What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The hemp seed hub: A thread for those who seek seeds and infos on hemp

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Finola x DR 58N (selected 65N) 160-180cm. I crossed it (open pollination) with an auto ak x pehkruder x dr breed 65N. Hope that will raise the potency. I just sent out 4000 seeds on a share friendly site. :)
Why did you decide to cross Finola to a 'auto/ruderalis' hybrid? Please enlighten me as I can't see much of an advantage with this cross (possibly I'm blind ;) )...

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Why did you decide to cross Finola to a 'auto/ruderalis' hybrid? Please enlighten me as I can't see much of an advantage with this cross (possibly I'm blind ;) )...

I think it's offthehook's hybrid so I might as well comment on it. For starters, 180cm for an autoflower, that's a lot. I think that's one of the reasons he decided to explore this path. Plus, nothing is hardier than Finola. The cross is probably indestructable and half full of cbd :biggrin:

dudin

I think it's offthehook's hybrid so I might as well comment on it. For starters, 180cm for an autoflower, that's a lot. I think that's one of the reasons he decided to explore this path. Plus, nothing is hardier than Finola. The cross is probably indestructable and half full of cbd :biggrin:

Yeah that's basically it and I'm at 58N and have a lot of friends around and above 60N. That's the same lat as Siberia and Alaska. Want rough shit.

J-Icky

Ok so I know its not quiet legal but is it possible to get chinese "hemp" seeds. I have heard there are far fewer regulations in china so alot of their hemp contains up to 5% THC. Now I can't say this is a fact, just something I've heard.

But if it is true and their hemp does contain 1-5% thc it could be selectively bred to eventually develop a new chinese cultivar that could bring in some genes alot of our modern cultivars don't have.

dudin

Ok so I know its not quiet legal but is it possible to get chinese "hemp" seeds. I have heard there are far fewer regulations in china so alot of their hemp contains up to 5% THC. Now I can't say this is a fact, just something I've heard.

But if it is true and their hemp does contain 1-5% thc it could be selectively bred to eventually develop a new chinese cultivar that could bring in some genes alot of our modern cultivars don't have.

9$
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1924981730.html

Only Ornamental

Veteran
... I have heard there are far fewer regulations in china so alot of their hemp contains up to 5% THC. Now I can't say this is a fact, just something I've heard.

Just found a registered (i.e. low THC) Chinese variety likely suitable for sub-/tropical climates: Yunma 1 from Yunnan Industrial Hemp Inc., they also have other 'versions'...
Here you find more information. Though, Because many Chinese shops import directly, they avoid controls to some extent.
I did ask Yunnan Inc. for samples: no reply.

Your idea contradicts what we currently know about cannabis/hemp genetics. All that 5% THC statement means is that said plants (and usually only some of the population, not all) possess the THCA synthase instead of the CBDA synthase.
You also find it in older varieties from southern Italy, in many hemp landraces from the southern ecotype (South-east Europe), and especially in multi-purpose cultivars. Modern EU-approved versions are usually selected against this and only contain the latter enzyme (like Carmagnola). All the other genes, way more important in terms or everything else, are still there (and are the reason why most people don't want to cross their drug strain with hemp)... BTW getting rid of the CBDA gene takes two generations and a quick&dirty cannabinoid test of the F2 ;) .

Maybe read the very first post of this thread (again)?

JacobandSierra

Purchasing certified seed

Purchasing certified seed

We really thought that it would be much easier to locate certified seed distributors, but it has taken all morning just to find finola's website. Here are the cultivars we are interested in growing, and we are open to suggestions :) Does anyone know where to buy these?

Fedora
Felina
Ferimon
Kompolti

Could the issue be that we only speak English and some broken Spanish? :)

Only Ornamental

Veteran
We really thought that it would be much easier to locate certified seed distributors, but it has taken all morning just to find finola's website. Here are the cultivars we are interested in growing, and we are open to suggestions :) Does anyone know where to buy these?

Fedora
Felina
Ferimon
Kompolti

Could the issue be that we only speak English and some broken Spanish? :)
The issue is not your language but the fact that you didn't check out the links in the very first post ;) .
Here we go: CLICK ONCE, CLICK TWICE
Second link lets you download the common catalogue of agricultural varieties in any EU/EFTA language! Read the document, find the hemp varieties you want, and look at the 'breeder' code in the right column. With that, you get the official address later down the document. These addresses are THE ONLY official ones for approved hemp seeds in the EU. But you have to buy 25kg bags...
If you'd have read my first post to the end, you'd also found addresses where to find smaller amounts.

Besides, there are several different Fédora and Félina on the market; again, this is explained in DETAIL in the first post... no offence but if you were searching like that before, no wonder you didn't find anything...

JacobandSierra

The issue is not your language but the fact that you didn't check out the links in the very first post ;) .
Here we go: CLICK ONCE, CLICK TWICE
Second link lets you download the common catalogue of agricultural varieties in any EU/EFTA language! Read the document, find the hemp varieties you want, and look at the 'breeder' code in the right column. With that, you get the official address later down the document. These addresses are THE ONLY official ones for approved hemp seeds in the EU. But you have to buy 25kg bags...
If you'd have read my first post to the end, you'd also found addresses where to find smaller amounts.

Besides, there are several different Fédora and Félina on the market; again, this is explained in DETAIL in the first post... no offence but if you were searching like that before, no wonder you didn't find anything...

I read it, but it didn't register.... thank you so much for redirecting me, and for posting this. It is a huge help!!!!!

Only Ornamental

Veteran
You're welcome! :)

Out of mere curiosity:
Are you going to sow a whole field full of it or just a few plants? Why these 4 rather different varieties and what are you going to do with them?

JacobandSierra

We are applying to grow hemp in USA. We are hoping to grow and harvest the buds for essential oil. 2.5 to 5 acres on an existing soy bean/ corn farm. The fiber we will use as mulch, animal bedding, and to burn for manufacturing/ processing. Any advice you can give will be well appreciated. I selected the varieties based on research on essential oil production from the international industrial hemp association. Also, if you have any experience in importing hemp seeds into America, I would love some pointers... I am not sure exactly which license I need to obtain- experimental or just a small lot seed permit. Any help or advice is appreciated. :tiphat:

dudin

Well I wasnt sure about the germrate on the Finola x Dr /Auto Ak x Pek x DR but now I´m pretty confident its a good one. These will be grown with light 24/7.

Droped a few seeds in every pot.....
25% Finola hemp
m7dvlz.jpg

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Bought a 500 g of hemp seed for 1.75 which is now in the freezer see what comes up.Seeds are smaller then normal.

Keep on growing :)

Only Ornamental

Veteran
...Seeds are smaller then normal.
What is normal for you?
Besides, Finola and IIRC Fédora 17 and related varieties as well as many northern ecotypes but also my two accessions from Armenia and Georgia have relatively small seeds, so do different varieties from the Himalayas I happen to have.

dudin

What is normal for you?
Besides, Finola and IIRC Fédora 17 and related varieties as well as many northern ecotypes but also my two accessions from Armenia and Georgia have relatively small seeds, so do different varieties from the Himalayas I happen to have.

The batch of 100% Finola I've got is not small at all. Could not tell em apart from regular cb seeds.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Normally they are a lot bigger these seeds because they're from China special for birdfeed

picture.php

Keep on growing :)

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The seeds of a certain isolated local patch of ditchweed - technically railweed - are quite small as well. They are not retained on the plant for any length of time and fall out not long after pollination. This makes collecting the seeds nearly impossible outdoors - they would be a very bad variety for seed production outdoors. Indoors, nearly all of the seeds fall out with a bit of stem tapping - the slightest movement of the plant makes it rain seed.