What's new

The Jiffy Challenge

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
4 days in and the little Jiffy Challenge contender is still alive.

HAPPY DAYS UNDER A 600W HPS IN THE MIDDLE OF ANOTHER LITTLE SOG

picture.php

THE POOR LITTLE THING IS GETTING SEXUALLY EXCITED, FIRST PRE-FLOWERS. IT'S GOING TO HAVE TO STAY A VIRGIN THOUGH

picture.php

Will it live, will it die? Can't wait to see the rootbound mess in a couple of weeks.

This should be a massive yield.

lolraymond

Damn, I'll be posting some pictures soon. Just monster cropped my Bubba Gum, hopefully it roots so I can join in on the JIFFYYYYY CHALLENNNNGGGGEEEE.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Awesome job there High Country. I'm playing catch up cause I'll be starting from seed, but can't wait to see what happens with everyone's entries. Good stuff.

Peace an Respects

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
I so want in on this. I just popped some beans, that are on their first leaf set. I'm thinkin a Kalimist contender. My question is this. Since you guys are so far ahead of me can I play? I still need to sex etc, but this is the best idea since sliced bread. Lets make it an annual.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Sure thing lokes, I figured it would be ongoing like the various other challenges. I'll get some pics up tonight - I doubt I'll get much yield but this thing is cute as a button. :D

I don't have the time, space, patience or the lack of clumsy garden behavior to try the worlds smallest hand watered hydroponic plant. I do enjoy studying bud development, no matter the size of the plant producing such a flower.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Sure thing lokes, I figured it would be ongoing like the various other challenges. I'll get some pics up tonight - I doubt I'll get much yield but this thing is cute as a button. :D

Scrub, your commentary is what makes it. The let me turn to page 378 in the rule book had me on the floor, now the Cute as a button comment, put me right back.

I'll give her a go, as I've still got some construction to do before I can graduate from cups anyway.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
See, you guys already are one up on me. I don't have any airstones to make my water bubbly. Lol. I'll just use nutes and see where it goes, I guess. I'm trying to come up on a clone from my friend. If he doesn't give me one, maybe I'll Monster Crop one of my Bubba Gums. Then again, I don't wanna loose any yield from those small plants. What evs. I'll think of something! I'll try to get a clone today.

You will get by without air stones particularly if it is a re-circulating system. Don't worry about it, just give it a go.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks lokes :D btw I was lying, it looks ugly as a bucket of smashed crabs, lol. Next time I'll pay more attention to what I'm doing. This is day 21 in the lead-up to limping over the finish line:

Got a feeling HC is gonna clean up the first round :eek::

lolraymond

Damn Scrubs! That looks pretty freakin' sweet! It's so tall! Does it topple over if you don't hold the Jiffy? Hahah I bet it does. What you think your yield will be? About 2 or 3 ounces or what? Lol. I can't wait to get in on this.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Damn Scrubs! That looks pretty freakin' sweet! It's so tall! Does it topple over if you don't hold the Jiffy? Hahah I bet it does. What you think your yield will be? About 2 or 3 ounces or what? Lol. I can't wait to get in on this.

Bwahahahaha!

ScrubNinja

Veteran
lol I think I'll be struggling to beat my previous shittiest yield of 1.8gm :biglaugh: and it would need weight up top to fall over, hahaha. I wedge it in on the edge of the leda uno, doesn't get much light, or anything else!

(old pic - much more crowded now)

Green Smoke

Scrub, do you use these pellets to start clones for your cupboard? I mean, do you just put these things right into coco once they root?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I sure do, man. They're great. All I do in particular is cut the material off carefully before planting.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Well, I can't say for certain, but I got the feeling that it did affect the final root formation, and it's easy enough to remove it, so I do now. It's also not biodegradable.

Latest posts

Latest posts