What's new

The Jiffy Challenge

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
dang high country! your plants look pretty amazing, wish i had could grow plants that short.
quote]
Yo Chris !
I know, it´s no Jiffy, but a 20 cc party cup, not totally filled with soil...think this lady is ´bout 16 cm´s "tall" :-D

picture.php

12/12 from seed...
:laughing:

I´m defly gonna find me some Jiffy´s and enter this contest !!
:dance013:

that's pretty crazy man, i wonder if someone tried, how small they could make their plant flower, you'd have to stress the crap out of it with little water and straight 12/12 from seed. nice job though

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
loving the jiffy pellets, i used rockwool before these last clones and they took longer to root (maybe my inexperience) but i just looked tonight and the smallest clone clipping i took has already sprung roots out of the jiffy pellet it's in and it's been about 5 days..!!! wow. it's probably too late for me to join. lol i'll be watching anyway :D

im definitly going to have to start some 12/12 from seed soon, unfortunatly my timer didnt work :(

but turns out one of my plants is a man, so maybe i will have some space!

lolraymond

DAMMMNNN. Sup guys! Nice freakin' plant HC. That things lookin' sick. I germ'd like 5 seeds, they are all in Jiffy's now. Two sprouted already. The sprout was just 2 leaves and about a half inch tall on Friday when I left town. Came back today and it's grown to about 3 inches already, popped out the first serrated leaves. Another one sprouted right after this one. I'll use the second sprout and get in on this! Bout freakin' time!

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Doesn't matter if your late getting into this and if you're doing seed and get a male, LET IT GROW and see what he can do.

High Country

Veteran
Just amped up the nutes in the res for the SOG, which will feed THE JIFFY CHALLENGE CONTENDER to 1.8 EC Will increase .1 EC each week until finish.

The challenger is going to go the life of the SOG which should finish in 4-5 weeks. Fast finishing no name indica. Even if it dies next week I will leave it there and see what happens.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
would leaving the plant in the jiffy pellet stunt its growth permanently if done for a long period of time? i mean if i later want to transplant this poor little guy/girl into a bigger pot or a hydro system etc would it then unleash and get big like any other plant would? cheers

darwin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah for sure, but i think they're wanting to grow them in jiffy pellets for a long period to see who can get the biggest plant/best yield etc, so that would mean months of growing in this tiny jiffy pellet so yeah just wondering if there're issues at transplanting at a much later stage. cheers pg-191.

darwin

PG-191

I realize they're growing strictly in jiffy pots. I was just pointing out that jiffy pots into hydro is A-OKAY. :D

I just think the pellets would break apart after the root mass gets too big, so there'd be some improv there with makeshift netting to help the peat hold its shape or somehting.

High Country

Veteran
would leaving the plant in the jiffy pellet stunt its growth permanently if done for a long period of time? i mean if i later want to transplant this poor little guy/girl into a bigger pot or a hydro system etc would it then unleash and get big like any other plant would? cheers

darwin

There is no way known I would normally grow like this. Below are 38 rooted clones, one of which is the challenger. They are 14 days old since taking the cutting.

36 of these went straight into another SOG.

Exposed roots like this will eventually die, aerial pruning.

I think I will be lucky to go 6 weeks. As soon as the roots show it's best to get them into your grow method.

picture.php

High Country

Veteran
I realize they're growing strictly in jiffy pots. I was just pointing out that jiffy pots into hydro is A-OKAY. :D

I just think the pellets would break apart after the root mass gets too big, so there'd be some improv there with makeshift netting to help the peat hold its shape or somehting.

I do put 36 clones in Jiffy Pellets straight into hydroton. They do fall apart a bit but the root mass that goes out into the hydroton can support the plant in full bloom.