What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Impeachment Of Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Beard

As I recall he did not try; he took the political route instead; and an amazing number of things are 'put through' by executive order.

edit; He went chicken; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE

He couldn’t try: he was president, not Mitch McConnell
LITERALLY *NOT* his job. Separation of powers and all that....

As for the number of executive orders - both Reagan and Trump leaned more heavily on the XO power

med4u

Veteran
Now here's an image that will resonate with voters...remember this image on the morning after the 2020
Election

Attachments

• D5kGp4oXoAUHxkX.jpg
    D5kGp4oXoAUHxkX.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He couldn’t try: he was president, not Mitch McConnell
LITERALLY *NOT* his job. Separation of powers and all that....

As for the number of executive orders - both Reagan and Trump leaned more heavily on the XO power

You seem to misunderstand friend. 1/ I never once said nor implied it was Obama overusing executive orders.

2/ Anyone who can read or watch video can clearly see Obama's hand was heavily in the authorship of the medical coverage plan. I certainly do not need a refresher in US governmental structure nor understanding history.

It was his 'push' which moved away from single payer universal coverage, when he could have pushed "FOR' it. LITERALLY HIS JOB. As illustrated by the video he found it politically more useful to walk away from it.

White Beard

You seem to misunderstand friend. 1/ I never once said nor implied it was Obama overusing executive orders.

2/ Anyone who can read or watch video can clearly see Obama's hand was heavily in the authorship of the medical coverage plan. I certainly do not need a refresher in US governmental structure nor understanding history.

It was his 'push' which moved away from single payer universal coverage, when he could have pushed "FOR' it. LITERALLY HIS JOB. As illustrated by the video he found it politically more useful to walk away from it.

Didn’t mean to talk down to you, just trying to be mindful of the larger conversation here (such as it is).

I completely agree that he nixed the single-payer option; the end result was what he and the congressional leadership believed would get republican support for the bill; I think the GOP weighed more heavily on the structure of the bill, as it was tailored to what they said they would support. Of course, that support never materialized and the resulting bill has been used as a campaign truncheon by GOP ever since, and we’re left with a piece of largely failed legislation and a blown opportunity.

So, not trying to correct you, just wanted to counter the erroneous *general* notion that presidents have legislative powers

M

Mr D

The ACA was taken from a plan written by health insurance lobbyist years before. Why do you think health insurance stock skyrocketed when it was passed.

Medicare for all is another bullshit plan to tax you more and give you crappy coverage.
137 Million Americans Suffered “Medical Financial Hardship In The Past Year” 17% of them were on medicare.

Big Pharma makes billions while Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death.

Our entire healthcare system is now completely dominated by the pharmaceutical giants, the big health insurance companies and greedy corporate interests. All thanks to politicians.

redlaser

Veteran
The concept of the individual health insurance mandate originated in 1989 from the conservative Heritage Foundation.

Fun quote from Mitch McConnel, “The problem isn’t that there is too much money in politics, the problem is there is not enough money in politics “

White Beard

A look into the mind of a dishonorably discharged airman who’s never drawn a private paycheck in his life (employment, not ‘donations’) and became a millionaire over the course of his life in “public service”, and the most powerful member of the Congress since LBJ

Cannavore

Veteran
Medicare for all is another bullshit plan to tax you more
you net save money at the end of the year. why don't people understand paying premiums and shit to a private company is essentially a private tax? Except with the private tax you're paying for your insurance, someone elses, as well as the salary for some bozo who gets $10's of millions in bonuses every year.

even though your taxes will go up a few percentage points, you'd still end up paying less in total than what you're paying now.

and give you crappy coverage.
___media_images_news_2017_mm_table.jpg

137 Million Americans Suffered “Medical Financial Hardship In The Past Year” 17% of them were on medicare.

While I can't find the "17% of them were on medicare" part..... The facts seem pretty clear:

"More than 137 million U.S. adults, about 56%, have suffered because of costs tied to medical care, according to a study released Thursday by the American Cancer Society.

Adults aged 18 to 64 suffered more than seniors, according to National Health Interview Survey data collected from 2015 to 2017."

in other words those on Medicare faired better.

Big Pharma makes billions while Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death.
by law we're not allowed to negotiate drug prices. medicare for all would allow our govt to negotiate drug prices.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A look into the mind of a dishonorably discharged airman who’s never drawn a private paycheck in his life (employment, not ‘donations’) and became a millionaire over the course of his life in “public service”, and the most powerful member of the Congress since LBJ

Who is that?
Shortly after his arrival, McConnell was diagnosed with optic neuritis and was deemed medically unfit for military service.. After just five weeks at Fort Knox, he was honorably discharged.

Healthcare is the most important issue to me. Most people that are still young don't give it much thought. The way its setup now. We either die becuse we cant afford the care when sick or we go bankrupt trying to pay for it.

M

Mr D

you net save money at the end of the year. why don't people understand paying premiums and shit to a private company is essentially a private tax? Except with the private tax you're paying for your insurance, someone elses, as well as the salary for some bozo who gets $10's of millions in bonuses every year.

even though your taxes will go up a few percentage points, you'd still end up paying less in total than what you're paying now.

View Image

While I can't find the "17% of them were on medicare" part..... The facts seem pretty clear:

"More than 137 million U.S. adults, about 56%, have suffered because of costs tied to medical care, according to a study released Thursday by the American Cancer Society.

Adults aged 18 to 64 suffered more than seniors, according to National Health Interview Survey data collected from 2015 to 2017."

in other words those on Medicare faired better.

by law we're not allowed to negotiate drug prices. medicare for all would allow our govt to negotiate drug prices.

Why would I believe government run health care or negotiated drug prices would be better? What industry has the government taken over and successfully managed?

You can't reform healthcare before you reform our influence buying political system.

redlaser

Veteran
Just stop..

It's been a bipartisan fleece job the whole time.

If you would like to characterize the Conservative Heritage Foundation as insurance lobbyists, I would call that a fleece job, but you are probably correct.

Fleece job #2 is calling ACA all Obama’s idea, basing a campaign on revoking it as job #1, winning campaign, having house and senate for two years and doing zero about it despite complaining for eight years of Obama’s presidency zero better ideas presented for improvement. Ten years of talking bullshit by repubs.

No comment on proud money whore Mitch?

Unless a way to take out special interest money happens nothing will change, current administrations filling of positions with former lobbyists shows where they stand on that. Rape and pillage while in office is the norm

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why would I believe government run health care or negotiated drug prices would be better?

By having a set budget which does not include inflated bonuses, profit margins and hungry investors. Many drugs are developed by universities and end up being patented because of corrupt faculty and company sponsorship, despite many donations from individuals. If this was no longer the case, the research results would belong to the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts