What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

OK

A little help please!

I am 4 weeks into flower and been using the Maxibloom at 1tsp per gal with a little PH up. Well a few of the plants are yellowing off fast? Faster then they should be at this stage. Some are green as hell?

Here is a pic I just took of one of the leaves just starting to turn. Some are falling off and are all yellow. And this has happened in just the last few days. I noticed a few yellowing and then a few days later it is getting very bad.

Thanks

Attachments

• leaf 001.jpg
    leaf 001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 23
  • leaf 002.jpg
    leaf 002.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 29
  • leaf 003.jpg
    leaf 003.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
  • leaf 004.jpg
    leaf 004.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 21
P

Purple Monster

OK

A little help please!

I am 4 weeks into flower and been using the Maxibloom at 1tsp per gal with a little PH up. Well a few of the plants are yellowing off fast? Faster then they should be at this stage. Some are green as hell?

Here is a pic I just took of one of the leaves just starting to turn. Some are falling off and are all yellow. And this has happened in just the last few days. I noticed a few yellowing and then a few days later it is getting very bad.

Thanks

What kind of medium are you using? How often do you feed when you water? do you feed full strength everytime? Do you pH your mb mix?

danks

ph goes low really low with maxibloom, you got cal mag lock out run ph at 6.7 in soil or coco i think the nitrogen that is used lowers ph rapidly so check ph of res all the time and run off. cal mag lock out happens in soil at 6.4

What kind of medium are you using? How often do you feed when you water? do you feed full strength everytime? Do you pH your mb mix?

Sunshine #4 I feed 2 and water then 2 and water so on. Yes I ph every time. Got me stumped as 95% of all the othrs and different strains are not doing this.

Growdoctor

ph goes low really low with maxibloom, you got cal mag lock out run ph at 6.7 in soil or coco i think the nitrogen that is used lowers ph rapidly so check ph of res all the time and run off. cal mag lock out happens in soil at 6.4

AH,,

Sounds like this may be it. I have an expensive soil PH tester I will check them a little later and see. I thought it may be but I always PH my water at between 5.8-6.2 and I always add a little lime to the mix when potting the 5 gal containers so I really never have had any PH problems in the past. But I have never just ran Maxibloom before either!

GD

majortom9

I aint no expert and don't want to alarm ya but I have seen Tobacco Mosaic Virus and those pics are what it looks like in cannabis, to me anyways.Are the necrotic spots getting larger to a point then stopping without getting larger? I would keep a close eye on it and go as far as quarantining it just for shits and giggles.Wash your hands after you touch it and before handling any other plants or equipment. You do not want TMV, very contagious and imposable to get rid of. Can lay dormant on equipment for years. Believe it or not, the reason you should never smoke tobacco around your plants is because there is a risk of infecting them with TMV, not because smoke is going to harm them. Hope this isn't your problem and sure don't mean to alarm you. Good luck.

G

Guest 18340

6.7 ph for coco is pretty high, imo. Most guys go 6.0 max, myself included. Unless I misunderstood you, which is possible because I am stoned:abduct:

nobody smokes in the grow room or the house at all. I am thinking it is a PH problem and am working on figuring it out. it is only 3 plants out of 25 and most are still very green. I PH all my water though?

GD

OK

Just went over and checked the PH in the dirt and they all come out at 5.5 or so. Seems a little low to me. Funny thing is I have never had a PH problem in the past? That maxibloom is messing with the PH bad! My meter says 5.8-6.2 every time I water.

GD

DirtDoctor

Just went over and checked the PH in the dirt and they all come out at 5.5 or so. Seems a little low to me. Funny thing is I have never had a PH problem in the past? That maxibloom is messing with the PH bad! My meter says 5.8-6.2 every time I water.

You're over-feeding, which is causing nutrients to build up in the soil, lowering the pH.

Flush.

danks

cal mag lock out seems to be the only draw back of maxi but easily fixed and not with every strain. cal mag lock out happens at 6.4 in soil and coco around the same so if you having issues with mag or cal ph is mostlikely the issue when using maxi cause it contains alot of both.

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

For the ones using mb for veg and flower in coco... Have you ran a strain with a different veg/bloom nute and noticed a difference in stretch between the 2?

Thanks
:tiphat:

G

Guest 18340

For the ones using mb for veg and flower in coco... Have you ran a strain with a different veg/bloom nute and noticed a difference in stretch between the 2?

Thanks
:tiphat:
No difference for me. Used FF, GH flora (the standard 3-2-1 ratio and lucas 8/16 and Rez/Heads 6/9.

OK

GD
I can't tell you exactly what it is - I think you've found it (ph) but it's def not TMV, I did a lot of research when I thought some of my plants had it, might be a thread on here with pics but that's not it, and even mine that matched it visually, didn't have it bc I had it tested and all were neg. Still can't hurt to be clean.

compost

I was running mainly organic and I am currently switching to the KISS method. I started a week ago in flowering with some week miracle grow transplant nutes. Then a few days ago did the 20-20-20 jacks a little heavy 1 tsp/ gallon. I finally made it to the hydro store and got some of the maxibloom.

I am a little nervous switching to all chemical as I have not grown that way in over 6 years and didn't do it for long. I am gonna check the run off PH tonight when I water with it. Besides the maxi I also use hygrozyme and LK.

Ioni Botani

I ♥ ROCKWOOL!!

Thank JAH I finally found something that works with my lifestyle...

I think RW is my answer to extremely dank nuggs...no more lockout issues!!

Goodbye COCO!