What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The hemp seed hub: A thread for those who seek seeds and infos on hemp

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

Very beautiful hemp female! A friend grew one from a bag of bird seeds too, covered with resin glands and smelled very good, but he didn't try to smoke it.

I have found a pic and two videos about Chinese hemp, where you can see the growth habit.

scan0063.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IjFCGPDyRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRHHgFYrpEQ

Greetings.

flameninja

Got a couple of Fibrimon growing micro stylee at the moment :)
picture.php

Few more pics in my album if anyone's interested :respect:

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Where could I find the strain, Carma?
I answered this question already several times, so here just a copy-paste. For Carmagnola and CS, you will likely have to contact the Italian institute in my above post. ;)
The issue is not your language but the fact that you didn't check out the links in the very first post ;) .
Here we go: CLICK ONCE, CLICK TWICE
Second link lets you download the common catalogue of agricultural varieties in any EU/EFTA language! Read the document, find the hemp varieties you want, and look at the 'breeder' code in the right column. With that, you get the official address later down the document. These addresses are THE ONLY official ones for approved hemp seeds in the EU. But you have to buy 25kg bags...
If you'd have read my first post to the end, you'd also found addresses where to find smaller amounts.

HempUru

Open Genetics

Open Genetics

Hello Only Ornamental,
I am a Uruguayan looking to obtain hemp varieties that are OPEN GENETICS, meaning that they can be registered with the government and no-one can claim royalties on them. Of the extensive list that you mentioned, which ones are free access genetics? Thank you very much :tiphat:

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Hello HempUru
Those are nearly all registered varieties, sorry :( .
Some are widely distributed land races or rather old varieties bred between 1940 and 1960 (no longer protected). These may be used to select a new line like it has been done with Carmagnola, Fleischmann hemp, Schurig, Fibrimon, amongst others. Although, you would need to get old seed stock because seeds you can buy are from protected selections... One possibility is via seed banks. Some of which offer the possibility to use their stock as breeding tool. A fee or donation is usually due if this results in a commercial product. The main problem for you is to get in contact with such a seed bank: The most accessible one is the IPK in Germany but they don't share seeds with non-European countries. The VIR in Russia (biggest seed collection) does not send seeds beyond their border and the 3 or 4 other big collections, all situated in Eastern Europe, do not respond to email inquiries (not even official ones from universities written in English and German) ;( .
As far as I can tell, this leaves you with one last possibility, local botanical gardens which might use their national and international contacts to get seeds from other botanical gardens. Some of the seeds shared by the IPK are from such seed exchanges... might work, might not...
Good luck!

oldchuck

Veteran
Interesting, Thule. Haven't seen you around for a while. How has your season been. Got snow yet?

I still can't get Finola to pop like the field in that video. I can grow an eight foot Ganja girl but I'm lucky to get Finola to clear two feet. Anyway, I now have several Finola crosses: Satori X Finola, Ciskei X Finola (F3 open pollinated), a random Dutch X Finola, and a Swazi/skunk X Finola. Experiment, experiment.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Interesting, Thule. Haven't seen you around for a while. How has your season been. Got snow yet?

I still can't get Finola to pop like the field in that video. I can grow an eight foot Ganja girl but I'm lucky to get Finola to clear two feet. Anyway, I now have several Finola crosses: Satori X Finola, Ciskei X Finola (F3 open pollinated), a random Dutch X Finola, and a Swazi/skunk X Finola. Experiment, experiment.

Hi, no snow yet, we usually have to wait until november/december for that.

I've been around, mostly in the landrace section though. The season was a disaster, the weather has never been so poor during my "career". In fact nothing else than finola grew normally :laughing: they don't mind a little cold. I grew some Yunnan x Finola, they had no chance of flowering this year, the slower strains that did fine last year didn't even sex. I think I need to add some finola genes to some strains.. I tried doing Finola x Nepal but the seeds were raw.. Better luck next year I guess :)

Hank64

Great thread!
I grew out an acre this year and plant to expand very much next year. Having issues getting my hands on seeds that have high rates of CBD. Seems a lot of the Chinese have no idea what the CBD rate of their plants are.

I do have 1 verity that i have been working on over the last 3 years. THC is very low, CBD rates are fair, leaves are like a sativa but it grows like an indica. loads of branches.

Hank64

This is what I have been working on

Attachments

• 20150823_135428.jpg
    20150823_135428.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20150823_135437.jpg
    20150823_135437.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 19

oldchuck

Veteran
Welcome to the thread, Hank. Interesting plants. Is that a Chinese variety? What did you do with your acre of hemp?

Hank64

Ahh Chinese variety, it could have roots in it. (trade secret ) She finises way faster then most from China!
Wont give you to much info however the test on wet material full of seeds shows to be good CBD. Each plant produced about a 1/2 lbs of seed.

This is early August.

The wonderful test on semi-wet stuff. 1 gram of flower gave 1.2mg of CBD on early unfinished flower with NO THC! More testing coming down the road.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 26

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
290560-Vitalitaet-Hanfgras-Pulver-BG-klein-68x195m.jpg

Essentiale fatty acids und CBD-A per 100g % NRV
per 100g per capsule
Omega-3fatty acid 30mg --- 82µg
Omega-6fatty acid 290mg --- 798µg
Cannabidiol 2510mg --- 6,9mg

Keep on growing :)

C

Cannabisso

Ahh Chinese variety, it could have roots in it. (trade secret ) She finises way faster then most from China!
Wont give you to much info however the test on wet material full of seeds shows to be good CBD. Each plant produced about a 1/2 lbs of seed.

This is early August.

The wonderful test on semi-wet stuff. 1 gram of flower gave 1.2mg of CBD on early unfinished flower with NO THC! More testing coming down the road.

Interesting. Didn't that Ivan Bocsa hemp guru say that there is no hemp without THC?

Latest posts

Latest posts