What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
i run w/ RO water, but i dont remember off the top of my head.

i also mix in 5gal batches and im about to mix some up here in a bit

ill get back w/ a solid answer after while

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Do you guys use the same ec from rooted clone to flush? Growing in coco with the whole canna line, and the price I pay for nutes for 30+ lights is getting redic

Texian

Thanks Yuno.Who! I am totally stoked about this one step method. While HN did/does just fine, im tired of mixing 8+ products. My measuring cup needs a break :)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Do you guys use the same ec from rooted clone to flush? Growing in coco with the whole canna line, and the price I pay for nutes for 30+ lights is getting redic

I start from seed and they get pHed water the first week then yes 7 grams per gallon maxi and a 1/4 strength shot of KoolBloom at 4 days before flush starts. So simple even a stoner (like me) could do it.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
man this seems so simple, I just wish I had the time to forget what I have already learned....

What Im wondering is, if anyone wants to throw out some comments about how this works with two strains going at the same time. Have people seen increased uniformity of crops as a result of switching to a simpler recipe, or is the result the same thing with two crops, as far as quality goes but not with the same amount of growth. Like I think that if it worked correctly that the plants would show more characteristics of different expressions that would be easier to tell apart since they didn't share the disability of using a convoluted, if not counterproductive formula that stunts plants into a similar bland dark green color??

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Hey all! Great thread!!,

After reading through 100+ pages of this post, I too would like to transition into the K.I.S.S. method. But before doing so, I have a question concerning the switch from my current nutrient line, Humboldt Nutrients, to Maxibloom.
First off I grow in (75%) Canna coco/(25%) perlite, hand feed, with drain to waste. 600w MH and/or HPS. And yes, the entire line of HN.
Ok so now that I got that out of the way, the questions:
Do I have to flush the enitre plant of HN before using Maxibloom for the flowering cycle? I am currently vegging AK-47 clones and feeding per the HN's GROW schedule. I am hoping to start the flowering process within a week.
I appreciate all who respond. Thanks.

Flushing is like toothpaste is what I've heard

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
man this seems so simple, I just wish I had the time to forget what I have already learned....

What Im wondering is, if anyone wants to throw out some comments about how this works with two strains going at the same time. Have people seen increased uniformity of crops as a result of switching to a simpler recipe, or is the result the same thing with two crops, as far as quality goes but not with the same amount of growth. Like I think that if it worked correctly that the plants would show more characteristics of different expressions that would be easier to tell apart since they didn't share the disability of using a convoluted, if not counterproductive formula that stunts plants into a similar bland dark green color??

I'm getting ready to do exactly that. I've got 4 clones of a strain I'm very familiar with (Paradise seeds 'Wappa'). I'm going to run 2 of them with the KISS method and NO sups at all, the other one, I'm gonna do my normal supplemented Lucas formula. I'll post my results as they proceed. It's gonna be about a week before they get transferred to the flower closet.

mgk :tiphat:

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
What EC are you guys getting with R.O. water at 7 grams per Gal?

thanks

1.9 e.c./960ish ppm on the .5 scale.

i dont use the 7grams/gal as it burns a couple strains i run in flower. i use the teaspoon scoop that comes in the bag, which is somewhere around 5.5-6.0 grams i think.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
does this product work with FFOF or should i just use a medium like promix

M

mugenbao

does this product work with FFOF or should i just use a medium like promix

Please don't think I'm insulting you, that's not my intention, but this question has been asked literally dozens of times in this thread.

Here's an easy way to find out without having to read the entire thread:

picture.php

I know this question will be asked a few dozen more times by others, so I took a snapshot :D

Bonzo

Veteran
I'm getting ready to do exactly that. I've got 4 clones of a strain I'm very familiar with (Paradise seeds 'Wappa'). I'm going to run 2 of them with the KISS method and NO sups at all, the other one, I'm gonna do my normal supplemented Lucas formula. I'll post my results as they proceed. It's gonna be about a week before they get transferred to the flower closet.

mgk :tiphat:

looking forward to your results maynard :)

Been running Maxi for this past grow in Coco for 8 plans and Sunshine Advanced for the other 8. I'm week 3 into flower now and somehow had an iron deficiency, it went away.

Any of you having any luck adding in KoolBloom at week 4 for the PK spike?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran

What Im wondering is, if anyone wants to throw out some comments about how this works with two strains going at the same time. Have people seen increased uniformity of crops as a result of switching to a simpler recipe, or is the result the same thing with two crops, as far as quality goes but not with the same amount of growth.

Occasionally I would come across a strain that required more magnesium... hence the addition of epsom salts for some plants and not others. (Epsom is simply mag and a bit of sulpher.. it doesn't contain excess nitrogen or calcium to throw off the nutrient mix like Cal/Mag does.)

The main difference between strains is usually solution strength. *shrug* If all your strains eat about the same rate... you might be able to run them all in the same res. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

G

greenmatter

multi strain grows are always more of a pain in the ass. nothing out there fert-wise is ever going to change that

but i won't stop doing it

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
The info regarding feeding levels starting on the first page and many hundreds of subsequent pages is wrong.

Umm.... this is the beginning of the first post:

KEEP IT SIMPLE STONER
*EDIT*
Beware that not all teaspoons measure/weigh out the same. Please weigh out 7 grams, do not go by 1 tsp.
...READ ENTIRE THREAD...
IF you're serious.

Last edited by evlme2; 07-27-2011 at 09:03 PM..

:thank you:

G

greenmatter

^^^^^^^^ LOL ...... are you trying to imply that reading is actually a good way to pick up information?:good:

sounds plausible amigo ....... but i think we might need a side by side to prove it:biggrin:

Herbophile

Man? My EC meter is messed up, im gettin .54 EC?

I woud check it with some calibration fluid or something. I use .2 EC tap water and with 7 grams/gallon Maxi I get a 1.3 EC. My readings are with a Bluelab Truncheon Meter but I've never checked it for accuracy.