What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the kush, the whole kush, and nothing but the kush.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Lol, I've got to stop going downstairs and fingering the ladies. I've been out of flowers for a couple weeks now, and I'm smoking oil made from year old material that wasn't stored with humidity in mind, so its pretty bland and very dark.

Its Seriously taking all of my will as an experienced grower not to chop a week early, I know I'd regret it.

I know the feeling.....Maybe just take 1? :dance:

TheArchitect

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

:dance013:

theother

Looking very good!! You have done a great job with that canopy and it shows in those colas. I'll say it again, taming a canopy and getting what you need out of it is poetry in motion.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Looking very good!! You have done a great job with that canopy and it shows in those colas. I'll say it again, taming a canopy and getting what you need out of it is poetry in motion.

So, about 6 years ago, shortly before I started growing myself, I used to help a buddy trim at the 2-3week point in flower. It initially blew me away what we were doing, taking the bottom 2/3 of the plant, but the results spoke for themselves. I get really aggressive, but stick to about half the plant, anything too weak/not in the top half of the canopy gets completely removed. I also use this time to bend and train any unruly shoots trying for apical dominance.

:tiphat:

Wow, big thick dense forest!! :)

Do you circulate air under the canopy?

Thanks. No, no fans under the canopy, but the intake for my dehumidifier is under the canopy, and the outlet is up top.

phazer

Nice looking plants bro, always loved some tahoe. I thought I had it bad reaching and crawling to water my babies at times, but damn thats gotta be a workout haha. Cant wait to see some final shots

TheArchitect

Veteran
Nice garden, can't wait to see the chop. I'm getting some clones of this and the fire cut this week to veg up:woohoo:

Thank you, Oliver, I've never had the fire, in all honesty I don't have a ton of experience with a huge variety of different genetics. I originally got 4 legit cuts from my old supplier, it sounds crazy but he str8 gave me the opportunity to come cut as many clones as reasonable off his vegging tables. I had the Tahoe, g-13, train wreck, and Indiana bubblegum. This is the one I kept. I do have a bubba-train-haze and gth#9 from rare dankness that are str8 fire, but they take 10-11 weeks and in needed two runs in 5 months or less. They will show up in future runs when I have the luxury of extra time and space.

Nice looking plants bro, always loved some tahoe. I thought I had it bad reaching and crawling to water my babies at times, but damn thats gotta be a workout haha. Cant wait to see some final shots

Thanks, phazer, the reaching and crawling certainly isn't ideal lol, eventually an auto watering system will be put in place.

Mouth watering shots - like a lemonhead. cant wait for the harvest can you?

Thanks, Boyd, and no harvest can not come soon enough, I'm frikin dying without product.

theother

So, about 6 years ago, shortly before I started growing myself, I used to help a buddy trim at the 2-3week point in flower. It initially blew me away what we were doing, taking the bottom 2/3 of the plant, but the results spoke for themselves. I get really aggressive, but stick to about half the plant, anything too weak/not in the top half of the canopy gets completely removed. I also use this time to bend and train any unruly shoots trying for apical dominance.

I always go back and forth on when to clean up the sucker branches. I clean all new growth pretty much up to the tips before flip, make sure they recover , then flip them. I always have to come back and get the lowest of the growth because it creates these lower sucker branches (most of my keepers are super broad leaf indicas bubba, la, stuff like that and penetration through the canopy is horrible). This run I am gonna go through at like 2.5 weeks and clean. I feel like if I wait until stack is over to get those off of there it steals from the tops a bit. But on the other hand it could be that the cleaning up of the plants steals some vigor.

I have convinced myself that the plants I run are so fucking big that they don't even notice the removal of the new growth. My guess is it's about 5% of the plant that gets removed.

Why'd you give up the g13 if you mind me asking? I've never had the chance to run it. I was hoping to run mk-ultra which is a g13xkush, but only one of the 2 seeds popped before it was eaten by mites, along with a blue og. I've been looking for a cut but may give up the search if it's not worth it seeing the few seats left in my stable. My favorite short cycle strains are a chronic or ak, anyone of the "superskunks", and McFly if you ever come across them. The 2 formers are pretty common and can be had in seed. McFly is clone only and is similar to Cindy. I'm assuming you'll be looking for variety when you have more space.

Btw what's your experience with cns? How do you like it? How do you think it compares to other nutes in terms of smell/yield/taste? The plants appear to like it. I'm running through a few gallons of PBP I got for free but the dilution ratio sucks and I question whether its worth the money next to maxi or jack's.

I hope your bitches get fat stinkin asses in the best way possible.:tiphat:

TheArchitect

Veteran
Why'd you give up the g13 if you mind me asking? I've never had the chance to run it. I was hoping to run mk-ultra which is a g13xkush, but only one of the 2 seeds popped before it was eaten by mites, along with a blue og. I've been looking for a cut but may give up the search if it's not worth it seeing the few seats left in my stable. My favorite short cycle strains are a chronic or ak, anyone of the "superskunks", and McFly if you ever come across them. The 2 formers are pretty common and can be had in seed. McFly is clone only and is similar to Cindy. I'm assuming you'll be looking for variety when you have more space.

The g-13 was mold prone, at least for me. Everything else would be fine but random buds on the g-13 would have mold on the inside, partially it was my fault, but the it also did it to itself,' it would be solid as golf balls at day 28 and he leafs inside the flowers would get swallowed up. Have you seen the sweat from one leaf resting on another? Picture that in the flower. Needless to say I was tired of having to throw away a few zips a run so I said screw it, I've got other stuff that tastes better, and has a better high.

I do have 3 different strains, all of which I would consider 'elite' level quality. But I do plan to expand the library, I need some more flavors, a few pure Sativa's, and a good high cbd plant.

Btw what's your experience with cns? How do you like it? How do you think it compares to other nutes in terms of smell/yield/taste? The plants appear to like it. I'm running through a few gallons of PBP I got for free but the dilution ratio sucks and I question whether its worth the money next to maxi or jack's.

I hope your bitches get fat stinkin asses in the best way possible.

CNS cranks out the dank, stick to the grow and bloom, ripe is unnecessary but can be used for the last week of flush at really low concentratuon .5 ec in terms of cost, its cheaper than a lot of other stuff, but nothing beats jacks for price.

Nicely done

Thanks EyeP.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Thanks boss, I generally stick with A/B, or grow/bloom. The additives I use regardless of nute line are just kelp w/humic/fulvic and molasses and this is also what I use to finish. I use a well amended coco mix for the rest.

That og looks bomb I'm jealous sitting here on fruity strains. I know it's your first time in this space but what kind of yield do you get per 7gallon usually, also per light? How long did you veg these ladies? Also how many lights are you planning on running per table 4x30' table in your next spot? Have you ever played with or considered other lighting systems?

TheArchitect

Veteran
Thanks boss, I generally stick with A/B, or grow/bloom. The additives I use regardless of nute line are just kelp w/humic/fulvic and molasses and this is also what I use to finish. I use a well amended coco mix for the rest.

That og looks bomb I'm jealous sitting here on fruity strains. I know it's your first time in this space but what kind of yield do you get per 7gallon usually, also per light? How long did you veg these ladies? Also how many lights are you planning on running per table 4x30' table in your next spot? Have you ever played with or considered other lighting systems?

The og, in 7 gallons of coco with 4 weeks from rooted clone will yield 8.5 oz easily. Usually shooting to fit 4 per light. I've got 27 in mixed 5&7 gallons of promix, so I'd be happy with 7.5-8 per but I don't know. It looks to be decent, but I won't know till it hits the scale.

4x30 trays will get 5 gavita de 1000e, though dimensions on trays may change once I can stand in the room with a par meter and get real world readings. Its possible they may need to be 5x30 or 4x32 w/e gets me in the 25-30 moles of light per day range.