What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the kush, the whole kush, and nothing but the kush.

theother

Looking absolutely killer! Is that the Tahoe again? Great spacing on this 10-12" colas! Most of the broad leaf kushes I run (la confidential, bubba) tend to not hold those couple lower nodes on the cola, they pop off and become branches. How far along are they?

TheArchitect

Veteran
day 53

day 53

Only a few days until chop begins.

picture.php

picture.php

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol Don't chop.

Just please, the money will be better if you wait 2 more weeks with an actual flush.

70 days dude, not 56. I bet those trichomes aren't even developed fully and the pistils are wayyyyy too fresh and the calyxes aren't even swelled.

you should not chop unless its a sample.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I agree. Have never seen any strain (despite what breeders may advertise) that don't benefit from letting them go at least ~65 days or so.

I like to wait for them to plump/fill in as if the hairs have become one with the flower before I even think about chopping them down. Used to chop everything at 55 days in my earlier years until procrastination lead to me discover I actually start snapping branches due to the additional weight increase the final 2 weeks... taking most varieties 65-70 days.

It's worth the wait...or should I say weight.

soggiebottom

Beauty canopy and pruning management Arch! Not your first rodeo...Beautiful work...and it does take work!

I resisted moving chop times from the 8wk mark up to the 9th week mark for YRS....it was always about getting the next cycle going....go, go, go...next, next, next. Sometimes you just need to get it down...but now? Any chance to let'em go 9-9.5...well worth it. Depends on the market I guess...if it goes at 8, why wait. But when the competition is stiff...gotta do what you gotta do to be better than the other guy...9wks gives a better product IME. You probably know all that tho...haha

Haven't been online in forever...have been looking for info lately on updating my situation a bit. Seeing your skills here and the fact you have a couple Vertizontals...I think you'll see where I'm coming from and would value your opinion on those specific reflectors. I SOG with parabolics and dead even plant canopies...bud depth is only about 10" (whole plant is just 18-36" depending)...ceiling height is only 7 1/2 ft and a factor.
Do those Verti's throw the light spread too far or in any noticably uneven way??? Better than a large batwing?
Testing a few Grostars, a great reflector, it was actually designed for a 5x5 grid too...aside from their bulk, trapping too much heat tho as I suspected.
All the other reflectors seem focused on an intense and deep penetrating 4x4 grid...

Sorry for the book...Thx for reading ...haha

TheArchitect

Veteran
Lol, thanks guys.

I guess I should have said a week, cause that's the plan. 60 days, but here's the catch, I do 90% of the trimming myself and it takes me a solid week-10 days to finish so, some comes down a little early, the majority is harvested in the sweet spot for this girl, and some comes down a little late.

I'll have to find it, but i read somewhere that THC was highest early in the ripening stage. Basically once the trichromes start turning brown they are degrading. You wouldn't wait till your fruit was too ripe, you pick it when its ready, and in some cases a touch early and they will finish ripening on the kitchen counter.

For the sake of comparison, I'll harvest one plant at 60 and another at 70 and see what major differences I can see side by side.

Soggie- I like the vertizontals a lot. They have the same tendency as most reflectors, to light the edges to the right and left of the bulb but less intense on the front to back side. I hope that made sense. They work well, I actually didn't even hang them I just screwed them in to the floor joists to get extra height.

soggiebottom

Thx Arch...appreciate the feedback
Not envious of the week long trim job...I'm lucky to have a Wife and Brother involved and we got'er pretty dialed come work day...She chops/plucks/puts it in our laps/hangs while we just keep scissors movin'...75minutes/light average

Cheers and sharp scissors!

MedScientist

It used to take ME a solid week to trim each Harvest. I broke down and bought a knock-off SpinPro! WooHoo! Now I can finish in a few hours! I dont mind that it gives a tighter trim because I make alot of Dry Ice Hash for Capsules!

They are SOooo McFreakingAwesome, I named them! Hehehe

MedScientists Super Potent Dry Ice HashCaps! WooHoo! Well the adjectives change with the Potency, my MOST Potent so far being Uber Potent .....

AnyWho... just stopped by to admire your Garden, and ADMIRING I AM!

Great Job! :woohoo:

ArizonaMeds

I love the room, im not done reading the entire thread yet but the reason I don't grow this way in my "shack" is im not able to figure out how to deal with runoff and what about flushing? Now if I had a spot with a cement floor with drains? No problem. Thanks ahead of time for any insight.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Final tally- 15# of market flowers, 1.25# of hash flowers, 2# hash trim.

Not bad considering 6 of 8 lights were at 600 watts for 5 weeks.

If i intalled a proper split ac, I'm confident this room would yeild 18-20# of flowers.

I love the room, im not done reading the entire thread yet but the reason I don't grow this way in my "shack" is im not able to figure out how to deal with runoff and what about flushing? Now if I had a spot with a cement floor with drains? No problem. Thanks ahead of time for any insight.

I don't ever have runoff, I water to just below the point of saturation.

Did you ever do another run in this room? What 5 weeks did you have your lights turned down? Any idea you got so much weight with them turned down? How were the genetics you got from genotype? Thanks, killer grows.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Did you ever do another run in this room? What 5 weeks did you have your lights turned down? Any idea you got so much weight with them turned down? How were the genetics you got from genotype? Thanks, killer grows.

I've been running the room on a continual basis since inception. last run I actually hit the 20# mark, as I added another ac and was able to keep the lights at 1000w the whole way. when I had to turn the lights down it was the last 5 weeks as the plants had stretched into the danger zone. The genetics from genotype were solid, i still haven't grown them in my garden because my partner fucked up in the clone department, another friends run was good, but i harvest in Jan and the next run will be the new genetics, i always end up with the more flavorful flowers so they should be loud as fuuuuck when the come out of my garden. I'm thinking in future rooms with more ceiling height i could cover 30sqft per light and hit 3#/1kw. thanks for stopping in

Latest posts

Latest posts