Hype is what really matters, be it Californian hybrids or rare genetics. The funny thing is how they charge for this seeds like if they were a 10 year breeding work from a reputable breeder who has been growing such plants for years or they were really proven and verified genetics for breeders. It's a jungle out there :D.

Best.

Hashislife

^^ He contacted me before he was selling seeds. He will sell you anything he has I am sure.

hey, i
contacted tlt in december, but only answered once, then nothing. it's sad, because if they were more accessible, they would surely have many more customers, me first. normally I grow one to two landrace varieties per year, in addition to hybrids. and I'm very interested in some strains that rsc unfortunately doesn't offer.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Hashislife

You and every other grower I know who may have something that interest him too. That's his nature, from the very first post many of us realized we was serving his own interest and up to something sneaky.

They are just locals trying to sell seeds to westerners and make some quick money. The guy who provided the Ugandan and Malawi was an african hustler who was trying to sell seeds to anyone that asked about his pictures and is currently running a small farm somewhere and growing US hybrids, so you can be sure he doesn't give a shit about preservation or even quality sativas. All the sativa heads I know actually had some kind of conversation with him where he offered his "goods". No one even tested or grew the plants before they got sold, the pictures are the same the african guy sent everyone. Most were sent directly to Criposo in Colombia, who used to be the grower reproducing the seeds for TLT and also the guy who collected all the Colombian strains. They may have more people producing seeds now since the company grew a bit.

Others like the Kibungan and other Philippines strains from TLT and Khalifa were provided by a pinoy grower and gardener aficionado I know that shared seeds with the wrong people, ignoring most were just desperate to find rare genetics to make money with in the seed market, and not the landrace preservationists they preached about. The wors thing is that all this guys are just seed brokers, not breeders or even growers/smokers. They are just seed merchants, the could be selling electronics or chinese fake items instead, they simply ended in the seed industry for some reason and saw the biz oportunity or the lack of regulation. Similarly, the Indian, Afghans or latest Thai seed bussinesses like Zomia are doing all the same.

If you think TLT team is some kind of sativa lover/grower travelling around the world searching for landraces and bringing seeds from the best genetics they can smoke, you couldn't be so wrong. It's all bullshit and marketing for us stoners, they know the tags they must use like thai sticks, legendary 70s sativas and so on. Others, were just obtained through trading on forums, especially during the first years of Riddly, when he was begging for seeds through all possible forums on the whole Internet. But i'm afraind since RSC, TLT, Zomia and others discovered the gold mine of third world locals trying to make some money selling seeds on Instagram, they never looked back into trying to obtain seeds from breeders or members from the community or even waste time on travelling themselves, it is way easier to network from home like this and the offer is never ending. As soon as you offer some money, all the doors just open in front of you.

And of course, buying any of this seeds is hit and miss unless you plan to grow big numbers for a proper selection or breeding project. Some can be good, others could be just hemp. But nowadays the "exotic landrace" tag just seem to have become a trendy one everyone is willing to pay for. Hype is what really matters, be it Californian hybrids or rare genetics. The funny thing is how they charge for this seeds like if they were a 10 year breeding work from a reputable breeder who has been growing such plants for years or they were really proven and verified genetics for breeders. It's a jungle out there :D.

Best.

hmmmm, that makes you think. so it wouldn't be enthusiasts like rsc?

Hashislife

Apparently no, just money grabbers. Mustafunk's post leaves no room for ambiguity I'd say.

how sad.
I've been thinking for a while about crossing Turkestan weed (Kazakhstan Uyghurs), a Chinese variety, and a Tibetan variety (Nepal if there isn't better), calling it Xin Jing Pin, in protest against the dictatorship, as well as other varieties for other dictatorships.
It may sound trivial, but someone once said: Cannabis is capable of down a government. (I use gg trad, sorry if the transcription of the citation is not exact.) which is very poetic, and pushed me to adopt this creed. 😉

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
so it wouldn't be enthusiasts like rsc?

That's probably what they want you to believe. But don't be so naive, the scene is changing, many people discussed this topic before. He's just real greedy, a con artist. Many seed sellers/breeders nowadays rarely spent time with the plants themselves, many seed work is hired from freelancers, it's all about money. Often seed sellers don't even know or experienced the genetics they sell. That's obviously the case of TLT. Just research on the nick Riddly and his career on different forums or feedback on him. He scammed lots of people and breeders from the forums during this past years, who were naive enough to share their work with him.

He was exposed several times in years. Not a long ago he first appeared at forums, telling some bullshit about his background and shortly after, started the seed bussiness after he failed to sell some Kerala seeds to RSC and he declined, so he had to find a way to sell the seeds he sourced by himself, then just got more greedy. I never seen a grow log from him or any discussion where you could even sense any interest or knowledge on breeding or genetics. All his posts were just soliciting seeds or info on where to find them, and sniping all the landrace heads for seeds, while staying in the shadows. He didn't even care about being more discreet, turning into a blatant seed broker like I've said, who could be selling chinese knock-offs instead and will tell anything you want to hear in order to give him your money.

Someone told me once that real breeders or enthusiasts are focusing on their gardens/projects and rarely have much time left to waste on time consuming things like social media or forums. I've came to realize he was 100% right. That leaves you with a seed scene packed with oportunists and hustlers that found a tool to succeed on social media, while most are on the hunt for cash and easy props and have very little to offer in return. But potential customers seem still lost and desperate to find the Holy Grail, trusting the seed market gimmicks rather than researching the scene thoroughly like they should, originating a never ending snake biting its own tail: simply greedy sellers preying on uninformed customers, like in any other market.

SUPER_HAZE

I asked him a few years ago when he started. Only had the Colombian ones and little else. As soon as he told me the price I ran away from him.
Just by looking at the prices that many people put on seeds, you can see who is only there for the money. Trsc has more or less reasonable prices, but landrace team or others like indian landrace that I have come to see 100 or 150 euros for 10 seeds that you can get anything and that you need enough seeds to select and reproduce the best.
They are clearly greedy people.
All this is the fault of the people who are willing to pay what they ask for without caring about the high prices.
Also when I have seen all the varieties that landrace team has been able to have in such a short time it smells very bad and it is all as Mustafunk says.

Lebanizer

others like indian landrace that I have come to see 100 or 150 euros for 10 seeds that you can get anything and that you need enough seeds to select and reproduce the best.

Totally, ILE is yet another greedy money grabber. Their prices are totally bonkers especially if you consider that some of their lines are actually just side of the road/feral/wild type seeds. No way in hell I'm paying 100 € euros for 10 seeds of that.

Hashislife

I asked him a few years ago when he started. Only had the Colombian ones and little else. As soon as he told me the price I ran away from him.
Just by looking at the prices that many people put on seeds, you can see who is only there for the money. Trsc has more or less reasonable prices, but landrace team or others like indian landrace that I have come to see 100 or 150 euros for 10 seeds that you can get anything and that you need enough seeds to select and reproduce the best.
All this is the fault of the people who are willing to pay what they ask for without caring about the high prices.
Also when I have seen all the varieties that landrace team has been able to have in such a short time it smells very bad and it is all as Mustafunk says.

it's incredible,
I lived in Colombia in Cali a year, I was given free whole bags with thousand of cripi seeds, and colombian gold (genetically polluted unfortunately, but very good) weed cost nothing ($50 500g). and they will sell you just 10 seeds, 100$??! It's driving me crazy, no qualms on their part.🤮
Fun fact: the Medellín hash was the best polm i have smoke i years.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
it's incredible,
I lived in Colombia in Cali a year, I was given free whole bags with thousand of cripi seeds, and colombian gold (genetically polluted unfortunately, but very good) weed cost nothing ($50 500g). and they will sell you just 10 seeds, 100$??! It's driving me crazy, no qualms on their part.🤮
Fun fact: the Medellín hash was the best polm i have smoke i years.

How cool!! Question about 'cripi'? Is that a strain name, or just another way of saying good weed? I have never seen Colombian cripi seeds for sale anywhere.

As I am in the middle of pulling down an open-pollenated sativa, I am sick of damn seeds.